17 October 2011 - Deathcon II (Halloween 2011)

Da_Latios

So the knowledge base says that the wicked hood produces 100 of a free-to-play rune everyday, or 5 members runes, and you can use it twice if you have an elemental talisman. On first reading I though this meant I could get 200 free law or nature runes per day, but now I think it means runes which free-to-play can craft, not those they can use. Is that the way it is?

By free play they mean anything a non-member can craft. In other words, if you can use normal rune essence to craft it, you can get 100. If you need pure essence (a la membership) then you can only get 5 per use.

the layout of the interface even shows which can be done.

Interior "noob" ring are the 100 a go runes (air, fire, earth, water, mind, body)

Exterior "leet" ring are the 5 a go runes (blood, soul, chaos, death, nature, law, cosmic, astral)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new hood is massively useful for getting to Lunar spellbook. Can be used twice a day max, but that's usually sufficient. Need an omni-talisman to unlock it, though.

Also very useful for any Sawmill pengs if you teleport to Earth altar.

The free essence is also very convenient at any given altar. Supply be doubled with Elemental talisman, which are now unbuyable on the GE. That's 100/200 free runes basically.

I like it. I'll miss my tiaras, though. :(

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

I thought that hood is crap, but it will be awesome for switching to lunars tbh. Well, still crap for RC XD

Not entirely. Seeing as the hood serves as both a teleport, an omnitiara and a source of 200 pure essence, that means you can tele to any altar, enter it, craft runes by withdrawing the 200 pure essence from your hood. All with no effort on your part. Every day.

At bloods, that's about 2100 RC xp and 36k worth of bloods (200).

------------------------------------------

Screw the shirt, screw the emote and screw the hourglass. DCII Mash-up (Infinity mix) is the true reward from this event.

Balling tune.

Unknown_Warrior.jpegIgGCP.png

Dragon Drops : 5 Dragon Medium Helmets, 3 Dragon Claws, 3 Dragon platelegs, 2 Dragon plateskirts, 2 Dragon Hatchets, 2 Dragon Spears, 7 pairs of Dragon Boots, 1 Dragon pickaxe, 10 Dragon defenders, 3 Dragon 2h swords, 1 Dragon armour Slice, 1 Dragon armour Lump, 1 Dragon chainbody, 1 Dragon kiteshield, 1 Dragon hasta, 1 Dragon ward, 25 Dragon knives pairs
The Warrior's Blog , Herblore Habitat - Efficient and profitable

[hide=Stats and logs]

The_Warrior.png
.:Adventurer's Log:.

[/hide]

I dunno -- the rockin' Tee is pretty cute, too!

:grin:

The Wicked Hood is a pretty decent add-on and it looks rather useful. The two teleports per day can come in handy when penguin hunting and star hunting, as well as when Runecrafting.

That said, as far as "Runecrafting" goes, it's not a game changer in the least.

Still -- I like it ...

nyuseg.png

The hood gives me a very easy way of getting back to lunar after an icewyrm task. I'm happy.

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

The hood gives me a very easy way of getting back to lunar after an icewyrm task. I'm happy.

Yeppers -- the hoodie has, literally, 101 uses it seems. Over all, it may be a game-changer in terms of the various uses that can be made of its teleporting abilities.

So -- how soon before they nerf it?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Anyone else find Pumpkin Pete?

Seems he is another wait-and-see event like the theater.

I heard rumours you have to find the right pumpkin in the patch east of the bar and pumpkin pete is hiding there (eg hes a pumpkin version of postie pete)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Well, it took me four hours camping at the Abyss, but I got my elemental talisman, not to mention a little over 500 pure essence and some charms. Didn't bother collecting abyssal charms though. XD Oh, and a ton of clue scrolls and one effigy. XD

Was funny when the worlds crashed last night too... Apparently 119 was one of them, but here I was still killing away watching RC bots run by. O_O'

As for Deathcon II, it was fun. Emote's pretty awesome and the reward is unique in regards to the current game content. So I'm happy. :D And that new music track.. ROCKS!

I heard rumours you have to find the right pumpkin in the patch east of the bar and pumpkin pete is hiding there (eg hes a pumpkin version of postie pete)

I found him. He has something to do with Death passing over, but he isn't ready yet.

Check back at 2pm BST on the 29th.

This years event was surprisingly boring, in my opinion. Perhaps it's because I don't like Clan Citadels. But the last few events have been much better than this one. Don't really care for the items either, just destroyed them right away. :P Emote is nice though, I'll give them that.

But overall, pretty disappointing. The only good thing about this update (or what I thought would be a good thing) was the Frost dragon nerf. But it seems like Jagex has screwed us over with that.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Yeppers -- the hoodie has, literally, 101 uses it seems. Over all, it may be a game-changer in terms of the various uses that can be made of its teleporting abilities.

So -- how soon before they nerf it?

101 uses ... 2 per day only.

BALANCED. DON'T TOUCH IT JAGEX.

I only just twigged: First glimpse of new dwarf models on Dardar at the gravestone plot.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

The teleports are nothing too special for RC, they are already available without much effort at GOP. So nothing game changing.

Ah, but you see the catch there is that you have to play GOP.

Also this is only 1 bank slot opposed to many and can also be worn. On your head. And it eats things.

Lol by my post I meant that he actually is there, so it is no rumor. However he doesn't really do anything at the moment other than tell you he will be doing something later. I don't know if it's random then, but I found him as one of the pumpkins on the top end. Not that searching them is a pain even if it is random, though.

2dgucz6.png

This years event was surprisingly boring, in my opinion. Perhaps it's because I don't like Clan Citadels. But the last few events have been much better than this one. Don't really care for the items either, just destroyed them right away. :P Emote is nice though, I'll give them that.

But overall, pretty disappointing. The only good thing about this update (or what I thought would be a good thing) was the Frost dragon nerf. But it seems like Jagex has screwed us over with that.

I also had the same thoughts about this Halloween event. The last 4-5 were awesome (of course, I liked 08 out of bias) with the items and the way the event was done. Honestly, this will be the first time that Halloween isn't my favorite of the 3 main holiday events since 05. It somewhat sucked I forgot to bring Eek along since she is amusing when it comes to comments. :(

It somewhat sucked I forgot to bring Eek along since she is amusing when it comes to comments. :(

She was amusing to have with this year as well. :P

The teleports are nothing too special for RC, they are already available without much effort at GOP. So nothing game changing.

Ah, but you see the catch there is that you have to play GOP.

Also this is only 1 bank slot opposed to many and can also be worn. On your head. And it eats things.

You have to unlock all of the cool abilities for it, best done with a GOP reward (Omni talisman - Two quests and a lot of collection as opposed to winning one round), and it isn't one click. To quote: BALANCED, DON'T TOUCH IT JAGEX. :razz:

To quote: BALANCED, DON'T TOUCH IT JAGEX. :razz:

Which means they'll nerf it before the week is out. :lol:

I usually a big fan of holiday events but this one wasn't the greatest. Although, they made the citadel look pretty cool, especially the octopus thing in the punch bowl, and it was neat running into people like Diango and Father Aereck. The t-shirt and lanyard are nice, but the real reward was the music track and the emote. Good Saradomin, the emote!

Best. Emote. Ever. <3:

What are they going to come up for the Christmas emote, Santa riding up a reindeer-driven sleigh and giving us presents? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...