O.O

Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Ace_of_Bluud.png
Me behave? Seriously? As a child I saw Tarzan almost naked, Cinderella arrived home from a party after midnight, Pinocchio told lies, Aladin was a thief, Batman drove over 200 miles an hour, Snow White lived in a house with seven men, Popeye smoked a pipe and had tattoos, Pac man ran around to digital music while eating pills that enhanced his performance, and Shaggy and Scooby were mystery solving hippies who always had the munchies. The fault is not mine! if you had this childhood and loved it put this in your signature!

• 8 months later...

So I decided to play Conquest again. The only people who still play are rank traders and people who run:

8 scouts

2 champs

Battle Cry/Charge/Chastise/Bombard

Whoever goes first seems to win and I can't think of a good way to counter this setup. What do?

Edit: nvm I'm just dumb. 3 champ+scout is effective counter. Vigilance is key.

Bombard is a really meh ability imo... but I guess it takes care of those shield walled halberdiers, if you have the 200 points to spare.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

The reason why mass scouts is so effective is that you can kill 1 halb with 2 scouts, but the scout user ends up with a 25 point advantage.

3 champ 2 scout is the strongest common setup I've seen (saw it a lot on 3k+ rating players). Sometimes the third champ is replaced with a halb and 5 scouts, or 2 halbs and 2 scouts.

I wish there was a place I could watch some high rating matches; there's so much potential to this game and really one of the only fun minigames in all of RS. I really hate how Jagex doesn't let you get hybrid from it. There could be a really thriving population if that was the case.

Starting to become obsessed with Conquest, might change this to the conquest blog.

When Conquest was first released in RS, I remember reading about a claim that there was another game that was almost identical to it (also had unique pieces with different movement ranges, damage, etc), but also had a few extra mechanics. Anyone know what it was called?

Also keep getting stomped by mass scouts. Can't find a consistent strategy. Going to experiment with varying numbers of footsoldiers, halbs, knights, and also maybe try out winds.

The main problem with scouts is that they run out. Sure, you can burn two scouts on a halberd, but when I have 6 halberds, you can't recruit enough scouts to kill all of them.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Starting to become obsessed with Conquest, might change this to the conquest blog.

When Conquest was first released in RS, I remember reading about a claim that there was another game that was almost identical to it (also had unique pieces with different movement ranges, damage, etc), but also had a few extra mechanics. Anyone know what it was called?

Also keep getting stomped by mass scouts. Can't find a consistent strategy. Going to experiment with varying numbers of footsoldiers, halbs, knights, and also maybe try out winds.

I had to do a lot of research to find this answer...

Checkers.

aah.png

aah.png
aah.png

aah.png

People in glass houses should shower in the basement.

Nice Blog, How many Void Knight points have you got?

161 atm. I've got 2 sets of elite robes and helmets except for mage and 3 deflectors. Once I finish my sets I'll probably just trade in points for prayer xp in blocks of 100 while I wait for Jagex to release offensive armours.

The main problem with scouts is that they run out. Sure, you can burn two scouts on a halberd, but when I have 6 halberds, you can't recruit enough scouts to kill all of them.

Scouts can also kill halbs outright with bombard or BC and tank hits with stoicism. Bombard is actually really strong because you only lose a net of 125 points when killing a halberd and late game you're usually wallowing in extra points anyway.

I had to do a lot of research to find this answer...

Checkers.

Not quite. This game had themed units with different attack ranges and movement abilities, like Conquest. It was a PC game iirc, but I don't remember exactly what it was called. The RS wiki page cites the board game Blood Bowl and Chess, but they're not what I was thinking of.

It's hard to get good games going at conquest with so many boosters and I still haven't found a strategy that's reliable against the high rating peeps. Ultimately I think that if there are perfect players there's always going to be a hard counter strategy to other strategies, it's finding them and the execution that's the problem.

For the time being I'll probably default on easier to use setups like antirush and rush to get used to the game and making game readings more quickly.

Also beat Nomad, got 95 pray, and finished off Fally and Varrock tasks. Only have 3 skill super grinds (fishing, RC, slayer) and Dom tower before I can clean up the rest of the Task sets.

• 2 weeks later...

Mass footsoldiers are just awesome. So long as you have just one or two scouts and then a heavy unit or two, your force is remarkably annoying to kill. It's also mostly immune to bombard attacks and they're worth fewer points anyway. Stoicism and shield wall are just too good on these guys, but I can't decide which one I like better (since I still believe BC+Charge+Chastise is the core of any ability setup). Stoicism is more flexible, but also costs more points. Shield wall is better for dealing with champs and suspected BC rushes.

It's hard to say if this strat will prevail over the incredibly strong 6 scout + 2 Champ + FS + Hally setup. Doesn't seem to be a strat that can reliably beat it yet.

This game is too hard for me and unsuprisingly I've only been able to play against the same customers who just whoop me over and over. I don't think my approach of just spamming different variations of unit setups is working very well since I don't think I'm actually learning from my mistakes. It's one of the reasons why I never got good at chess despite finding the game very interesting. The look ahead, move counting, and meta analysis were just over my head and I didn't find a good way to get past these issues. I never found the will to invest enough time into actually getting good at the game and I'm starting to feel like that's what's happening with Conquest.

Also I'm bad at counting and mess up some of the most obvious piece moves.

I recently completed my 3rd full set of elite void + helmets (dumping about 200 PC points into prayer prior to that to help with my 95 prayer). Gonna give it a rest now. I don't need another set and it's looking like void is going to be made obsolete with the new offensive armour update.