2011 Golden Joystick Awards

lordkafei

New Vegas RPG of the year and LoL winning? HA everything I wanted from the awards. But honestly, I don't know how LoL does it, but I WANT SO MANY CHARACTER SKINS URGHHH

New Vegas surprised me. Granted, I haven't played it, but wasn't it so buggy that it was unplayable? It looks like it was just the most mainstream of the options - The rest of the games look like they just have their specific niches, and those niches don't overlap with GJ voters :razz:

I could be wrong though, as I said, I haven't played NV.

I was told I was one of the lucky ones who didn't experience many bugs... My friend who owns it for the PS3 said it was crashing every hour or so for him before they patched it :P

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New Vegas RPG of the year and LoL winning? HA everything I wanted from the awards. But honestly, I don't know how LoL does it, but I WANT SO MANY CHARACTER SKINS URGHHH

New Vegas surprised me. Granted, I haven't played it, but wasn't it so buggy that it was unplayable? It looks like it was just the most mainstream of the options - The rest of the games look like they just have their specific niches, and those niches don't overlap with GJ voters :razz:

New Vegas is garbaj. I seriously can't play it on my PC. Period. Sure, my specs aren't the greatest, but it crashes for no reason. I can play most recent games just fine, albeit at rather low settings, so New Vegas has no excuse. I play for about 15 minutes, everything seems fine - CRASH! I tried everything, asked everywhere, still no solution.

Besides the enormous crashing issues they didn't really improve a whole lot over Fallout 3. Sure, they changed a good deal of stuff, but it felt more like an expansion pack than an entirely new game. Granted, I didn't get to play much, but it still felt empty like Fallout 3. Empty wasteland does not a good adventure game make. Now Skyrim, I have faith in. If only they waited a month, maybe that could've been voted in.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Besides the enormous crashing issues they didn't really improve a whole lot over Fallout 3. Sure, they changed a good deal of stuff, but it felt more like an expansion pack than an entirely new game. Granted, I didn't get to play much, but it still felt empty like Fallout 3. Empty wasteland does not a good adventure game make. Now Skyrim, I have faith in. If only they waited a month, maybe that could've been voted in.

Fallout 3, Skyrim = Bethesda

Fallout: NV = Obsidian

Obsidian has a reputation for releasing impossibly buggy/incomplete games, just as Bethesda has one for releasing buggy games that plunge impossibly far into uncanny valley :razz:

New Vegas is garbaj. I seriously can't play it on my PC. Period. Sure, my specs aren't the greatest, but it crashes for no reason. I can play most recent games just fine, albeit at rather low settings, so New Vegas has no excuse. I play for about 15 minutes, everything seems fine - CRASH! I tried everything, asked everywhere, still no solution.

I'm investing a lot into Skyrim, I don't plan on getting anything else till Christmas :P

[hide]

99 Strength 99 Fletching 99 Range 99 Hitpoints 99 Attack

99 Dungeoneering <3 99 Magic 99 Smithing 99 Herblore

99 Theving

Slayer Drops: 14 whips, 22 D boots, 27 Granite Mauls, 42 Effigies, 5 Dark Bows.

What would be cool is if Drakan and his minions kill all the sig heroes in the quest except Raptor who is wrecking. You and him team up and cave in some vampyre heads. He becomes a total bro in future quests and in a GM quest he receives a fatal injury and his last dying words to you are "Brofist, mang"

[/hide]

every year that jagex has won they have given out a reward, so why would they randomly stop?

only difference was they didnt tell us what it would be

What was the first year's? I know we had the golden cracker last year, but I don't think they did anything for the first one.

every year that jagex has won they have given out a reward, so why would they randomly stop?

only difference was they didnt tell us what it would be

What was the first year's? I know we had the golden cracker last year, but I don't think they did anything for the first one.

They didn't. The Golden Cracker/Hammer was an appreciation reward to the players after they had won two years in a row.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...