Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Dreams - post/share

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Kirschen

Freud's ideas are entertaining, but most (if not all) are so hard to believe. :lol:

My mom sums him up as a "dirty-minded old man with huge publicity".

Which pretty much summed him up based on half of his theories. He was the reason I enjoyed psychology class. :P

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
He was a total nut, but seriously, he said a lot of good stuff.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
Alright... I had the most scary-ass dream last night that I've had in awhile...

It is set in the future (maybe 10 or 15 years), and I was a den leader for a local Cub Scout den. I was driving down the road and passed this park, and I saw another group of Cub Scouts doing a Pinewood Derby race. As I passed by, I remembered that our den was supposed to be having a similar competition, the rain-gutter regatta, that day and that I was missing it. So I drove really fast and headed over to the house of one of the boys who was in my den to talk to his parents. I arrive at their house (it is pretty old and beat up) to find that the two parents are fighting outside over something. I get out of the car and head up to them, and they instantly stop fighting. I asked whether their son was going to participate in the rain-gutter regatta today, and they said that he didn't want to do it. Then the dad asked me to come inside.

So we get inside, and the house is pretty much complete shit. We go and sit down at a table, and I ask the dad how I could be a better den leader. He goes on about how I seem very distant and don't really like the kids all that much, and he suggests that I do more with the kids. I agree with him and we continue on. The family dog walks over to the table we are sitting at and starts to talk. It was a large brown dog (no idea the breed) and I thought that it was weird that it was talking. It started to ramble on about hats and keys (TF2 invaded my dreams lol), but he wasn't making any sense. The dad told me how the dog was addicted to keys, and that the family was too poor to provide him with keys.

All of a sudden, the dog runs over beside me and viciously attacks my right thigh. He starts snarling things like "Give me a key! Give me a glory." (as in amulet of glory from Runescape) I quickly look around for something to calm him down with, and I spot 3 glory amulets on the table and try shoving them in his mouth. Unfortunately, all 4 of the charges had already been used up so the dog didn't want them, and he continued to tear at my thigh. I started screaming and yelling for the dog to get off and let go. The dad gets up from his chair and kicks the dog in the face. The dog instantly died and fell over dead on the floor. Somehow the kick managed to remove all of the skin (including the ear) from the left side of the dog's face, revealing its toothed jaw. I ran out of the house and returned home.

The next day, I went back to that guy's house, and he had a bunch of stuff laid out on the table for me. He had a bunch of random TF2 hats, metals, and keys he gave me along with an old tv and a small amount of money. He said he wanted to to have it to pay for the medical bills (but I didn't go to the hospital), and that he was going to cancel his cable tv and give me his iPod once he got it back from a repair shop. So I took the stuff and left....

The end.

H2PM
[ Display Name History ]

H2PM

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,819 posts
For the first time last night, I had a dream with in a dream.
If we so shall get all inception about it, I suppose it went down to three levels.

I had a dream about playing Battlefield 3 on my xbox, which then proceeded to burn up and do some crazy things to my television. After that, I woke up and then went over to a friends house where we made some really awesome action movie about a group of elite soldiers blowing up a secret base, or something like that. Then after that, I woke up again and did my usual morning routine, wake up, go to the bathroom, stare out the window checking out the morning sky, etc. Then I woke up for real.

Crazy stuff maaaaan.
"Let your anger be as a monkey in a piñata... hiding amongst the candy... hoping the kids don't break through with the stick." - Master Tang

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
I had another dream about my father... I swear, that man will be the death of my sanity. (I forgot I lost that a long time ago)

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
I am thinking of painting or sketching a scene of the next dream I get. From what I am aware, artists sometimes do it.

Still wondering where I can find out what chains, your own death, and wings can be interpreted as in dreams.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

I am thinking of painting or sketching a scene of the next dream I get. From what I am aware, artists sometimes do it.

Still wondering where I can find out what chains, your own death, and wings can be interpreted as in dreams.

Oh... i know those.

It is different for each person, but...
Wings usually represent freedom, escape, or desire.
Chains can represent a lot of different things. One of the things can be a marriage (I doubt this is your situation), a connected idea or thought, or it could be represent that something holding you back.
Death is a special one. Self death can represent the act of letting go of something. A violent death usually means anger or aggression.

Once again. This may not be accurate at all, but these are some of the most common meanings of these symbols.

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
The chains were interesting. I figured it would be a symbol of restraint, but the connected thought/idea is new. Breaking chains would add to the wing idea.

As for death, it sorta fits since I recently let go of something when it was bothering me for awhile (wasn't any serious addiction or anything). I think I won't get those themes for awhile.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

The chains were interesting. I figured it would be a symbol of restraint, but the connected thought/idea is new. Breaking chains would add to the wing idea.

As for death, it sorta fits since I recently let go of something when it was bothering me for awhile (wasn't any serious addiction or anything). I think I won't get those themes for awhile.

I had a dream the other day that was so full of symbols that it wasn't even funny. Basically the whole dream boiled down to me being afraid of failing college and disappointing my dad... However, the dream was some crazy shit about a kid stealing my toys.

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
It's strange I almost never get dreams related to failure or anything related to perfectionism anxiety despite how common it is, unless you could hospital-themed nightmares the day prior to going to the doctor (as a child-early teen).

Blame my mild trypanophobia/aichmophobia for that.

kamykazee
[ Display Name History ]

kamykazee

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 340 posts

Alright... I had the most scary-ass dream last night that I've had in awhile...

It is set in the future (maybe 10 or 15 years), and I was a den leader for a local Cub Scout den. I was driving down the road and passed this park, and I saw another group of Cub Scouts doing a Pinewood Derby race. As I passed by, I remembered that our den was supposed to be having a similar competition, the rain-gutter regatta, that day and that I was missing it. So I drove really fast and headed over to the house of one of the boys who was in my den to talk to his parents. I arrive at their house (it is pretty old and beat up) to find that the two parents are fighting outside over something. I get out of the car and head up to them, and they instantly stop fighting. I asked whether their son was going to participate in the rain-gutter regatta today, and they said that he didn't want to do it. Then the dad asked me to come inside.

So we get inside, and the house is pretty much complete shit. We go and sit down at a table, and I ask the dad how I could be a better den leader. He goes on about how I seem very distant and don't really like the kids all that much, and he suggests that I do more with the kids. I agree with him and we continue on. The family dog walks over to the table we are sitting at and starts to talk. It was a large brown dog (no idea the breed) and I thought that it was weird that it was talking. It started to ramble on about hats and keys (TF2 invaded my dreams lol), but he wasn't making any sense. The dad told me how the dog was addicted to keys, and that the family was too poor to provide him with keys.

All of a sudden, the dog runs over beside me and viciously attacks my right thigh. He starts snarling things like "Give me a key! Give me a glory." (as in amulet of glory from Runescape) I quickly look around for something to calm him down with, and I spot 3 glory amulets on the table and try shoving them in his mouth. Unfortunately, all 4 of the charges had already been used up so the dog didn't want them, and he continued to tear at my thigh. I started screaming and yelling for the dog to get off and let go. The dad gets up from his chair and kicks the dog in the face. The dog instantly died and fell over dead on the floor. Somehow the kick managed to remove all of the skin (including the ear) from the left side of the dog's face, revealing its toothed jaw. I ran out of the house and returned home.

The next day, I went back to that guy's house, and he had a bunch of stuff laid out on the table for me. He had a bunch of random TF2 hats, metals, and keys he gave me along with an old tv and a small amount of money. He said he wanted to to have it to pay for the medical bills (but I didn't go to the hospital), and that he was going to cancel his cable tv and give me his iPod once he got it back from a repair shop. So I took the stuff and left....

The end.

I hope you won't find it offensive, Vezon, that i found what you said very amusing. I mean, he just kicked the dog and it died, poof, like that! Quite an interesting dream :)

Posted Image

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
Haha, no offense taken.

I had a dream about Duff last night. I don't really remember what it was about except it had Duff, myself, and the cast from NCIS in it.

JeremyM
[ Display Name History ]

JeremyM

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 959 posts
I had a zombie apocalypse dream last night. It was pretty scary. I'm pretty sure I had one a week ago today as well. Maybe its because my mind knows The Walking Dead is on Sundays?

Posted Image

[Admin Edit: Attempting to publicly humiliate a user in your signature is inappropriate]

Quit Runescape... Dec 2001 - Jan 2008 on and off... mostly off.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
I had a dream today that I have already had before, but it was just a slight bit different.

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
Does anyone have repeating dreams that either does it slightly different or exactly the same? I never seem to get those for some reason.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Does anyone have repeating dreams that either does it slightly different or exactly the same? I never seem to get those for some reason.

See my post above lol. But yeah, I get those on the occasion.

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts

Figured there would be other TiFers who would have similar cases. :P

Oh, cannot remember my dreams as effectively now, but had one involving the TARDIS. Wondering if any dreams now will be based off what I last did before sleeping, which is TiF, RS, or watching anime.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts

Figured there would be other TiFers who would have similar cases. :P

Oh, cannot remember my dreams as effectively now, but had one involving the TARDIS. Wondering if any dreams now will be based off what I last did before sleeping, which is TiF, RS, or watching anime.

Some of mine are like that. I've had numerous dreams about Runescape, TF2, school, or even random things that I'm worried/thinking about before I fall asleep. Unfortunately, I can't manipulate what I dream about by thinking of that thing before I fall asleep.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
I had a dream that I spent Christmas day with Rarity at the mall. I found $80 in a package of gum that someone threw on the floor, and we went back to my place for a nice dinner.

This is probably the best/happiest dream that I've had in awhile.

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
Took a nap earlier. It involved a crumbling tower and falling out of it when the floor I stood on collapsed once I reached the ground floor.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users