Dreams - post/share

Vezon Dash

Well, i was a satanist...until i dreamt that i met satan, then he made me fly around my room AGAINST my will. Then he laughed at me. Then i had one where i was possessed, lost control of body. But the best was, when i was traversing the world, looking for a vilian that was super heating earth.-turns out using an elecric blanket+sheets+blanket+comforter in summer=not good idea-

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My turn to dig this up before it gets to old...

I don't think I've talked about this kind of dream much before, since I have only had a small handful of them. These are the dreams where when you wake up, you have trouble sorting out reality and fiction. I had a dream a couple nights ago that has been bugging me, even though I now know that it was a total work of fiction. When I first woke up, I knew that the events had been a dream, but I was not able to tell if the dream had been a re-enactment of an old memory, if it was something totally made up, and I wasn't able to figure it out for a little while until I finished waking up and had a properly functioning conscious mind to work with again. I wonder if I rarely have this problem because my dreams are so rarely even plausible. It's not hard to figure out that the dream where I was flying, or on the mountain that doesn't exist, or defied the laws of physics in some other way probably doesn't have much basis in reality. The other defining characteristic is duration. Memories from the 'real' dreams seem to be very very short. Perhaps a second, maybe two at most, where a real memory for me would be several seconds long.

I'm still baffled at the things I don't notice while dreaming, chief among them being 3rd person or out of body experiences (either I am seeing myself externally, or I am an observer with no body at all), and being other people. With a couple decades of being me, you'd think I'd notice being someone else. Also, I've noticed that while my dreams often struggle with textile simulations during dreams, they totally lack lack scents at all. I don't have a single memory of smelling anything in any dream ever. Another sense that is totally missing is balance, or rather the ability to lose it. Vertigo, dizziness, stumbling, or otherwise losing my balance are entirely absent. And of course time. The concept of time only exists in my dreams if I become lucid.

I've also learned that apparently the part of the brain that handles pain is suppressed in a dream state, so it should be quite rare for anyone to feel pain in dreams. I think I have only ever felt pain in a dream once, and the half a second that lasted was enough to make me very grateful that it is very rare.

I find that in most of my dreams, it is rather realistic, but when I wake up, I remember inconsistencies, such as having a science class outside during the night, with friends that don't go to the school. You just don't seem to notice when you're in the dream. But aside from that, my dreams are mostly rather normal. And I find that a majority of them occur after falling asleep again in the morning.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

• 2 months later...

I have been having a lot of really strange dreams lately. Last night I had a dream that I was supposed to be the guest announcer on The Price Is Right, but I couldn't remember the names of the people I was supposed to announce down to the front of the stage for the bidding. I froze up and ended up leaving the set in tears.

Then the night previous, I had a dream that there was an atomic bomb that was set to blow up at my university (which happened to be a church building which I used to go to), and I had to use a compass and a boat to escape. I got really lost because the compass broke, and I couldn't get away in time. Needless to say, I died.

I had another one some time last week where all of my friends left me, and I was all alone in the middle of nowhere. I don't remember much of it, but it wasn't pleasant.

Funny thing is, half of the dreams that I have had within the past month or so involve my ex-girlfriend. I don't really know what has been going on, but I haven't been sleeping too soundly recently.

I have that problem with dreams about my ex-wife every so often. Sometimes they're nightmares, and sometimes they're very enjoyable ( ;)). Either way, they're always disturbing when I remember them in the morning.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A recent medication change out seems to have transformed my dreams from a series of my greatest fantasies into a series on all the things I am worried about, but not thinking about (so unconscious troubles rather than unconscious joys). They aren't exactly nightmare material, so as fun as they are not, they don't have me apprehensive to sleep or anything, and all things considered, some of the insight I am getting about myself could be quite valuable more so if I could remember more than snapshots.

There was one a couple days ago that really caught my attention because of memory (though I no longer remember anything from the dream, except for a couple feelings). Specifically, either I dreamed a few memories (3 I think) before the actual dream, or my mind manufactured actual memories for use inside of a dream, memories that I lost access to when I woke up. It is the first time I can remember remembering something (and quite vividly too, hence my confusion about whether it was just a memory, or a memory of a previous dream) like that in a dream. Either way, the feeling of familiarity was lost when I woke up, so I know the memory is not something I experienced while awake (many memories are only accessible while the link created between the conscious and unconscious that forms while sleeping is still active, which is why you lose the memory of your dreams as you wake up, though you can train yourself to have better waking dream recall through the use of a journal).

And last night I realized that I have no sense of smell when dreaming. I know that my mind struggles with tactile sense while dreaming (it exists, but only when I actively pay attention to it, and it has quality and quantity issues), but my sense of smell is virtually non existent. I never noticed since last night is the first time I think I have ever tried to smell anything in a dream before (I noticed I had no sense of smell within the dream itself).

• 4 weeks later...

I had this dream last night that I had just acquired a harp seal pup (see my signature) of my very own. They had just come out with a special drug that would keep it looking young and keep it alive forever, but the drug was also used to help cure cancer. (but that wasn't relevant). I had the seal wrapped up in a small bed sheet, and I was taking it on a walk to a farmer's market when a person came up and stole it out of my hands. It took me hours to find the guy, but when I did he was with a group of Mexican men/women (about 8 or so). They had my seal, and they were trying to torture it; however, it felt no pain because of the drug. I was still really pissed off though, so I beat them to death with my fists. I took back my seal pup and went home....

As the semester drags on, my dreams have become even more disturbing than previous. This dream was a good dream for me just because I had a seal, but I still have had a lot of dreams involving me killing people or dying. Oh, and my ex-girlfriend makes cameos in about 1/2 of the dreams I seem to remember. I just want this all to end.

A couple nights ago I had a dream that missed a credit card payment and ended up owing a bit over a million in interest.

It's actually kind of a let down to have a bad dream about something like that. Seem boring in contrast to my normal dreams. It has however prompted me to put a couple things in my calendar, so in that respect it's actually been quite useful.

• 2 weeks later...

I had a dream that involved avatar the last airbender stuff in it. A bunch of people were being taken away by guards from their homes, myself and others included. I feel someone wrap their arms around me from behind and it's my best girlfriend's mom, who tells me that she can't lose me too, and I ask if they took her 3 children, and she says yes. So during the time on the metal ship that they took us, I sneak around and beat up a bunch of guards and try to airbend for some reason I can't. Guards are on to me but it doesn't matter because i'm too smart and strong for them. I ended up taking out enough to stir a riot, and everyone was set free, but I was told that one of my friends on the ship didn't make it. I was a little sad and then I woke up.

sig2-3.jpg

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.