Mazhar

Could you make a lesser guide for those who can't do sub 20s, but want to improve dging?

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

I only see either VERY basic ones or VERY advanced. Never in-between.

azeem1992.png

Really? Cause as I recall it was you who was the one cussing me at base. Also, re-read what you just said: one 15 second delay (which is an exaggeration to begin with) ruins floor times? You are beyond ridiculous.

This guide applies to you regardless of your dungeoneering skill. It's something you need to understand early on if you ever hope to get better.

dgs5.jpg
To put it bluntly, [bleep] off.

This guide applies to you regardless of your dungeoneering skill. It's something you need to understand early on if you ever hope to get better.

Even when I sell myself short it is not correct. :P

Alright, will do.

EDIT: No comment to above.

azeem1992.png

Question to the DGS guys, should we recruits solo gds? Since we don't have plates and a lot of us don't even have third binds.

[spoiler=Quote from Tui's guide]sologd.png

In this example, yellow cursor has reached a gd, while the rest of the team is also at a gd. For a fast floor, the ggs has to be on the biggest path usually, so it is favourable if yellow cursor can solo their gd. It is very beneficial to the floor time for yellow cursor to solo their gd - even if youre going to take a hit prayer wise and food wise it is worth it. Only if the gd is very bad should you require team assistance. If this is the case, then you should only mgt when the team has no gds. The team completes their gd, and you might think, AHA, heres my chance! And mgt to the se corner, but no, since the gd is branching 3 ways, and is a much bigger path, it will very likely lead to another gd. Once the team explores and leads to something other than a gd, or at the end of a gd without many branches, then you should mgt to the se corner. For example, if the gd the team was at was only a gd going n, with the other 2 doors being key doors, then the yellow cursor would want to mgt to the se corner at the end of the gd.

Have you read v2 of my guide, mighty? It's required for dgs'ers :s (v2 was released 2 months ago)

P0lPXdo.png

Question to the DGS guys, should we recruits solo gds? Since we don't have plates and a lot of us don't even have third binds.

[spoiler=Quote from Tui's guide]sologd.png

In this example, yellow cursor has reached a gd, while the rest of the team is also at a gd. For a fast floor, the ggs has to be on the biggest path usually, so it is favourable if yellow cursor can solo their gd. It is very beneficial to the floor time for yellow cursor to solo their gd - even if youre going to take a hit prayer wise and food wise it is worth it. Only if the gd is very bad should you require team assistance. If this is the case, then you should only mgt when the team has no gds. The team completes their gd, and you might think, AHA, heres my chance! And mgt to the se corner, but no, since the gd is branching 3 ways, and is a much bigger path, it will very likely lead to another gd. Once the team explores and leads to something other than a gd, or at the end of a gd without many branches, then you should mgt to the se corner. For example, if the gd the team was at was only a gd going n, with the other 2 doors being key doors, then the yellow cursor would want to mgt to the se corner at the end of the gd.

Have you read v2 of my guide, mighty? It's required for dgs'ers :s (v2 was released 2 months ago)

Okay thanks Tui, sorry I haven't read v2 I'll read it now. Thank you :)

Tui why don't you post your guide here? It's better if it's in multiple places, easier to find :s

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

It's really for dgs'ers and we use xpw. DGS has a bit of a vendetta with TIF aswell.

Stuff like that is really important for all DG'ers to learn though--the information you guys have and the times you're able to achieve are nothing less than astounding. I know it sounds a bit skewed considering I'm also part of TIF's staff, but as a DG'er wanting to improve and learn, I really wish information like yours was more widely available. :/

hzvjpwS.gif

It's really for dgs'ers and we use xpw. DGS has a bit of a vendetta with TIF aswell.

Stuff like that is really important for all DG'ers to learn though--the information you guys have and the times you're able to achieve are nothing less than astounding. I know it sounds a bit skewed considering I'm also part of TIF's staff, but as a DG'er wanting to improve and learn, I really wish information like yours was more widely available. :/

Personally I wouldn't mind publishing guides on tif if we could link to xp-w as an advertisement for dgs. And also that they don't claim complete ownership of my guides or whatever. I don't mind people hosting important information on the main site, but I wouldn't want people randomly taking snippets without my consent.

Though afaik xp-w has no plans to back down from it's stance on ahk (and for example, in my "main" guide I link to the ahk thread for DGSweeper[Caution: Executable File])

I heard the censor on xp-w was removed, but I'm not sure what the stance on the whole issue is now.

Sorry mazz for the off-topic.

P0lPXdo.png

Those are fair concerns, I think.

About the XPW, it's treated the same as any other link now. I think a few people have it advertised in their signatures, and there have been some helpful posters who have linked to equally helpful data on XPW. Posting the link to XPW's AHK thread does get removed though, so I understand that's probably still frustrating. (Mentioning or discussing the Dungeonsweepers app should be fine.) But the upside is that guides are permitted to reference or link-back to xp-waste.com for giving credit where it's due--to you guys--while still helping out the community at large.

As for taking information, the Crew wouldn't rip guides without the consent of the authors. They might use it as a reference in their own research, though that's speculation on my part, but you don't have to worry about theft of your hard work. And if other users rip without contacting you first, the guide will likely be locked--same as everyone else. And when it comes to ownership, honestly...I can't ask anyone to simply 'forget' that kerfuffle. It was a nightmare for everyone involved. But if a user erases their guide, it gets locked like any other blank topic. It gives control in your hands, if that helps, and that will always remain the right of the user.

hzvjpwS.gif

• 5 weeks later...
Posting the link to XPW's AHK thread does get removed though, so I understand that's probably still frustrating.

I removed my AHK functions from the DGSweeper thread on XP-Waste. This was to encourage allowing us to link to it (The DGSweeper). I do, however, intend to add an AHK thread on it's own thread once I fully update the functions to Jagex' "tweakings".

09144a99bb.png

I wish this guide was updated more. :/

azeem1992.png

I wish this guide was updated more. :/

No major changes to the dg meta, therefore no need to update now.

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

screenshot2iw.png

^ Just added the names window. :D. Kind of a legend for your map. ^^.

I hadn't noticed, since I don't visit that thread having already downloaded your DGSweeper. Thanks for the update.

Which version have you got? It's been updated 17 times since the beginning of November. :P. It also auto-updates now.

09144a99bb.png

^ Just added the names window. :D. Kind of a legend for your map. ^^.

Which version have you got? It's been updated 17 times since the beginning of November. :P. It also auto-updates now.

That is awesome. I'm having such a hard time looking at the map and remembering who is what color. >_<

I don't think I've updated it since I've downloaded it a month ago. I'll do it now. :)

hzvjpwS.gif

• 2 months later...

This is a big factor of speeding up floors but another thing is the team itself this wouldn't really be working if for example you have 1 player with 2450+ total and the rest arn't really near him. most of the doors would be suitable to his levels but not for the others which will cause an unnecessary slow down to move the gatestone there for him and the time that it would take for him to respond to a certain call for opening that door. so aside of this guide I would advise putting a team together that matches each others total so everyone has access to all skill doors in order to avoid this.