Jagex Is Not Done Yet With Its Anti-Bot Efforts

NukeMarine

Pretty good info that's better than the usual posts he's been making.

Quick find code: 15-16-447-63307160

RSOF - Bots claiming to return - Pg 40

"Also, Jagex. You're so confident? if you've really solved this problem, which I assure you that you haven't, otherwise why add the ability to "more easily report botters and rule breakers".

Dat confidence?"

The new feature will help easily report the remaining 2% of the screen scraping bots.

We are confident that we have made a serious first step against the majority of the bots out there, but we are not done yet, there will be another big update to the cluster flutterer tomorrow and many many more down the line to remain a few steps ahead of breaking bots permanently, even if we no longer need to - just because we can

We will also be directly tackling the remaining 2% of Bots in due course.

We have a number of significant measures currently in progress against gold farmers which we hope to announce later this week and lastly we are also looking at tackling some of the root causes for botting like grind.

in the meantime, have fun!

I'm off to get some slayer XP

cheers,

Mark

Interesting that the update is occuring the next day, so I'm assuming this is not just fixing the bugs. That's cool, and I can see it being the excuse why some major bot programs won't be updated sooner.

The line about gold farmers has to deal with slave shops and screen scraper bots. Those are harder to detect, especially sweat shops as it's actually a player, so I'm intriqued by how they're going to circumvent them besides manual detection and reporting.

The last bit should bring a shout of joy from many players. The grind is the one thing most hate. I'm hoping it's not something as stupid as "set skill to level while logged off", though there's merit in the idea especially if it's earned in some manner. In fact, it's already done in a different way via penguin points, tears of guthix, lamps, etc.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This reminds me of when parents make a mistake and their first words are "new xbox" it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, then again the game has been stale for the entire of 2011 for me.

smellysockssigbyblfazer.png

This reminds me of when parents make a mistake and their first words are "new xbox" it would be better if it didn't happen in the first place, then again the game has been stale for the entire of 2011 for me.

I wouldn't mind a new Xbox.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

I would -- I've already got kids yelling at the TV in one room. I don't need another ... <_<

nyuseg.png

OP, could you provide a QFC in your post please?

Also, it's good to know that Jagex isn't done with bots yet. RS is so empty and it's great, I feel like I am finally able to trust them with what they say they will do.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

I would -- I've already got kids yelling at the TV in one room. I don't need another ... <_<

That's why my kids have their TV/play room in the basement. :^_^:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

there will be another big update to the cluster flutterer tomorrow and many many more down the line to remain a few steps ahead of breaking bots permanently, even if we no longer need to - just because we can

I... I think I'm in love with Jagex.

TIF-SIG-PREVAIL.jpg

IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat

Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

That's why my kids have their TV/play room in the basement. :^_^:

Mine do too -- but twin 16 year olds tend to be very loud at the best of times ... :rolleyes:

nyuseg.png

*Perks up at fixing grind*

Fixing grind will draw in new players and those who are still grinding. It'll piss off older players who did have to somehow kill 392348234 chickens like Cyrisus. Unless they put in some sort of achievement for older players who grinded before the EXP got fixed - but then, you'll have to deal with a permanent divide in the player base that cannot possibly be well in any way, shape, or form.

Guest jrhairychest

Fixing grind will draw in new players and those who are still grinding. It'll piss off older players who did have to somehow kill 392348234 chickens like Cyrisus. Unless they put in some sort of achievement for older players who grinded before the EXP got fixed - but then, you'll have to deal with a permanent divide in the player base that cannot possibly be well in any way, shape, or form.

Actually you'll all be united. Any achievements will be devalued. May as well give things away just like cooking capes. The same whingers who moan about grinding will then be moaning that their achievements are worth zilch because everyone will have them. But then again I have to accept that the quality of players aren't what they used to be.

You know what would be great? If there was a big update that reduced grinding. Faster xp and more enjoyable training methods, BUT your highscores before the update would be "saved" so you can always see your achievements before this big change. Additionally, any skillcapes you had prior would be "extra trimmed" or something to show you got them the hard way. This way people won't whine about it devaluing their achievements as much.

Of course, I don't think Jagex is going to make any huge changes with the rate of xp gained, maybe just add somewhat faster training methods and more D&Ds, minigames and others that make grinding less painful. Though I would really like some big changes to skill training, combat and the grinding nature of the game in general.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Actually you'll all be united. Any achievements will be devalued. May as well give things away just like cooking capes. The same whingers who moan about grinding will then be moaning that their achievements are worth zilch because everyone will have them. But then again I have to accept that the quality of players aren't what they used to be.

What if -- and it's a big "IF" -- Jagex went the way of Maple Story, and simplified the "grind"?

:unsure:

nyuseg.png

Th grind is part of what makes RS RS. If you want metagame/end game play Rift/WoW or another MMO. RS is based around the grind, its a fact of life.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

I imagine that they would include more options to train skills that keep about the same xp/hr, but have more variety so you aren't necessarily grinding. That would be nice.

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

I'm quite enjoying the peacefulness without the bots. I'm currently playing the F2P version of the game and it's refreshing knowing that the people I'm fishing next to are actually people that will respond to me.

Like others have said, The grind of rs is what makes it RS and not like any other mmo on the market. I hope that they keep it the way it is and not mess it up too much.

pikatips001.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips002.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips003.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips004.pngjjjon123.png

pikatips005.png1,000 F2P Total Level Reached 10/8/10 !

[hide=Guides]Magic & Summoning Profit Spreadsheets! *UPDATES EVERY HOUR* (includes: High alch, Superheat, and Enchanting)

4 BETTER alternatives to flesh crawlers[/hide]

WOT WOT!

☉.☉☂

That was posted yesterday, so the update just now might be what they were talking about. I wonder what they changed.

Either way I don't think bots are gone for good, at best for a few weeks. Better just enjoy the empty training spots while it lasts.

2480+ total

Guest jrhairychest

What if -- and it's a big "IF" -- Jagex went the way of Maple Story, and simplified the "grind"?

:unsure:

Is it already complicated that it needs simplifying?

Th grind is part of what makes RS RS. If you want metagame/end game play Rift/WoW or another MMO. RS is based around the grind, its a fact of life.

I agree. Anyone who doesn't like the grind can choose another game because its clear RS is the wrong game for them. Personally, I find the 'grind' fun. I choose the methods that suit me, even if they're longer, to do what I want to do.