Loyalty Points Glitch - Nov 21

Grimy_Bunyip

edit: this just in

nm7Hr.png

Hey guys.

Apparently the glitch happened again.

And AFAIK nothing happened to the people that abused it last time.

And on top of that, there was another glitch that may or may not have been related to this one.

Where players could get multiple of the same aura.

These auras would not stack in your bank, and they would share separate timers.

IE 2 jack of trade lamps every 24 hours for example.

Still haven't seen anybody claim to have more than 2 of the same aura though.

Maybe this specific bug is capped at 2 of the same aura.

But, I wouldn't know personally.

This might just be a hoax, but it's been cited by more people than I'd usually accredit to being a hoax.

For a brief timeframe of a few hours, players were able to buy any loyalty reward they wanted (that they had enough tokens for)

But when they bought them, they would get an error message, no tokens would be spent, but they would get the reward.

IE all loyalty rewards valued below your total loyalty point count for free.

It was seemingly patched around midnight EST on October 27th.

No comment on it thus far from the Jmods though.

[spoiler=See the following: for reference:]

25-26-809-63314799

25-26-978-63315157

There's also a thread on the HLF citing the event as well, but I won't post that here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CVpECgdpzA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxyUuF5p8Bk

Naaxi.png

Well, I'm definitely mad <_<

Frankly, though, not many of the tier 1 auras are worth having (except a few which they've probably already bought by now), but all those emotes and costumes and recolours ... eugh.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

Yeah, a ban would be too much, i would say get rid of all the loyalty rewards they bought and then dock a few thousand loyalty points as well or something.

Or for a real bad move, subtract all the points they did really spend so they have negative loyalty points :ohnoes:

99 Fletching 99 Attack 99 Constitution 99 Cooking 99 Strength

Gamertag: H8tebringer

h8tebringer-siggy-bloodskull-1.jpg

This is a stupid glitch to ruin your account over.

Actually, any glitch is a stupid glitch to ruin your account over.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Why would a ban be to harsh? They abused a bug and they knew it, that should scare people trying to abuse that kind of bugs. They do it because they think they can get away with it.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Harsh or not, banning has long been the punishment for bug abuse but it's unlikely they'll do that this time. I suspect they'll simply remove those loyalty rewards from the people who abused it.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

meh i dont really care, its only emotes and costumes you will never use, as for the aura's they are useless anyway. a ban would be far too harsh

Jack of all Trades is useless? That's like an extra set of Penguin Points a week if you use it daily. The sure footed aura with it's infinite energy and 20 minute zero fail has some benefits too. Not sure about the rest though.

About the bug, you'd think people would learn after the Penguin Point exploit that caused lots of bans (no rollbacks were possible at that time IIRC) not to exploit bugs that give far too great in game advantage.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

About the bug, you'd think people would learn after the Penguin Point exploit that caused lots of bans (no rollbacks were possible at that time IIRC) not to exploit bugs that give far too great in game advantage.

Except for the cases involving clans. :P

Not the worst glitch if it's real but unsure how Jagex will respond since their track record is not exactly consistent.

65495229.png

With love to one, friendship to many, and good will to all.

I'm sure they could just remove all the loyalty rewards gained erroniously. Or, as punishment, remove all of their loyalty rewards. But I really don't think this constitutes a permanent ban, maybe a temp one at most.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

IMO they should perm ban those that tried to get ALL the rewards, at that point they were fully aware that they were bug abusing. People that used it to get 2-3 extra items, but then stopped and realized something wasn't right with the points shouldn't be banned.

2480+ total

IMO they should perm ban those that tried to get ALL the rewards, at that point they were fully aware that they were bug abusing. People that used it to get 2-3 extra items, but then stopped and realized something wasn't right with the points shouldn't be banned.

Agreed. If you just buy 1 or 2 things, you should be fine. People went and bought everything they could.

Except for the cases involving clans. :P

That was just a clever use of combat mechanics, not a bug.

lalalasig2.png

I think minimum should be to get rid of all of the items gotten for free..

Anyone who was super deliberate should be banned (or at least "rolled back" on loyalty points)

Serena_Sedai.png
Maxed since Sunday, January 9th, 2014
Completionist since Wednesday, June 4th, 2014

I got that error yesterday when I bought JoT. Logged on just now to check if I had accidentally glitched without knowing it (I didn't pay attention to # of points). I had 2 of the JoT aura for some reason, but the points had been spent like normal.

i would of taken all the auras if i was getting them free. im pretty sure like 99% of people would.

I wouldn't have. I would have left it and reported it to Jagex like a responsible person. I am the 1%.

IIRC you also have a silver crown to worry about :P

Goals for 2012:

• Quest Cape
  • MAX

Why would a ban be to harsh? They abused a bug and they knew it, that should scare people trying to abuse that kind of bugs. They do it because they think they can get away with it.

I agree with this, but I also don't think its worth losing members over either. I'd ban them for a few weeks at least, and remove their loyalty rewards. All of them.