Best Aura

L2Pullout

I know this topic has been asked a thousand times, but I can't find any information on it.. I've searched everywhere

Tomorrow I'll have enough for a 23,000 point aura. These are the things i do most in rs

1. Kill glacors

2. TDS

3. Corp

4. Nex (never been, but eventually)

I was really thinking equilibrium would really shine at nex above all since its a guaranteed hit every time. If you have a team of like 6 people that's a lot of guaranteed hits. However, at glacors its probably worst then having nothing since accuracy is probably already really high and would be bringing the max hit down quite a bit.

The other two i was looking at is vampyrism and penance, do these offer big enough bonuses to take them over equilibrium?

Also equilibrium lasts for 2 hours and vampryism and penance last for 1.

Thanks.

L2pullout.png

From what I know, you're looking at Equilibrium for mauling Nex (dps wise) but it's not known how it interacts with ruby bolts, so hold on to your points if you're interested in that.

Vampirism and Penance both sound like very useful auras and it depends how you heal which one you should take. At dagganoth kings/glacors/tds with uni, you'll want more prayer, at Nex/steel titan tds the 5% healing might do the trick.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

... since its a guaranteed hit every time.

This is an incorrect statement, Equilibrium does not affect the rate at which you successfully hit (which is determined by your attack level), it only affects possible damage range on successful hits.

... since its a guaranteed hit every time.

This is an incorrect statement, Equilibrium does not affect the rate at which you successfully hit (which is determined by your attack level), it only affects possible damage range on successful hits.

Oh that just made it a lot less enticing I was under the impression that every hit was gurenteed to be 25% of the max. If the max on nex is 500 25% of that is 125 which doesn't seem like too much. Unless its taking into account the ruby max uncapped then capping it but giving us the 25% of what would be uncapped. Which must be what Q is talking about, but hasn't yet been tested.

L2pullout.png

Penance would be fairly useless on everything in there other than nex. In which case it'd save you 1 prayer potion dose for every ~10 saradomin brew doses.

Which still isn't spectacular. Unless you have nex gear, then it'd be a bit better since you're getting more out of each saradomin brew.

vampyrism would net on the order of 600-800 life points per nex kill. Which is worth a single potion.

But you wouldn't have to deal with the stat reducing effects of saradomin brews as often.

Reverence might actually save you more potion slots.

None of these auras really boost your kill speed outside of nex.

All you're doing is saving yourself about, ~2 prayer potions per hour.

I don't think an aura is even worth withdrawing to save 2 prayer potions in an hour.

I say save your money.

As of right now, jack of all trades might be the only useful aura.

Oh and maybe lesser surefooted aura for run energy restoration.

Naaxi.png

Dang I thought jagex really gave us some decent stuff with this one..

Grimy you didn't mention equil which I assume your waiting to test out?

equilibrium's essentially useless on anything but nex, as has already been discussed in this thread.

Naaxi.png

Well seeing as everything but wisdom is purchasable now...

Does anyone know if Equilibrium effects korasi's sword special? I think it will be pretty amazing having a guaranteed 300-530 special.

Vamprisim vs Penance for bossing?

Do these significantly reduce the need for food/pots anywhere?

Greater sharpshooter increases accuracy by 5%... Does that mean your 50% accuracy is now 55% or 52.5%?

Would inspiritation increase your kills per hour significantly anywhere?

Does greater posion purge work on K'ril?

CNqWHdA.jpg