Altar-less Runecrafting Training

Grimy_Bunyip

I call BS that they can't split magic into combat (wizardry) and non-combat skills (mage). First, you offer the choice to existing players how they want to divide their current XP (ratios of 10:0; 9:1; all down to 1:9; 0:10). If players pick 5:5 they drop only 7 levels in both skills. Hell, you don't even need to change the spell books as there's combat and non-combat spell sorting anyway. It's not rocket science or even a new skill. There's no reason they can't do this and it's really way past time that they do it.

Great call on life boosting armor. Works much better than damage soaking. Level 50 armor can be +100, level 60 can be +200 and level 70 can be +300 with the ratios per piece being the same as existing level 80 armor. I still like the damage soaking idea though and hope they implement negative bonuses to hamper hybriding..

As for F2P updates, every f2p update is usually a p2p update. The only exception is when they migrate a p2p aspect over to f2p. To be honest, things like low level potions, bone crusher, canoes and maybe even thieving or agility are good candidates to migrate.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I call BS that they can't split magic into combat (wizardry) and non-combat skills (mage). First, you offer the choice to existing players how they want to divide their current XP (ratios of 10:0; 9:1; all down to 1:9; 0:10). If players pick 5:5 they drop only 7 levels in both skills. Hell, you don't even need to change the spell books as there's combat and non-combat spell sorting anyway. It's not rocket science or even a new skill. There's no reason they can't do this and it's really way past time that they do it.

Great call on life boosting armor. Works much better than damage soaking. Level 50 armor can be +100, level 60 can be +200 and level 70 can be +300 with the ratios per piece being the same as existing level 80 armor. I still like the damage soaking idea though and hope they implement negative bonuses to hamper hybriding..

As for F2P updates, every f2p update is usually a p2p update. The only exception is when they migrate a p2p aspect over to f2p. To be honest, things like low level potions, bone crusher, canoes and maybe even thieving or agility are good candidates to migrate.

I would have absolutely no problem with them making two separate versions of magic and having to get a few more levels.

The fact is, they don't feel it's fair to split Magic up into two skills for the same reason they won't add another skill to mage/range. If they split up Magic, I spells no matter what way you spin it - one of the reasons I trained Magic was for spell-swap and Ice Barrage. If it's split up, I lose one of them. Imo it's too late to change.

As for hybriding, if they manage the negative boosts well, negative damage soaking isn't needed. At any rate, they'd need to redo damage soaking anyways because the 200lp or higher thing simply doesn't work well.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Would much rather see Attack/Strength combined into 'Melee' rather than Magic split...

But thank you Grimy. That was all actually pretty interesting.

I just hope they go more in-depth than, well, most of the half-ass fixes he actually addressed! Surgeboxes, damage soaking, Torva... Lol.

2dgucz6.png

Would much rather see Attack/Strength combined into 'Melee' rather than Magic split...

I just hope they go more in-depth than, well, most of the half-ass fixes he actually addressed! Surgeboxes, damage soaking, Torva... Lol.

That's actually a more interesting idea. Plus, I fail to see the advantage of Magic split into combat vs non-combat, except for the occasional skiller or pure. Combining att/str would be interesting since Mage/Range only have one skill anyways. Can't see it happening without a huge backlash tho, so probably not.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

That's actually a more interesting idea. Plus, I fail to see the advantage of Magic split into combat vs non-combat, except for the occasional skiller or pure. Combining att/str would be interesting since Mage/Range only have one skill anyways. Can't see it happening without a huge backlash tho, so probably not.

It could allow for more spells without adding spellbooks. And possibly remove the idea of spellbooks. Majority of lunar spells* + ~half of the normal spells go to skilling magic, and all* ancient + ~half of the normal spellbook would go to combat magic. The question would be where do teleport spells fit in.

*Not including teleport spells

I'm very upset to hear about the victory of the RC'ing minigame...since it essentially is what they would have done sooner or later. The other 4 updates were very much off-the-update-schedule sort of thing and far more promising. It feels like they sort of took a slightly easier way out. Maybe they're trying to make up for development time lost on the clusterfutter project? Admittedly I pulled that explanation out of my ass--I have no idea, but either way I'm slightly miffed. No doubt the content will still be great, just...ugh haha.

hzvjpwS.gif

Let me just tell you guys that I found Mod Slayer and showed her the "Mod Slayer is cute" posts. She found it amusing. Perhaps we even might be able to get her to register an acct here :)

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

Let me just tell you guys that I found Mod Slayer and showed her the "Mod Slayer is cute" posts. She found it amusing. Perhaps we even might be able to get her to register an acct here :)

cool.gif That would be sweet.

I think that it's a wise move to try to tackle the grindfest that is Runecrafting. It's extremely interesting from a lore standpoint, so how it's actually trained doesn't seem to do the skill justice. Hauling essence back and forth isn't "magical science", it's manual labour, pure and simple.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Of course she will. All the cute girls come to TIF. <3:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

[hide]MY TIP.IT BRINGS ALL THE GIRLS TO THE YARD

AND THEY'RE LIKE,

"HEY WANNA LARP?"

AND WE'RE LIKE

"YEAH LETS LARP--I'LL UPSTAGE YOU, I'VE GOT TEEMUPPET'S SCARF."[/hide]

But really, we're a lodestone for feminine grace.

hzvjpwS.gif

Building your own Greehouse would have been much better than puzzle based RC'ing.

I quite agree with this. I'd like a Player Owned Laboratory attached as well to keep my herblore supplies and finally mix overloads without banking so much!

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

[hide]MY TIP.IT BRINGS ALL THE GIRLS TO THE YARD

AND THEY'RE LIKE,

"HEY WANNA LARP?"

AND WE'RE LIKE

"YEAH LETS LARP--I'LL UPSTAGE YOU, I'VE GOT TEEMUPPET'S SCARF."[/hide]

But really, we're a lodestone for feminine grace.

I actually laughed out loud at this. Now both my girlfriend and my dog are looking at me like I'm crazy. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...