01- Nov-2011 - Dominion Tower

Saradomin_Mage

The Dominion Tower allows accomplished combatants the chance to revisit some of the best boss fights in RuneScape in an awe-inspiring new environment, with challenging handicaps, all-new scenarios and some great rewards:

- Climber mode allows you to ascend through the levels of the tower, facing a randomly chosen boss scenario on each floor. After each victory, an effect will be applied and will persist through all subsequent fights in that attempt. While a few of these will be beneficial, most of them will be handicaps. You’ll be able to replenish food and change equipment between fights, so how high will hubris take you?

- Endurance mode restricts your access to the bank after each fight, so whatever you take in needs to last. This mode is a true test of tenacity.

- Special mode presents a range of challenging, treacherous and, often, weird encounters with which to test your skill and ingenuity. Fancy fighting Count Draynor, Elvarg, and their miscreant buddies with nothing but your fists and a bunch of explosives? How about 15 Evil Chickens? Think you can beat down Nomad twice in a row? We’d love to see you try!

- Freestyle mode lets you fight on your own terms. There are no rewards for using this mode, but it’s a great way to cut your teeth for the big leagues, or just show off fighting a boss under your own crazily difficult rules.

- Spectator mode allows you to view the fights of another player whom you’ve tagged with your dominion talisman. Cheer on your friends, celebrate their victories and wince sympathetically as they’re pummelled into the ground.

Rewards include: weapons and explosives to be used in the tower; a dominion marker to show off your accomplishments and to give you a boost when fighting other bosses; combat XP; a fierce dreadnip companion, and all-new melee, ranged and magic gloves to be used outside the tower. These degradable gloves are some of the most powerful you can get your hands on (or in) and look brilliant.

Most of all, have fun...and fight to win!

Mod Tim

How to start Dominion Tower:

From Shantay Pass, cross the northernmost bridge to the east bank of the River Elid. The entrance is just to the north. Once you’ve travelled there, speak to the face of the tower for a medallion that’ll teleport you back.

Requirements:

- Level 110 Combat

- At least 20 of the following quests. The more of these you have completed, the more bosses will be available to fight in the tower:

A Void Dance

Between a Rock...

Blood Runs Deep

The Chosen Commander

Contact!

The Curse of Arrav

Demon Slayer

Desert Treasure

Dealing with Scabaras

Dragon Slayer

Dream Mentor

The Family Crest

Fight Arena

The Fremennik Trials

Haunted Mine

The Holy Grail

Horror from the Deep

Legends' Quest

Lost City

Love Story

Missing My Mummy

Monkey Madness

Mountain Daughter

My Arm's Big Adventure

Nomad's Requiem

Recipe For Disaster

Shadow of the Storm

Spirits of the Elid

The Great Brain Robbery

The Temple at Senntisten

Toktz-Ket-Dill

Troll Romance

Troll Romance

Troll Stronghold

Vampyre Slayer

The Void Stares Back

Wanted!

While Guthix Sleeps

In Other News...

- There’s still a week left to obtain your Halloween items if you’ve yet to attend Deathcon II!

- Clan Citadel battlefields now have new rune and arrow spawn points.

- A huge thanks for all of your feedback on Dominion Tower at Runefest! There were some great suggestions, and we'll be working to implement the best of these over the coming weeks and months. Be sure to look out for the new, competition-winning boss too!

[spoiler=Patch notes]

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical:

Saxon headgear no longer stretches on female characters.

Skills & Minigames:

The message given in the Circus relating to not being given XP for certain moves has been altered to make it clearer why a player isn't receiving XP.

A spelling error when receiving the trickster hood has been corrected.

Other:

The blessed god books now all mention the god that they represent.

The scroll of rigour Dungeoneering reward now has consistent capitalisation.

Neite's name is now spelt correctly in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.

The veteran emote "V" no longer disappears when casting High Alchemy.

The completionist cape now uses correct grammar when a player only has 1 music track left to unlock.

Using a sacred clay knife on blisterwood logs no longer gives a "Nothing interesting happens" message.

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yays :D

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Patch notes:

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature ('Submit a Bug Report' under the 'Help' drop-down menu of the website).

Graphical:

• Saxon headgear no longer stretches on female characters.

Skills & Minigames:

• The message given in the Circus relating to not being given XP for certain moves has been altered to make it clearer why a player isn't receiving XP.
  • A spelling error when receiving the trickster hood has been corrected.

Other:

• The blessed god books now all mention the god that they represent.
  • The scroll of rigour Dungeoneering reward now has consistent capitalisation.
  • Neite's name is now spelt correctly in Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
  • The veteran emote "V" no longer disappears when casting High Alchemy.
  • The completionist cape now uses correct grammar when a player only has 1 music track left to unlock.
  • Using a sacred clay knife on blisterwood logs no longer gives a "Nothing interesting happens" message.

[qfc]15-16-386-63333348[/qfc]

Edited by Kaida23

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Sweet, but degradable gloves? We already have those...

Anyway, quite heavy requirements. Let's go kill some weaksauce bosses.

count_civie.png

Level 99's

[hide]Mining level 99 achieved November 2010

Smithing level 99 achieved February 2011

Fishing level 99 achieved April 2011

Cooking level 99 achieved May 2011[/hide]

Goals

[hide]count_civie.png

count_civie.png[/hide]

Drops:

Miscellanious: 1x Draconic Visage , 5x Focus Sight, 3x Abbysal Whip

Offering Effigy Assistance in Herblore, Crafting. Contact me ingame by pm.

11.jpg

I can't get into the game and the main page says 0 people online... That was some good Beta testing at Runefest it seems!

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Awesome, this should be fun reliving things.

Although, I am more interested in their BTS now than the tower, but will drop by later today. :P

THIS.

Tower doesn't seem as exciting from the news post as I was expecting, but time and a few play throughs will tell though.

Wonder how hard / easy to obtain these new 'best in slot' gloves will be, or how long they take to degrade rather once I get them. :shades:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Spectator spots as well. YES! I'd love to see some evil chicken domination.

That would be hilarious! Somebody please get a video of this (if it exists, of course :P ).

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Months? Time to play Minecraft.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

Once I get online, I think I'll fight some of the older bosses to see how large the gap was in difference compared to the time I fought them as level 82-100 range pre-summoning. :P

Cannot wait to swing my dragon talons around!

and we'r back online apparently

at least my screen's loading atm

sebas379.png

[hide]

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing;

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews;

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores;

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

[/hide]

Back up :)

Looks good, excited to see how i do against them now i'm max level with some pretty nice gear to my name.

Love the fact it's a safe mini game :)

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

K I lied...but didnt...

This page makes the update look like hella boring...

http://services.runescape.com/m=news/dominion-tower

BUT THIS ONE...

this one however makes it look pretty epic!

http://www.runescape.com/kbase/guid/dominion_tower

Glad to see the 3 monkies from that 1 quest as class a, I been thinking forever if they put all 3 of them on you at once that would be [bleep]ing difficult! :thumbsup:

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]