01 Nov, 2011 - Behind the Scenes - November

BloodAngel

"Will the player character be voiced?

No. We discussed it and there were arguments on either side, but in the end we decided to leave your character's voice up to your imagination. "

Source: Mod John A on the RSOF. QFC: 198-199-28-63311083

I think this is a fair excuse on top of the fact that it would take quite a large amount of work to work in the same actors for all future quests.

Games like DA and ME don't have voiced main characters and to be honest it makes sense. There's so much variability to how people want to perceive their own character and forcing a voice onto them would a little off-putting for some.

I doubt characters will be voiced cause of reason said above but I wouldn't object to jagex hiring like 4 or 5 in house voice actors in house to give all npcs voices over time. Plus it'd be a good incentive for them to not leave quests chains for YEARS on end without update as they'd want to get them done just in case an actor might quit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't the character voiced in one of the versions of the tutorial once? I'm glad they're not making players voiced; I think that should be left to the player's imagination. Also, the voice acting Jmods could leave jagex, which could pose a problem if they want to continue this several years in the future.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png