02-Nov-2011 - Log-in and Frame-rate Issues

Sir_Squab

Were aware that some of you have been experiencing ongoing difficulty accessing the game, and that some of you in-game have noticed a reduced frame rate. Our first priority is to fix these problems as soon as we can.

Later today, well be implementing a temporary measure that will allow users experiencing log-in problems to access RuneScape, while we work on implementing a long-term solution.

Meanwhile, were engaged in rigorous optimisation testing across all graphics modes to resolve the frame-rate problem. This is vital if we are to get to the root of the issue and ensure a permanent, all-encompassing fix for all users. Well put this in place as soon as we possibly can.

We apologise for any disruption that these technical issues may be causing you. Please have patience and rest assured that resolving these issues quickly is of foremost importance to us.

Please ask any questions you may have on our technical forums.

The RuneScape Team

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

They've also released a list of potential fixes on the RSOF: [qfc]25-26-423-63319466[/qfc]

[spoiler=Long post, includes mininmum system requirements and a list of unsupported operating systems]Hi all,

For those of you still experiencing issues since the update earlier this week, thanks for your patience - we're working flat out to try and solve the problems you're currently experiencing. We're also pushing out another update today which will hopefully fix a lot of these. In the meantime, to help solve your problems, please find below a consolidated list of links to potential solutions:

Please note that the minimum requirements and unsupported operating systems are:

Minimum requirements:

RuneScape:

512MB RAM

1GHz CPU

Sun Java 1.6.10

RuneScape HD:

512MB RAM

1.5GHz CPU

64MB 3D Graphics Card (ie. Nvidia GeForce4 or above)

Directx 9.0c

Input:

Keyboard, Mouse

Plug-ins:

Java Runtime Environment

Unsupported operating systems:

Microsoft Windows 95,

Microsoft Windows 98

Microsoft Windows ME

Mac OSX 10.4

Mac OSX 10.5 32bit (64 bit version will work with the downloadable client)

Can only get into lobby

Update Java:

How to update Java -

Vista/Windows 7:

1. Go to Start > Computer > Uninstall or change a program

2. Uninstall all versions of Java

3. Remove any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.

4. Visit the Java website at http://www.java.com

5. Click Free Java Download button

6. Install the update

7. Once installed, restart your computer

Windows XP:

1. Go to Start > Control panel > Add/Remove programs

2. Uninstall all versions of Java

3. Remove any item with the Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.

4. Visit the Java website at http://www.java.com

5. Click Free Java Download button

6. Install the update

7. Once installed, restart your computer

Mac:

See the fixes in this forum post: 25-26-886-61969949

Please try using the game client (remove client first if you already have it)

1. Visit http://www.RuneScape.com

2. Hover your mouse pointer over 'Community'

3. Select 'Downloads and Wallpapers' from the drop down menu

4. Download the RuneScape Client from this new page, ensuring you select the correct download for your appropriate operating system.

Clear Cache:

Windows:

1. Go to Start > Computer > Local Disk ( C: ) or your primary hard drive.

2. Locate the folder named “.jagex_cache_32†and/or “.jagex_cache_33â€.

3. Delete these folders.

4. Restart your Internet Browser (e.g. Internet explorer, Firefox, Chrome, etc).

5. Load Runescape and continue playing.

Mac:

1. Choose Users>your user name>Library>Caches.

2. From the Menu bar, choose Edit>Select All.

3. Drag all of the items to the Trash.

4. From the Macintosh HD, choose Library>Caches.

5. Choose Edit>Select All, and drag the items to the Trash. You’ll be required to type in an administrator’s pass.

6. Restart your Mac.

Then, use spotlight to locate the folder .jagex_cache_32 on your computer and delete it.

Update Direct

To check if you use DirectX display mode, simply visit the in-game options. From here click 'Custom' and your display mode will be highlighted.

If you don't know which version of DirectX you're computer is currently using, you can check via dxdiag:

1. Click Start

2. Depending on your version of Windows, you will either need to click "Run" or simply enter the following line in the search field

3. Type dxdiag, and press enter

4. A new window will open, and under the 'System' tab you will be able to check your DirectX Version

If you need to update DirectX, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=3b170b25-abab-4bc3-ae91-50ceb6d8fa8d

The new graphical update is only available using DirectX as a display mode, but we hope to make this update available to other display modes soon.

Finally you can try to Use another internet browser -

There is a vast selection of internet browsers to choose from, you don't always have to use the same one!

Some popular browsers you could choose from are:

Internet Explorer

Mozilla Firefox

Google Chrome

Opera

Download the latest versions using the links above and try using one of them to play RuneScape.

Login stalls at loading screen

If this screen is show for more than 30 seconds, please refresh the page:

Frame rate / Lag issues

please follow all steps above, if you are still having problems try

Update your version of windows:

1. Click on Start

2. Select All Programs

3. Choose Update Windows

4. Install all available Windows Updates

5. Restart your PC

Updating Mac - System updates:

if you are still having problems after the two above then please try:

Change the display mode:

1. From the Login screen, or in-game click on the 'Tools' icon (picture of a spanner)

2. Click 'Custom'

3. Under 'Display' choose from either Software, DirectX or OpenGL

Reducing your graphical detail:

From the title screen, press the Graphics Options button (displayed as a spanner), and try reducing the graphical detail. To find your optimal settings:

1. From the 'Graphics Options' select 'Custom',

2. Choose Software mode.

3. In the 'Advanced' menu, ensure all graphical options are at their lowest,

4. Load RuneScape and try playing

5. If the game is running smoothly, reopen the graphics options and try improving some of the 'Advanced' detail

6. Continue this process until you notice any stuttering. If you do, return to the options and restore the last changed setting back to what it was.

Mac users mouse issue

If you still have major problems logging in, please go through the following steps:

Order of solutions

1. Clear cache - above.

2. Restart PC

3. Update Java - above.

4. Update Direct X - above.

5. Try another browser - above

6. Change graphic settings - above

7. Try downloading client (remove client first if you already have it) - above

If you *still* have problems, please submit a Technical Ticket. By sending a ticket we can give you much more specific advice to your individual problem.

and this on page 194 of that same thread:

Hey all,

Just wanted to drop you an update on what has been happening and what we're still working extremely hard on.

Logging in past lobby

As I'm sure most of you will be aware we deployed a temporary fix last night at around 10pm GMT time. This does appear to have resolved this particular issue for many players but we're going to continue looking for a more permanent fix.

Loading Delays

We introduced another update that focused on optimising the engine to reduce the loading times that seem to have increased. This seems to have gone successfully but something we're still looking to improve.

Lag/Frame Rates

We've seen a decrease in frame rates whilst in game which is causing unnecessary lag for many players. This is a huge priority to us and, again, our Engine team will be working late to produce fixes to try and rectify this.

Interface Delays

Another bug that you guys have brought to our attention. This is something else that is specifically being focused on. It is also being incorporated into further reduction in loading times, but something we would like to bring back to normal asap.

Membership

Our Billing team are happy to recredit membership time that was unable to be used properly due to these technical difficulties. Click here to view the thread

We really appreciate your patience in all these matters. We hope you will have noticed the numerous updates we've been doing over the past couple of days, and we'll continue doing so until we have the game back to the way we all love it.

btw - the link to the thread about getting credits for membership time people weren't able to play doesn't work.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

btw - the link to the thread about getting credits for membership time people weren't able to play doesn't work.

Couldn't help but snicker when you said that. Even still, the fact that they are willing to refund even a small portion of time people weren't able to play is a huge change from the past. I'm impressed to see it, honestly.

hzvjpwS.gif

I've been getting terrible loading times. And I know it's not the game putting too much strain on my computer because it takes the same amount of time to load on low as it does on max.

Same here. I tried putting my setting on absolute shit level and I still get crappy loading times and FPS ranging in the 10-15 area. Usually I'm not one to care about frames per second, but 10 is rather absurd. I'd kill (virgins this time?) to have a steady 25 at this point.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Wow, I've never seen Jagex actually refund membership due to technical issues before. This is certainly a new one from them, although I'm glad to see it.

[qfc]25-26-158-63343716[/qfc] <- RSOF thread.

Well, I had a friend who couldn't access the game for a week because of some changes to the engine, he did get that week back in extended membership. :s And that was in 2005-2006.

I'm suffering terrible lag. Very strange since my ping is really low (15ms on the world I'm playing atm) I only get around 19-20fps.

Some people in clan only get 5fps, so that's even worse. Very strange, my pc is a gaming pc & my internet is 8MB Dsl, so the problem at Jagex obviously isn't fixed yet.

Before I couldn't play decently due to bots, now I can't play decently since the removal of bots. How ironic :)

2016 goals: all skills +30mil xp - Completed this goal 11th December 2016 smile.gif
2017 goals: get at least 3 more master capes (start xp: invention done@21st Jan, mining done@2nd April & ranged 76/104mil done@June 20th) & all skills +40mil xp (done 24th August)

Are you talking about lag or low FPS here? My FPS has reduced to 25% of the amount it was before, and I can't even get past lobby after the Dominion tower update. Seems that you guys are talking about low performance but still use the term lag, which means it takes horribly long for the server to complete your action input (i.e. moving around the map, how long it takes after the click that the character moves)

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses

Could someone please post my name to the thread because I cannot do it as I am permanently banned from the forums.

My RSN is Don Auror

Ty in advance <3

P.S. Love you Jagex for refunding lost membership days <3

This issue seems so random.

My uber desktop only getting like 5fps

My mac that usually runs rs much worse is getting 20-30fps

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I checked this morning and my 5 year old laptop (with integrated graphics no less) was getting 20-30fps, but it's still taking a long time to load when I change locations or move across the map.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

So, when is this going to be fixed and when can I play again?

Pirkka.png

40,919th person to access Turmoil. 21,559th person to access Overloads.

signatureteksti.png

Are there any hidden bonuses here?

No bonuses