Tip.It Times - 6th November 2011

tripsis

By the way, anyone got pictures of the food? LOL.

Laikrob got this one:

DSC_0654.jpg

:lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Wow that looks damn delicious.

4K469.png

"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all the nights to come."

"An imperfect man can do great deeds, and a great man imperfect ones.

There are few times I am sad about living in Sweden. One of those times was today, after having finished the RuneFest article. So much fun...And I missed it all just because it is so far to go there and I don't have the money to travel (poor student = me :( ).

Great set of articles, as always.

pfft not as far away as I am... Austin, Tx > Sweden in distance.

dj_phox.png

pfft not as far away as I am... Austin, Tx > Sweden in distance.

Western US > Austin, TX :twisted:

It does look fun, though.

very true haha

I am just hopping they might have it in usa next year... i mean come on enough excuses bring it here now. Have it in vegas... that would be epic... fun event in a fun city... or maybe orlando... or austin... would be kinda bland in austin...

dj_phox.png

They could have it in Ottawa. Maybe during Winterlude, which is in...February...in Canada...

Vegas is looking better and better. :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

A M G. Despite my anti Jagex views lately, I'm actually so jealous of you guys who got to go. Unfortunately, there's no way I could've realistically took off the days and fly to the UK. I'll just sit here and wallow in my $X00K student loans :( Now maybe it was closer to me...Jagex has to hold at least 1 RuneFest in the states where the majority of the players actually are. Preferably close to me - San Diego? Phoenix? (not east coast?) :P

Also, I wish Jagex would add some esports flare to it like BlizzCon - holding some invite-only tournaments - of any minigame, really. The tournaments are big draws at BlizzCon.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

Skilling one etc used the slippery slope logical fallacy but it was about par for the course.

Stonewall337.png
[hide=Drops]Araxxor Eye x1 Leg pieces x2
GWD: 5000 Addy bar Steam B Staff x3 Z Spear x6 Sara. Hilt x2 Bandos Hilt x2 (LS, Solo)SS x6 (1 LS)
Tormented Demons: Shard x6 Slice x5 Claws x9 Limbs x3
DKS: Archer x21 Warrior x31 Berserker x30 Axe x51[/hide]

The tour of RuneFest was a great read. Thanks to Tripsis, Mage_UK and Siobhana for doing a great job representing us - even if you did fail miserably at the pub quiz. Perhaps next year you guys should have more quiz and less pub. :wink: :lol:

Well, I was part of one of the 3 wining teams on Sunday's pub quiz. :-w

Siobhana.jpeg

Siobhana.png

Siobhana.png

Ty Jeppoz for making it. Thx to the Pup for finding it after it got lost :D And thx to Kill_Life and Turtle for the ava.

Stoltenberg, 22/7-11: "We will retaliate with more democracy" In remembrance of Oslo/Utøya. May we never forget, nor be pulled down to the level of the beast

The resource article was interesting but I doubt Runescape will go in that direction only. If anything, the way they're doing Distractions and Diversions show that they will offer ways to get resources and skill xp without actually gathering the resources or training the skill. This happens with Penguin Points, Jack of all Trades, Troll Invasion, Tears of Guthix, Manage thy Kingdom, Sandman Bert, Del Monte, Ess, etc. Yeah, you put in a little effort playing the game every day and this really builds up.

Now, it seems the new Player Owned Ports (a skill?) will turn into a super Manage Thy Kingdom where you essentially build up a macro economy. I'm only guessing, but I assume you use money, skill and resources to set up trade routes. I can see the benefits of this right now where the ability to level POP is tied closely to your various skill levels. So that the higher your mining skill is then the higher quality ore you can trade. It's not a RS Bot like the article suggests cause you don't need to have the account active any more than you need to do for MTK. Just take time out of your day to manage the POP to keep the resource routes moving.

If such an idea can work where you've got NPC's gathering your resources on your offtime, why not something similar with training skills when you're logged off? Something like Player Owned Academies. In this area, you travel to a specific academy that'll train your character when you're not using it ie logged off. Similar to POP, you'd require gp, resources and certain skill levels to make the training more efficient. Just like Jack of all Trades, Penguin Points, Guthix, Troll Invasion, etc you get XP in a skill without actually training that skill.

If these work, why not a Player Owned Delivery Network that work like area specific butlers? These are for those that do want to train XP and gather their own resources. Imagine being able to have your ess unnoted at the altars. Or have a runner at the Wilderness mithril and addy rocks. Just like POP and POA's, you're given higher quality delivery NPC's based on your management, skill level, resources, etc.

Point being, if Jagex is looking to remove the grind, then I can see them employing these ideas that were being replicated by the bots. However, instead of it being an uncontrolled mess that bots brought, it's guided and becomes useful as people reach 70+ in levels.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

Skilling one etc used the slippery slope logical fallacy but it was about par for the course.

Could you highlight which part? I didn't scan through it, so I probably missed out any fallacies prior to publishing.

The entire premise. That was more or less the point. It wasn't supposed to be very possible or likely to happen :razz:

Though these ports might help with resource gathering... IT BEGINS :twss:

Tipsis the article on Rune Fest was great. Thank you sharing and letting us see your experience at Rune Fest. Great photos! Great recap. Wish I could afford a trip to see what it was like, next best thing was to see it through someone else's eyes. Thanks :thumbsup: