Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Andrew Gower...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

deyan2
[ Display Name History ]

deyan2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 465 posts
"Founded by hobbyist game developers back in 2001"

Andrew is busy with a new project nowadays and he doesn't want that project to become as company like as Jagex is nowadays.

This picture shows +- how much I liked RuneScape:
Posted Image

The more Gower the more I like it.

Fen Research's apparent employment of only three people probably reflects its recent creation, so it seems unlikely that the company will continue to remain as small as it is currently. While it will probably expand, Andrew Gower's wish to avoid "big company politics," his aim of "taking the best ideas from everyone rather than dictating from the top," and the promise of working "as part of a small elite development team," show a definite wish to remain relatively small. With the associated benefits of a more flexible working environment and direct communication to leaders, this could be a significant departure from Jagex.

I have about the same opinion as Andrew Gower has.

Will H
[ Display Name History ]

Will H

Tea Connoisseur

• Members
  • 5,195 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Will Holmes
  • Clan:Clay Gods

Perhaps he no longer agrees with the current stance Jagex has taken and prefers not having his name attached to the product any longer.

The fact that Andrew was at RuneFest pretty much debunks that theory. It's likely that Andrew's looking for new projects which requires both his time and monetary investment. He has no obligation to keep his money at Jagex, and we really should lay off him.

~ W ~

Posted Image

Arthu
[ Display Name History ]

Arthu

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,218 posts
  • RSN:Arttu
If he would care enough, he would post here to inform us, what's the real deal. That's what he used to do back in first scapeboards, I thought. Those times are long gone - probably it's not our business, afterall. Probably there is nothing fishy or odd behind Andrew's getting off Runescape development totally.
Posted Image
99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.
9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?
Posted Image
I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Fra
[ Display Name History ]

Fra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RSN:Fra

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the Cambridge UK based games studio that both develops and publishes the world's most popular Free Massively Multiplayer Online Game - RuneScape.

Wait, I thought Jagex standed for java gaming experts? :blink:
93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning
I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.
Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.
Thanks to

Bxpprod
[ Display Name History ]

Bxpprod

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,777 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Bxpprod
I fail to see the issue?

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

Piu
[ Display Name History ]

Piu

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 840 posts
  • RSN:Piu
  • Clan:EoE

Jagex, which stands for Just About the Game Experience, is the Cambridge UK based games studio that both develops and publishes the world's most popular Free Massively Multiplayer Online Game - RuneScape.

They changed that with some game they made which wasn't Java based. World of Legends or something like that.
Posted Image
Posted Image

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Carl
[ Display Name History ]

Carl

I <3 N_odie!

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • RSN:Carl
  • RSN2:Newb

They changed that with some game they made which wasn't Java based. World of Legends or something like that.

No, they didn't make World of Legends - just published it. Hence the name change.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
He seemed very nervous in a video that Runezone shortly asked him questions. He speaks weird and looks weird. But i wish him the best because he looks like a honest person.

Will be interesting what Fen Research will make.

Yay0siris
[ Display Name History ]

Yay0siris

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 332 posts
Looks like sloth

Dire_Wolf
[ Display Name History ]

Dire_Wolf

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,721 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

Looks like sloth

Many people pointed that he looks like Sid the sloth from Ice age

Guest_jrhairychest_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_jrhairychest_
  • Guests

I don't see the big deal here?

The credit list, for a long time, has only shown the CURRENT team. Many big name jmods who went on to bigger and better things vanish from the list.

^This.

I see we are in another one of Pal's hate threads again and what's with the Gower trolling? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have this game.

Andrew
[ Display Name History ]

Andrew

Runescape Creator

• Jagex Staff
  • 15 posts
  • RSN:Andrew
  • RSN2:Ignite
Ooh a post about me. :)

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

(and yes my chin and neck are as one, bah!)

Da_Latios
[ Display Name History ]

Da_Latios

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,492 posts
  • RSN:Hiroki
I LOVE YOU ANDREW!
Posted Image
IRC Nick: Hiroki | 99 Agility | Max Quest Points | 138 Combat
Bandos drops: 20 Hilt | 22 Chestplate | 21 Tassets | 14 Boots

Guest_jrhairychest_
[ Display Name History ]

Guest_jrhairychest_
  • Guests
Talk about stickin one on ya lol :lol:

All_Bogs
[ Display Name History ]

All_Bogs

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 3,531 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:All Bogs

Look forward to following Fen Research though ever since I started following Jagex in 2000. Maybe he'll be cool and upload The Bottomless Pit, lol.

Ooh, I remember that one. It had cheat-codes for that cute little 2D-sidescroller-shooter game if I recall :P

heh, I just noticed this at the bottom of tip.it - shows you how the times have changed...better change that to Jagex now.. :/
RuneScape ® is a trademark of Jagex © 2000-2011 Andrew Gower

(Also there...designed for IE 6+, Mozilla 1.0+, Netscape Navigator 5+, Opera 4+..lol Netscape...wonder whatever happened to that browser?)

Heh, I'm all for being rebellious and leaving Andrew's name there. Copyright or not, RS wouldn't be here without him. Just my personal opinion, not representing Tip.It's view here.

We kept the Netscape Navigator bit in as a bit of an easter egg. I'm pretty sure some of the newer more script-intensive stuff doesn't work on Netscape at all - lord knows I never tested anything for it, and I've been on the crew for a while now :P

highlanders
[ Display Name History ]

highlanders

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,476 posts

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

Well feel free to post an up-to-date photo. Photos of you are hard to find and those are the only ones we have lol

2480+ total

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis
Very nice to see you posting, Andrew :)
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

MageUK
[ Display Name History ]

MageUK

Behind You

• Administrators
  • 2,371 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
  • RSN:Pure_MageUK

Well feel free to post an up-to-date photo. Photos of you are hard to find and those are the only ones we have lol

There's an up to date photo on our RuneFest page I believe.

EDIT: Never mind, looks like we got one of Paul backstage but Andrew wasn't there.

The_Fray
[ Display Name History ]

The_Fray

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Rook

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

(and yes my chin and neck are as one, bah!)

When someone looks at your pic and compares you to Sid the Sloth; you post an updated pic.

Bazzaminxer
[ Display Name History ]

Bazzaminxer

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,004 posts
  • RSN:Bazzaminxer
Thanks for great game even if dont want to be on credits tbh.

Not to sound like a fanboy but its good to see you post as its a rare thing so taking opportunity.
VMeh BlogV >Miscellaneous Goals<
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users