Andrew Gower...

pal2002

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a friendly reminder to everyone, Jagex staff are ultimately part of our community. With that, we have the responsibility to treat them like we would each other. Be respectful, friendly, and enjoy each other's company. icon_e_wink.gif

And thanks for posting, Andrew. :)

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Just to clarify i think sloths are loveable. Infact i made a joke about myself to a family member of mine about what kind of animal i would be. And this is for real , i said "I hoped to be a wolf but instead i became a sloth lol".

Nice surprise to see you posting Andrew. And welcome.

EDIT:

Since Trip and Sio had a stand at Runefest i am guessing they got more Runescape people to register on Tif forums. I tried to access "Jagex staff" group but no link to it. Probably more Jagex people on Tif forums.

Wow, is "Ignite" really Andrew's personal account? I remember many years ago when "Ignite" was advertising a program called RuneTech (I believe it was a toolkit used by the Wanderers) on another forum, but the moderators removed the link because they couldn't be sure it was safe. LOL.

ixfd64.png

ARENAscape:

Baratus [AS] max hit: 166 with Moon Battle Hammer

ixfd64 [AS] max hit: 116 with (untitled spell #2)

Yes, 999134 I think you are right. That's what I thought of too when I saw this.

Also: The monkeys sinking into the water with the coconuts: Monkey Puzzle2 (from Monkey Puzzle previously at Jagex.com) playable via FunOrb.

The scrolling game currently: Dr Phlogiston Saves the Earth playable via FunOrb (previously Meltdown at Jagex.com)

Fen research should buy (lol buy) FunOrb and give it a healthy boost of activity...

I nerd-gasmed at Andrew posting and I haven't even logged into Runescape in over a year. :oops:

Same here. I did a double take there for a second :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

Wasn't his last post on tif when he threatened to sue and shut down tif for criticizing them in a tipit article >.>.

No he never did that at all. He threatened to take legal action against the author of the article. Here's the quote.

Posting untruths about our policies does not make us happy. We are considering legal action against the author of this article on the basis of libel. It would be within the author of this articles interest to remove it and contact us immediately.

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning

I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.

Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.

[hide=Thanks to]Silvermist82, Byzantus, Eka-iridium, emers8529, Octarine, A Local Guy, ezeeipancake, and Thor ls Here[/hide]

Wasn't his last post on tif when he threatened to sue and shut down tif for criticizing them in a tipit article >.>.

No he never did that at all. He threatened to take legal action against the author of the article. Here's the quote.

Posting untruths about our policies does not make us happy. We are considering legal action against the author of this article on the basis of libel. It would be within the author of this articles interest to remove it and contact us immediately.

Yup it was the stupid ill-informed rumour that claimed they were gonna sue tip.it for criticizing.

Tip.it has had plenty of critical articles, as shown in above quote they planned to sue the author as the article contained fabricated facts/lies used to show jagex in a bad light; which is of course libel. Tip.it took the article down promptly once they knew these facts were falsified.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Look forward to following Fen Research though ever since I started following Jagex in 2000. Maybe he'll be cool and upload The Bottomless Pit, lol.

Ooh, I remember that one. It had cheat-codes for that cute little 2D-sidescroller-shooter game if I recall :P

Psh Flea Circus was where it was at bro.

Also, hi Andrew. You should write another newsletter for RuneScape. The Dec. 2000 one is great fun to re-read (New town coming! Al Kharid!) haha

I think meili has the first two on her site still.

Yup it was the stupid ill-informed rumour that claimed they were gonna sue tip.it for criticizing.

Tip.it has had plenty of critical articles, as shown in above quote they planned to sue the author as the article contained fabricated facts/lies used to show jagex in a bad light; which is of course libel. Tip.it took the article down promptly once they knew these facts were falsified.

IMO libel has always been the rich man's screw you clause. So silly.

Yeah not wanting damaging lies spread about your business that can cause lose of earnings is such a silly thing! I mean I'm sure if you were running a clothing boutique lets say that was your source of income and you started losing trade because people were falsely claiming you used child labour it'd be such a silly thing for there to be a libel law that lets you recover lost earnings and silence the liars...

True in the US especially libel cases get thrown about like mad, but few actually are won because unless someone is outright lying its not libel.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah not wanting damaging lies spread about your business that can cause lose of earnings is such a silly thing! I mean I'm sure if you were running a clothing boutique lets say that was your source of income and you started losing trade because people were falsely claiming you used child labour it'd be such a silly thing for there to be a libel law that lets you recover lost earnings and silence the liars...

True in the US especially libel cases get thrown about like mad, but few actually are won because unless someone is outright lying its not libel.

Err...are you agreeing with me or what is going on in these two paragraphs; they're polar opposite opinions.

Ooh a post about me. :)

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

(and yes my chin and neck are as one, bah!)

Hey Andrew, you seem like a beautiful, strong creator of the universe

How would you like to become a harpie?

OT: I'll follow the general trend and thank you, Andrew, and everyone else for their amazing work creating the game and developing it thus far. I'll add my personal thoughts on the credits: if he's not bothered being off it, then there's no further discussion. It's an entitlement, not a requirement.

Err...are you agreeing with me or what is going on in these two paragraphs; they're polar opposite opinions.

He says that libel is needed in case you take a financial hit due to someone false damaging your reputation. Although many people try to abuse this by suing a party that says something bad about you, few libel cases are actually won because few libel cases are actually libel.

So, he seems to be acknowledging that people can try to abuse libel, but that there is a very good reason it exists in the first place.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Hope he comes back in a few years with a fully staffed gaming company and wrests control of RuneScape lore copyrights and creates a real game based off them!

I can dream huh :(

Agreed.

91215531.png

Poetry

Indexed Picture 1

Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

91215531.png

He says that libel is needed in case you take a financial hit due to someone false damaging your reputation. Although many people try to abuse this by suing a party that says something bad about you, few libel cases are actually won because few libel cases are actually libel.

So, he seems to be acknowledging that people can try to abuse libel, but that there is a very good reason it exists in the first place.

^ This.

I was being highly sarcastic in the first paragraph, with an example, to point out how libel is necessary and not just a "rich man's screw you clause"; but also noted that a lot libel cases are made but not won as they are not true libel (libel being false information/claims that damages your company in reputation and/or earnings) and are simply negative comments about the company that are either opinion based (eg I don't like McDonalds as their food is too greasy) or are genuine facts (eg News of the World was a dishonest and underhand paper as it illegally obtained stories via phone hacking) where as libel is something negative, stated as fact, but made up (eg McDonalds make their burgers from third world orphans)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

McDonalds make their burgers from third world orphans

I thought that was true! OMG I really need to investigate this.

Sorry for off-topic. I swear I walked past Andrew on a recent trip to Cambridge or someone that looks like him. I've been to the jagex HQ (as pointed by google maps) and I didn't even see the tank! or the Tower... It was a shared office complex with 2 other organisations opposite the science park at the east side of Cambridge. I wasn't brave enough to knock the on the door. I'm sure they would had told me to go away if I did knock on the door. Also after like 7 years playing I still down no how to prounce JAGEX.... is it JAG-EX or JAY-JEX or what?

TwoDimension.png

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

Does this mean we should say Hyt to Andrew/Ignite in game?

Also, Andrew, would you still have a gold crown, and could you ever log in again?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

+++ - - - - - - - - - I'm a beautiful, strong - - - - - - - - - - +++

+++ - - - - - - - independent game developer- - - - - - - - +++

+++ - - - - - who don't need no company politics- - - - - - +++

+++ - - - - put this in your signature if you agree - - - - - +++

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I'm more interested to see where Fen Research will go from here, if Andrew has what it takes start it all over again. It's a different world from back then. It seems like it's supposed to be an indie developer. Honestly, indie developers are the only ones with the assets(or more accurately, without restrictions) to make innovative, creative and original games.

Sorry for off-topic. I swear I walked past Andrew on a recent trip to Cambridge or someone that looks like him. I've been to the jagex HQ (as pointed by google maps) and I didn't even see the tank! or the Tower... It was a shared office complex with 2 other organisations opposite the science park at the east side of Cambridge. I wasn't brave enough to knock the on the door. I'm sure they would had told me to go away if I did knock on the door. Also after like 7 years playing I still down no how to prounce JAGEX.... is it JAG-EX or JAY-JEX or what?

You went to the wrong building then. :rolleyes: