Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Andrew Gower...

• Please log in to reply
85 replies to this topic

Albel
[ Display Name History ]

Albel

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,189 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Albel
  • RSN2:Seaoh
  • Clan:SoDB

I nerd-gasmed at Andrew posting and I haven't even logged into Runescape in over a year. :oops:

Same here. I did a double take there for a second :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

Quotes

Runescape Achievements

Fra
[ Display Name History ]

Fra

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 97 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Fra

Wasn't his last post on tif when he threatened to sue and shut down tif for criticizing them in a tipit article >.>.

No he never did that at all. He threatened to take legal action against the author of the article. Here's the quote.

Posting untruths about our policies does not make us happy. We are considering legal action against the author of this article on the basis of libel. It would be within the author of this articles interest to remove it and contact us immediately.

93/99 Fishing --- 22/74 Summoning
I'll achieve my goals, even if I have to crawl towards them.
Always accepting donations of living minerals, fishing urns, granite crab pouches, etc.
Thanks to

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts
  • RSN:Sy Accursed

Wasn't his last post on tif when he threatened to sue and shut down tif for criticizing them in a tipit article >.>.

No he never did that at all. He threatened to take legal action against the author of the article. Here's the quote.

Posting untruths about our policies does not make us happy. We are considering legal action against the author of this article on the basis of libel. It would be within the author of this articles interest to remove it and contact us immediately.

Yup it was the stupid ill-informed rumour that claimed they were gonna sue tip.it for criticizing.
Tip.it has had plenty of critical articles, as shown in above quote they planned to sue the author as the article contained fabricated facts/lies used to show jagex in a bad light; which is of course libel. Tip.it took the article down promptly once they knew these facts were falsified.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired

Look forward to following Fen Research though ever since I started following Jagex in 2000. Maybe he'll be cool and upload The Bottomless Pit, lol.

Ooh, I remember that one. It had cheat-codes for that cute little 2D-sidescroller-shooter game if I recall :P

Psh Flea Circus was where it was at bro.

Also, hi Andrew. You should write another newsletter for RuneScape. The Dec. 2000 one is great fun to re-read (New town coming! Al Kharid!) haha
I think meili has the first two on her site still.

Yup it was the stupid ill-informed rumour that claimed they were gonna sue tip.it for criticizing.
Tip.it has had plenty of critical articles, as shown in above quote they planned to sue the author as the article contained fabricated facts/lies used to show jagex in a bad light; which is of course libel. Tip.it took the article down promptly once they knew these facts were falsified.

IMO libel has always been the rich man's screw you clause. So silly.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte
Wow -- so much nostalgia. *breathes deeply*

Thank you Andrew for everything! All the best to you in whatever you're doing now and in the future. <3:

nyuseg.png

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

Yeah not wanting damaging lies spread about your business that can cause lose of earnings is such a silly thing! I mean I'm sure if you were running a clothing boutique lets say that was your source of income and you started losing trade because people were falsely claiming you used child labour it'd be such a silly thing for there to be a libel law that lets you recover lost earnings and silence the liars...

True in the US especially libel cases get thrown about like mad, but few actually are won because unless someone is outright lying its not libel.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Nero
[ Display Name History ]

Nero

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 5,283 posts

Yeah not wanting damaging lies spread about your business that can cause lose of earnings is such a silly thing! I mean I'm sure if you were running a clothing boutique lets say that was your source of income and you started losing trade because people were falsely claiming you used child labour it'd be such a silly thing for there to be a libel law that lets you recover lost earnings and silence the liars...

True in the US especially libel cases get thrown about like mad, but few actually are won because unless someone is outright lying its not libel.

Err...are you agreeing with me or what is going on in these two paragraphs; they're polar opposite opinions.

Zaaps1
[ Display Name History ]

Zaaps1

Troll General

• Members
  • 13,035 posts
  • RSN:Zaaptastic
  • RSN2:Zaap Cannon
  • Clan:DGS ☺ Harpies@@@

Ooh a post about me. :)

You could have used more up to date (and less awful :) pictures, those are 10 years old!

I'm not too bothered about not being on the credits list. I was never big on the whole fame thing, and lots of people know what I have contributed anyway.

(and yes my chin and neck are as one, bah!)

Hey Andrew, you seem like a beautiful, strong creator of the universe

How would you like to become a harpie?

OT: I'll follow the general trend and thank you, Andrew, and everyone else for their amazing work creating the game and developing it thus far. I'll add my personal thoughts on the credits: if he's not bothered being off it, then there's no further discussion. It's an entitlement, not a requirement.

Sir_Squab
[ Display Name History ]

Sir_Squab

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,903 posts
  • RSN:Sir Squab

Err...are you agreeing with me or what is going on in these two paragraphs; they're polar opposite opinions.

He says that libel is needed in case you take a financial hit due to someone false damaging your reputation. Although many people try to abuse this by suing a party that says something bad about you, few libel cases are actually won because few libel cases are actually libel.

So, he seems to be acknowledging that people can try to abuse libel, but that there is a very good reason it exists in the first place.

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.

The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Dexek
[ Display Name History ]

Dexek

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 3,534 posts
  • RSN:Dexek

Hope he comes back in a few years with a fully staffed gaming company and wrests control of RuneScape lore copyrights and creates a real game based off them!
I can dream huh :(

Agreed.

Posted Image

Poetry
Indexed Picture 1
Indexed Picture 2

Killed my maxed Zerker pure April 2010

Rebooting Runescape

Posted Image

Sy_Accursed
[ Display Name History ]

Sy_Accursed

Post Junkie

• Members
  • 16,851 posts

He says that libel is needed in case you take a financial hit due to someone false damaging your reputation. Although many people try to abuse this by suing a party that says something bad about you, few libel cases are actually won because few libel cases are actually libel.

So, he seems to be acknowledging that people can try to abuse libel, but that there is a very good reason it exists in the first place.

^ This.

I was being highly sarcastic in the first paragraph, with an example, to point out how libel is necessary and not just a "rich man's screw you clause"; but also noted that a lot libel cases are made but not won as they are not true libel (libel being false information/claims that damages your company in reputation and/or earnings) and are simply negative comments about the company that are either opinion based (eg I don't like McDonalds as their food is too greasy) or are genuine facts (eg News of the World was a dishonest and underhand paper as it illegally obtained stories via phone hacking) where as libel is something negative, stated as fact, but made up (eg McDonalds make their burgers from third world orphans)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Jordyy
[ Display Name History ]

Jordyy

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 106 posts
[/quote]
McDonalds make their burgers from third world orphans
[/quote]

I thought that was true! OMG I really need to investigate this.

Sorry for off-topic. I swear I walked past Andrew on a recent trip to Cambridge or someone that looks like him. I've been to the jagex HQ (as pointed by google maps) and I didn't even see the tank! or the Tower... It was a shared office complex with 2 other organisations opposite the science park at the east side of Cambridge. I wasn't brave enough to knock the on the door. I'm sure they would had told me to go away if I did knock on the door. Also after like 7 years playing I still down no how to prounce JAGEX.... is it JAG-EX or JAY-JEX or what?

380th to 200,000,000 Cook.

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
Does this mean we should say Hyt to Andrew/Ignite in game?

Also, Andrew, would you still have a gold crown, and could you ever log in again?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Myu
[ Display Name History ]

Myu

Unicorn Horn

• Members
  • 153 posts
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
+++ - - - - - - - - - I'm a beautiful, strong - - - - - - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - - - - independent game developer- - - - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - - who don't need no company politics- - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - put this in your signature if you agree - - - - - +++

I'm more interested to see where Fen Research will go from here, if Andrew has what it takes start it all over again. It's a different world from back then. It seems like it's supposed to be an indie developer. Honestly, indie developers are the only ones with the assets(or more accurately, without restrictions) to make innovative, creative and original games.

MageUK
[ Display Name History ]

MageUK

Behind You

• Administrators
  • 2,371 posts
  • RSN:Pure_MageUK

Sorry for off-topic. I swear I walked past Andrew on a recent trip to Cambridge or someone that looks like him. I've been to the jagex HQ (as pointed by google maps) and I didn't even see the tank! or the Tower... It was a shared office complex with 2 other organisations opposite the science park at the east side of Cambridge. I wasn't brave enough to knock the on the door. I'm sure they would had told me to go away if I did knock on the door. Also after like 7 years playing I still down no how to prounce JAGEX.... is it JAG-EX or JAY-JEX or what?

You went to the wrong building then. :rolleyes:

sees_all1
[ Display Name History ]

sees_all1

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,961 posts
I think we need to make this into some kinda Chuck Norris thing...

Andrew Gower uses unsigned integers in Java.
Andrew Gower once beat Nex, using a bronze dagger, and a level 3. And he did it in one hit.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
^ Yes.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Iglw
[ Display Name History ]

Iglw

Retired Crew

• Members
  • 614 posts
  • RSN:Iglw
  • Clan:The Order of Cabbage
Holy crepes!
Andrew is Ignite?!

He 'Kah Bah Gee!'d me in a PM from him several years ago when my RSN was still 'Ignite 168' and the OoC was still active.
I thought it was some random pmod who had stumbled across the OoC and saw I had a his name + numbers so he dropped by to say hello.

After all these years I find out who it really was.

MIND = ABSOLUTELY BLOWN.

Kah Bah Gee, Andrew! :blink:

-------------------
Also: No wonder the RSN Ignite without numbers is still taken x)

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears

+++ - - - - - - - - - I'm a beautiful, strong - - - - - - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - - - - independent game developer- - - - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - - who don't need no company politics- - - - - - +++
+++ - - - - put this in your signature if you agree - - - - - +++

I'm more interested to see where Fen Research will go from here, if Andrew has what it takes start it all over again. It's a different world from back then. It seems like it's supposed to be an indie developer. Honestly, indie developers are the only ones with the assets(or more accurately, without restrictions) to make innovative, creative and original games.

Jagex was the indie mmo dev back in the day - mmmm I wondered what happened to that company.

Tbh the games I've enjoyed other than rs are not indie games...
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

[ Display Name History ]

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,102 posts
  • RSN:999134thpure
  • RSN2:1 Pray Hero
  • Clan:hyt
I am suspicious of a post by Andrew right after TIF was hacked.

Could someone have found the TIF password for the account andrew and just posted.
Maybe IP check his login to check it even was from the UK >.>.
Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!
Posted Image
old sig

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users