07-Nov-2011 - One Piercing Note

Saradomin_Mage

Just switched off curses and went to normal prays. Had the following equipped:

citharede robes

saradomin arrow

saradomin vambraces

saradomin crozier

saradomin stole

This time instead of getting zapped I got the following message: "An invisible force gently but firmly moves your hand away from the cithara."

hzvjpwS.gif

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just switched off curses and went to normal prays. Had the following equipped:

citharede robes

saradomin arrow

saradomin vambraces

saradomin crozier

saradomin stole

This time instead of getting zapped I got the following message: "An invisible force gently but firmly moves your hand away from the cithara."

Ring of visibility and cramulet/ghostspeak allow you to see and speak to the invisible force.

And you also need the book equipped.

crossed_body.png

I am in love with everything about this quest. Absolutely everything.

Anyone figure out how to take the cithara yet ?

It's stumped me as well.

Got the cithara, along with 50k exp.

I was wearing:

the quest robes

sara staff

sara vambs

sara arrow

cramulet

ring of visibility

illuminated holy book

Which illuminated book?

Lol kimberly learn the names!

Holy = sara

unholy = zammy

balance = guthix

war = bandos

law = armadyl

ancient = zaros

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

the ghost seems temperamental she told me i wasnt quite ready.

I click again and it worked.

apprently ancient mage also stops u getting the harp thing

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

^ Must be the new technique they talking about to deal with the 2% color bots =p

Pretty hard for them to find if its invisible.

They tried same trick with house glory amongst other things. (Its back now)

I saw 5-6 people mining it. It was just me who couldn't see it for some reason.

priest_wiz.png

Wore the quest robes, ring of visibility, cramulet, illuminated holy book, sara arrow, sara cape, sara staff, and the ghost showed up and said I was so close to holiness. Just tried again and she gave me the lyre. *shrug*

Oh and I switched to normal prayers.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

What does the lyre do?

Looks and a Play emote

Damn, I was hoping that it might provide some kind of bonus against demons.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

Having stood there a little while to get the harp it seems to be:

7+ worn saradomin items*

cramulet/ghostspeak

Ring of visiblity

No curses

No ancient mage

No other god items worn or invent

*Possible that this HAS to include the illuminated holy book, not seen anyone succeed without it.

Occasionally she'll say "you are close to worthy" and not zap, in which case just try 1 or 2 more times and you'll get it.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

7+ worn saradomin items*

cramulet/ghostspeak

Ring of visiblity

No curses

No ancient mage

*Possible that this HAS to include the illuminated holy book, not seen anyone succeed without it.

Occasionally she'll say "you are close to worthy" and not zap, in which case just try 1 or 2 more times and you'll get it.

Works with 6 items for me. Just fyi.

[hide]

Hood, Robe top, Robe Bottom, Sara Staff, Illuminated holy book, Sara cape[/hide]

A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

optimizedbrokenmirrorpn.jpg

7+ worn saradomin items*

cramulet/ghostspeak

Ring of visiblity

No curses

No ancient mage

Works with 6 items for me. Just fyi.

[hide]

Hood, Robe top, Robe Bottom, Sara Staff, Illuminated holy book, Sara cape[/hide]

A few people were saying 6 where I was, but many said 7, so I just went with the odds, especially since 7 isn't too hard

hood, top, bottom, staff, book, cape and then vambs or arrow.

I personally had 8 lol

Least we've got it down to specifics now!

Side-bar it seems some people are claiming to be getting it with ancient mage on; but they definitely have 7+ items. So buggy or ancient mage can be "overridden"

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Dunno if it matters but I had a sara owl out too.

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

I tried with quest robes, sara hood, sara sword, sara arrow, white gloves, white boots, and ill. holy book, in various combinations of wielding/holding those items, and couldn't quite get it. Normal prayers and magic, though I had no prayer points, and I have dropped my guthix/zammy books/ill. books to avoid getting blasted (the idea was to drop em, get the thing, pick em up, and leave, saving a trip, but noooo....).

I'm gonna try again later tonight with a sara cape and staff equipped, full prayer points, and no other god books in sight.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

I tried with quest robes, sara hood, sara sword, sara arrow, white gloves, white boots, and ill. holy book, in various combinations of wielding/holding those items, and couldn't quite get it. Normal prayers and magic, though I had no prayer points, and I have dropped my guthix/zammy books/ill. books to avoid getting blasted (the idea was to drop em, get the thing, pick em up, and leave, saving a trip, but noooo....).

I'm gonna try again later tonight with a sara cape and staff equipped, full prayer points, and no other god books in sight.

I'd guess:

Your issue was you did not have the hood of the quest robes on.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Really enjoyed the quest even though I got stuck a few times. [hide=Spoiler](Didn't realize you could examine the body AND the blood trails. Only ever knew about the blood trails)[/hide]

Got all 6 books Illuminated and got the Cithara (which I love the look of for some reason). :P

Good 'un Jagex. Now give me my Comp Cape back! :(

(Comp Cape is glitched and says you are missing 2 songs even though it says you have 808/808)

It's apparently not possible to get the cithara without a holy book. I've tried with the quest robes, cramulet, ring of visibility, Saradomin heraldic steel kite, Saradomin staff, Saradomin cape, Saradomin arrow, white boots and white gloves.

I left the basement and tried again and now it's all good? What is this?

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I'd guess:

Your issue was you did not have the hood of the quest robes on.

I tried that as well, with the sara hood in my inventory. It may just be that it only looks at *worn* sara items, not ones in inventory, and because of that one of the hoods and either the sara sword/ill. book didn't count because they weren't equipped. Or it could just be that I needed to leave and come back (that may be what the spirit meant by "you may try again after some time has passed" or whatever that was.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg