Saradomin_Mage

07-Nov-2011 - One Piercing Note

Good 'un Jagex. Now give me my Comp Cape back! :(

(Comp Cape is glitched and says you are missing 2 songs even though it says you have 808/808)

Maybe revisit the dominion tower and try to re-unlock the songs, I had the same issue for those

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

I tried with quest robes, sara hood, sara sword, sara arrow, white gloves, white boots, and ill. holy book, in various combinations of wielding/holding those items, and couldn't quite get it. Normal prayers and magic, though I had no prayer points, and I have dropped my guthix/zammy books/ill. books to avoid getting blasted (the idea was to drop em, get the thing, pick em up, and leave, saving a trip, but noooo....).

I'm gonna try again later tonight with a sara cape and staff equipped, full prayer points, and no other god books in sight.

I'd guess:

Your issue was you did not have the hood of the quest robes on.

I tried that as well, with the sara hood in my inventory. It may just be that it only looks at *worn* sara items, not ones in inventory, and because of that one of the hoods and either the sara sword/ill. book didn't count because they weren't equipped. Or it could just be that I needed to leave and come back (that may be what the spirit meant by "you may try again after some time has passed" or whatever that was.

Nah thats what she said to me, you just click one or two more times and they hand it over.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I'd tried at least three times with several setups of the stuff described above without it working (though yeah, when you finally get it you may get that message one or two times before actually getting it, despite having the right setup).

When I actually got the thing, I was wearing sara cape + staff + arrow + quest robes + ill. book (it's 7, felt like making sure, and I had just gone and actually finished the Mage Arena so I had both the cape and the staff anyway). So I'm pretty sure it just looks at what you're wearing, not what's in your inventory (except for checking for non-Sara god items to blast you).

Also, the abbess isn't programmed to notice you taking the thing, sadly. I was hoping for a shocked or awed reaction if I played near her/talked to her when wielding it/used it on her, but alas, they did not think of that.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg

Wouldn't let me with the hood etc for some reason. guy there was kind enough to loan me his sara dhide set (top, legs, coif) + my sara book, sara cape and owl.

Also I dont think Saradomin Halo works either.

Popoto.~<3

Really enjoyed the quest, it wasn't difficult if you used common sense, the whole thing seemed pretty polished and the extended rewards are really good.

9.5/10

-- 2001 Starter --

moki.png

Really enjoyed the quest, it wasn't difficult if you used common sense, the whole thing seemed pretty polished and the extended rewards are really good.

9.5/10

I am inclined to agree. It was very enjoyable, I'd give it a 9/10.

crossed_body.png

I just realised that this quest got me to exactly 300 QPs.

Anyway, it was a very nice quest, im slightly stunned at how much jagex was willing to reference murder, blood, sex and suicide during it. But all in a way that feels like it should be.

Rewards are awesome two.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

The graphics were great and the plot was actually interesting (in comparison to the boring Murder Mystery quest that I could have cared less about the story). Loved the voice acting too, it made it much more realistic and dramatic.

Edit: Can anyone think of a good use for the robes, like a musician that's close to a good training area that could use prayer?

This is a shining example of how music and sound can enhance the ambiance of the quest. From the moment from the murder of Sister Cabbage on was pure joy and the voice acting made the final confrontation near epic in scope. I also appreciated having the ability to like to Sister Bernita at the end. It felt honorable.

This quest was a 10 out of 10. Beautiful lore, music, sound, and scope.

As for the sex and violence, it shows that Jagex is ready to move on beyond the children's game Runescape has been marketed as for years. It was refreshing and not at all over the top.

Untitled.png

My heart is broken by the terrible loss I have sustained in my old friends and companions and my poor soldiers. Believe me, nothing except a battle lost can be half so melancholy as a battle won. -Sir Arthur Wellesley

The graphics were great and the plot was actually interesting (in comparison to the boring Murder Mystery quest that I could have cared less about the story). Loved the voice acting too, it made it much more realistic and dramatic.

Edit: Can anyone think of a good use for the robes, like a musician that's close to a good training area that could use prayer?

There's no way it would be better than armoured zombies, which have an actual altar.

F2P would enjoy it, though.

Really, the biggest issue with this quest was that it wasn't F2P. This is the sort of high-quality low-level content that the free game is desperately lacking.

Really, the biggest issue with this quest was that it wasn't F2P. This is the sort of high-quality low-level content that the free game is desperately lacking.

It's also the kind of high quality low level content designed specifically to lure people into buying members; as like it or not as recent interviews with jmods mentioned F2P is essentially a demo and the ultimate goal is to get players to buy members. And despite what some people seem to think it isn't a case of low level stuff should all go f2p and high level members, jagex wants people in members asap, so they need appealing low level content.

Plus kinda obvious it wouldn't be f2p given full voice acting would of made it significantly more costly to develop so they want returns on it via membership fees.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

It's also the kind of high quality low level content designed specifically to lure people into buying members; as like it or not as recent interviews with jmods mentioned F2P is essentially a demo and the ultimate goal is to get players to buy members. And despite what some people seem to think it isn't a case of low level stuff should all go f2p and high level members, jagex wants people in members asap, so they need appealing low level content.

Plus kinda obvious it wouldn't be f2p given full voice acting would of made it significantly more costly to develop so they want returns on it via membership fees.

See, that's the kind of attitude that hurts the game. It's an approach that's focused on enticing existing players to upgrade to paid accounts, and it might succeed at that to some extent. But dangling goodies in front of the existing players isn't going to do shit to attract new players to the game. If you want to do that, you've got to improve the free game, especially at low levels.

And the thing here is, this update would have been perfect for just that. It's a great low-level quest, it deals with mature themes that could help dispel RuneScape's negative reputation as a kiddie game, the rewards are uninteresting for members but very exciting for free players, and, well, it's just plain fun, unlike most of the crappy F2P quests that are poorly-designed holdovers from Classic. And it could have been F2P with literally no changes--there's absolutely nothing in this quest that has anything to do with existing or future members' content. It could have been a home run for the free game--a shining gem of the best of what RuneScape's quests have to offer. But dropping it in the members' bin reduces it to the level of mediocrity--just one more quest out of 200, nothing special. This was a missed opportunity, and that's rather tragic, I think.

The worst part is, they made it members-only as a carrot, but it's not even a good carrot. Beginner-level quests are crappy carrots. Nobody's going to subscribe because they're excited about the new beginner-level quest.

Would have been good for F2P (including some nice robes that have no bonuses anyway) and simple left the Harp and books members (which, you need to begin with as there's no way you can wear 7 sara items and a ring of vis' in F2P)

either way, I liked it. Might have helped for them to explain clues better rather then searching the ENTIRE abbey for 1 clue. (yes you, sack in the kitchen)

Popoto.~<3

Was a nice quest. Interesting to see if they'll actually keep up with voice acting all future quests.

j0xPu5R.png

either way, I liked it. Might have helped for them to explain clues better rather then searching the ENTIRE abbey for 1 clue. (yes you, sack in the kitchen)

It was perfectly understandable if you read the clues and used your brain.

crossed_body.png

But most clues were kinda just trial and error. I disliked the fact that 80% of the time went on searching for that one clue somewhere around or finding out whom you missed a chat option from.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

But most clues were kinda just trial and error. I disliked the fact that 80% of the time went on searching for that one clue somewhere around or finding out whom you missed a chat option from.

That was not my experience at all. You were always told to go to specific places, and talk with the sisters - and I never had to look around a lot of something. The exception being that you had to search like three things in a room to find your clue. I'd rather see if it was a little more trial and error based, instead of just being guided through the whole thing, but it is a novice quest after all.

But most clues were kinda just trial and error.

But that's not true. Like I said, if you read the clues and the diary, you'll always know where to look next. For example the secret passage in the kitchen is mentioned in the love notes in the sister's room.

crossed_body.png

Well it wasn't my favorite quest, but I have to say it was well made. I just hope they don't do the voice acting thing again or I have to turn off my sounds. I hated it.

Amonitas.png

Quest cape since 11th July 99 Farming 4th February 99 Cooking 31st August

I liked the quest. Just a shame that the cithara is just a cosmetic item.

And Valerio is a perv.

SWAG

Mayn U wanna be like me but U can't be me cuz U ain't got ma swagga on.

Makes me wish I was still a member.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Voice acting felt a bit monotone and lacked personality (except for Valario :S). Music was nice though. :D

[hide]But oh dear, the voice of the spirit Saint Elspeth was scary! O_O It's so deep and man-like! I mean, I guess being a spirit means some changes, but the voice is just... argh I'm gonna gonna get creepy-crawly feelings every time I think of it now waaah![/hide]

I have just done this quest...what can I say?

Outstanding? Excellent? Brings RS into a new aspect of game immersion? All of those things! I took probably about 3 times as long to complete this quest because I found myself listening to the whole speeches instead of clicking through and the music was wonderful.

I thought the voice acting was beyond what I ever expected of a game and I can't wait for more. I loved the whole ambiance of this quest so much that I am now finding myself returning there to re-experience the atmosphere and the music, and of course dance with the troubadours lol.

Well done Jagex, I'm proud of you! :thumbsup:

35cq0q9.png