Aten - The Road to IFB/MOA/5.4/True, May '01 - Dec '12 RIP || June '18 reborn

wot

also

Vt15g.jpg

man I knew it wasn't gonna be a good time, but I was clicking well through the whole thing so I thought I might as well grind it out... and boom record. God awful 3bv too, 26 higher than my last... I'm clicking better and better apparently so hopefully I get a good board now.

Actually truth be told I've had some great boards (sub 140) lately but just now I blew a sub100 on a 122 3bv board on a 121 variation that I failed to notice :/

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Higher numbers mean more mines within the 8 boxes immediately surrounding it. 1s have one mine within one of the 8 boxes around them, 2's have 2 mines within the 8 boxes, etc. You flag (right click I think. maybe shift click?) boxes that contain bombs to win.

Now do it again 30 times faster.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

think of 3x3 boxes. the number indicates the how many mines are in the 3x3 box with said number at its center.

Yah right click = flags, which is a way of marking mines. The game ends when you open all "safe" squares though, so you don't actually need to use flags if you don't want to.

However, you can "chord" with flags (left+right click simultaneously). Chording takes into account marked flags and opens all squares that are guaranteed safe assuming the flags are correct.

120px-EfficiencyFlags2.jpg

In this instance, if you chord the yellow marked 1s, it will automatically open up the two squares above the 1s on the edges (since the flag accounts for the mine indicated by the yellow 1, and hence all other squares touching it are guaranteed safe.

http://www.minesweep...o/wiki/Strategy

Actually I'm still really really shit because I overclick a lot of chords and end up being inefficient (the point of chording is to save you clicks). Also, I have terrible visualization skills so like gwyn, I also have to flag pretty much every mine. If you watch Muranski's video, he uses mixed style (which means he only flags when he can chord out huge openings on these flags)... otherwise he just manually left click opens. That's how his 3bv is over 2x mine lol.

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG