11-Nov-2011 - More Loot = More W00t!

Nero

To celebrate our continued success in the war against bots, were running a surprise members bonus weekend, with double loot in many surface-world dungeons as well as with double Dungeoneering XP and tokens.

The event will run from Saturday 12th November 00:00 GMT to Monday 14th November 23:59 GMT, during which time all you spelunker-savants and Dungeoneering dervishes will enjoy the following benefits:

* Double loot in the following dungeons:

o God Wars Dungeon (including Nex)

o Barrows

o Chaos Tunnels

o Stronghold of Security

o Forinthry Dungeon

* Double XP in Dungeoneering and double token rewards for dungeon completion.

Both of these benefits apply to RuneScape members only.

These events are the sort of events that weve been hoping to run for some time, but they wouldnt have been feasible prior to the recent bot-busting initiatives that have taken place. Wed love to run more events like this in the future, but we need you to remain vigilant: keep an eye out, use the reporting functions to let us know if you encounter any outstanding botting activity, and enjoy the game as it was meant to be played bot free!

Enjoy an amazing weekend of dungeon delving and boss bashing. Best of luck, and we hope that when you step blinking into the sunlight once more youre saddled with swathes of cool swag!

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooooh very nice, looks like I'll be going to somewhere in GWD for funs... But I can imagine Bandos is gona be hyper-competitive over the weekend, unless they decide to instance worlds, which would be nice...

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Ergh fine but I wasnt really planning this for this weekend.. Suppose I can.

Still prefer more notice before I need to grind the game for a bonus. Kinda lucky as I did have plans but had postponed it til monday but tuesday be fine too. Suppose its pizza this weekend too..

Please DONT do surprise bonus as its a pain in bum tbf. Just means I got to study harder at other times =/= Fun. With 'notice' I can PLAN things better = Fun.

Looks like I'll be dungeoneering this weekend. I wonder how much Nex gear's going to crash.

its not going to effect prices at all... one weekend of double drops means nothing.

I might do some dungeoneering I guess.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

I'm curious if this means i'll get 2 torva platebodies, or double the chance of getting a torva platebody. Sure they have the same longterm effect, but i'm hoping for the latter, so it's not so luck reliant.

I belive it's double the chance

EDIT: actually it sounds more like double drops :S

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

I'm curious if this means i'll get 2 torva platebodies, or double the chance of getting a torva platebody. Sure they have the same longterm effect, but i'm hoping for the latter, so it's not so luck reliant.

I belive it's double the chance

EDIT: actually it sounds more like double drops :S

Double loot in the following dungeons:

Double pernix body here I come.

L2pullout.png

when does this officially start? anyone have a good timer? (i suggest the person with the first post, copy it in there)

The time is there, it isn't that difficult to search for a website that you can look up what that time is at your place.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Mmmm, my weekend's already earmarked so oh well; would have just spent the time getting 99 mage anyway.

EDIT: Even with all the competition hopefully bandos will crash a little, I sold it with all of the bot busting hype and if I could get it back when it's even lower that'd be a nice profit.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

I reckon this makes a far more interesting and fun 'Bonus' event gameplay wise than Bonus XP Weekends do. Competition during that time will help balance out the potentially more rewarding activities like GWD and the Forinthry dungeon, but there's always some things to do to still take advantage of it if you don't want to do it. Couple that to the economic effects being fairly restricted to certain parts of the market.

I approve.

~ W ~

sigzi.png