Dungeoneering - Which way do you prefer?

Syd

I guess when I'm dungeoneering with EoE I don't feel stressed at all. I'm definitely skilling less now (unless for whatever reason it's just a single path like that one dungeon we had... Then yea... I'd probably mine a few ores and chop a few tress just in case), and am responding a lot faster, although the door lag just makes it too painful. Then of course we get the random days were we just clean out the whole dungeon or its resources (took me and another member one hour to clean a medium of all its resources after killing everything... we then put everything into neat little piles around the home teleport room haha).

One thing I definitely got over for the most part: Worrying about dying. I find that worrying just slows you down by a lot more (for me personally) than just basically doing your best to help your team clear the Guardian Door room as quickly as possible (without stressing of course). Once you learn which attacks to use on which monsters, it actually becomes quite easy. :)

Find a team you're comfortable with that is willing to help you improve your pace if you are aiming to complete dungeons faster. If speed isn't your goal, I'm fairly certain there are quite a number of groups that do casual dungeons.

The reason i left DGS was because i never saw ranked keyers actually host floors (apart from grimy when he had time, leik, and our moon (could never dg with him anyway)).

But from what i have heard (and read) it sounds like they have changed a lot as a community.

Miseryism | Completionist

The reason i left DGS was because i never saw ranked keyers actually host floors (apart from grimy when he had time, leik, and our moon (could never dg with him anyway)).

But from what i have heard (and read) it sounds like they have changed a lot as a community.

You could've hosted too lol.

C_ac_t_u_a_r.png

I prefer to key now, used to be different, but pathing > gds very much. And I prefer to do it quickly but without dying.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Used to only dg with random tiffers until around 70~, then EoE got formed, and I eventually joined it.

Best choice I ever made. May not be the absolute fastest most efficient dungeons, and I do die every so often, but it is absolutely fun. We still average <30 minutes (I think, I don't really pay much attention to the clock as much as others), but there is zero stress because I know everyone there and am much more relaxed and not as panicky about not doing something the absolute fastest and best.

:^_^:

Requiescat in pace, Shiva "Anarith" Kumar.
dea6a17b9c.png
351 Quest Points|99 Strength|99 Attack|99 Constitution|99 Defence|99 Magic|138 Combat|99 Summoning|99 Slayer|99 Ranged|99 Firemaking|99 Dungeoneering|99 Cooking|99 Prayer|99 Runecrafting|99 Smithing|99 Fletching|99 Construction|99 Farming|99 Fishing|99 Herblore|99 Crafting|99 Agility
True friends are never separated by distance, for they are forever linked by their hearts.

Join the HYT CLAN![qfc]90-91-310-65710712[/qfc]

If you want to see a fast dungeon, go to wesellfloors fc, buy a floor and follow Mida veel around. The guy is insane. On a team with two ranks, a random and two leeches they finished the floor (every single door) in 14 minutes. I'd love to see them do a floor with all ranks.

Asmodean <3

If you want to see a fast dungeon, go to wesellfloors fc, buy a floor and follow Mida veel around. The guy is insane. On a team with two ranks, a random and two leeches they finished the floor (every single door) in 14 minutes. I'd love to see them do a floor with all ranks.

And this leads to another point that I wanted to talk about: selling floors. What are your opinions on this? Is it reasonable? Fair? Is selling or buying floors efficient?

I'd personally not buy or sell floors even if I could, cause it doesn't feel like a way the skill should be trained.

u5zhkTY.gif

If you're good at doing fast floors, selling floors are a great way to earn money dging. Me and my clan buddies have personally made millions from this, if you can find customers at a frequent rate it becomes one of the best ways to earn money (no risk).

douvdFX.jpg

Blog

Trimmed | Master Quester | Final Boss

Boss pets: Bombi | Shrimpy | Ellie | Tz-Rek Jad | Karil the Bobbled | Mega Ducklings

120s: Dungeoneering | Invention

And this leads to another point that I wanted to talk about: selling floors. What are your opinions on this? Is it reasonable? Fair? Is selling or buying floors efficient?

I'd personally not buy or sell floors even if I could, cause it doesn't feel like a way the skill should be trained.

I figured it was going to happen when dg came out, I think its kinda lame on the part of people who leech to 99/120, but its their money to spend. Really don't want to see an activity bar in Dg, as it'd be useless as all other activity bars are. I'd never leech a floor if I had the money though, I'd rather train it legit as its probably the most engaging thing in rs.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

If people in a dg yell at you for mistakes, don't let that discourage you or think of it as flaming. Rather, think of it as something that you should build on the next dungeon.

It's how I learned my dg style. I also like being yelled at tbh, it's funny.

Does that include when I get yelled at for killing dinos or skilling whatsoever?

laparkachair-1.gif

I remember Mida Veel from when w148 would take you at 80 dg... he had blood neck and primal gaunts with his 2h back then. Good keyer.

I don't mind trading for floors, but it is of course trust trading and not efficient.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

I remember Mida Veel from when w148 would take you at 80 dg... he had blood neck and primal gaunts with his 2h back then. Good keyer.

I don't mind trading for floors, but it is of course trust trading and not efficient.

Tried that fc and no one was in it? Are there any more trustworthy chats?

Swift Irc channel #keyers

Most of the best keyers are ranked there

P0lPXdo.png

Swift Irc channel #keyers

Most of the best keyers are ranked there

Why dont you get ranked there tui? =]

I do not recall whether I have posted in here before or not, but nonetheless, I like a mixture of floors. It really depends on who I'm with, what role I am taking and the general demeanor of the group.

With friends, we skype, have 3-4 100+ers and I'm generally far more patient and willing to go 'slower' because we are showing our 4th-5th new techniques and are more inclined to assist them to SurvProd to make sure they get as much XP (outside level mod) as possible. I find our floors going into the 30s but because it's fun (we get along and generally have a laugh between calling doors/etc) the time flies.

Within EoE, I have found it much easier as I've gotten more experience (read: time dung'ing not just "xp") with the keyers, pathing and learnt more tricks, I am able to SurvProd most of the faster floors ('speed' flooring when not using a benchmark such as DGS) without feeling much pressure.

As keyer though, I really want to get through floors ASAP. It's added pressure and I probably dump that pressure on the rest and expect them to move and do better than sometimes they are 'able' to at the time, but I really don't want to be keying high 30s. I mean, I'd love to be keying at DGS-3BO'esque rates, but more importantly, I want to be dropping into the 20s and averaging in the 20s full stop. (Mind you, I get easily frustrated in this sort of situation).

tl;dr: Depends who I am with.

[bleep] OFF HOW ARE U SO [bleep]ING LUCKY U PIECE OF [bleep]ING SHIT [bleep] [bleep] [wagon] MUNCHER

When I first started dungeoneering, it was hell. Getting chaotic 31 was horrible, it took me 2 weeks of no lifing over christmas in 117/148. However, after getting my first chaotic, I learned about this wacked out new tif clan called "DGS". I resolved to give them a try, and slowly, very slowly, improved my dg skills, getting another chaotic on the road.

Then, I lost rapier, and ccbow, adn went into a camp dg phase, in which I got 91-100 dg in about a month.

In the month it took me, I realised, that, unlike common beleif, Duneoneering is an incredible skill, an enjoyable past-time, and, overall, a great addition to the game.

Now, on to the important part.

Dungeoneering, on one's own, is a dreadful, abysmal skill. This is why those people who arn't very social, or don't like relying on others, hate it. But, on the other hand, dungoneering is an incredible skill if you don't mind interacting with other players. In my opinion, a good dungeoneering clan is an invaluable asset. You start to learn more, and trust your team-mates more, managing to more and more casually do thing you used to think were impossible.

Now, this is all very well, exept for the catch. OTHER PEOPLE. One of the reasons w117/148/eb0 have died is because no one knows/trusts each other, and each person is just looking out for themselves, which isn't how Dg is supposed to work. You HAVE to trust your team-mates. This is where dungoneering clans come in.

The ideal clan is a clan of 30-50 members, who all know each other to a degree, and all have some ability to dg, but not enough to make them behave elitistly. Most clan members, and, most all fo the keyers MUST be patient, and enduring. They are teaching the newer people how to enjoy dging, and, how to get better at it.

The key to a good clan is understanding. Of each other, of dging, and comprehension that not everyone is as good as you, and the ability to accept that.

Lets Contrast Two dg clans: EoE (a tif based clan with a small memberbase) and DGS (an ex tif clan, with an old small member-base, and a variety of slowly maturing clan members)

DGS: While dgs is probably one of the best clans, there is quite a few Hardcore dgers here, who are the best at what they do. They, in turn, teach those who they floor with to become hard core, max minimise floor time, and to do whatever it takes to get the floors done.

The problem with this is that it creates a lot of uncertainty for the new people. Not being experienced much in dg lore and slang, they'll make mistakes in their floors, causing an amount of irritation to their team leader. The leader then generally points out their screw ups in a derogatory way, due to being P/O'd at the loss in efficiency.

Negative feedback doesn't help, as you can't learn on :FFS, MGTGD NOW (NEWBIE).

You can only really learn on: hey, (newbie), can you please move the GT to that gd you have gated? we can only go that way.

Dgs has a fair bit of FFS, and not enough Please. However, despite this, they are still one of the best clans in rs, because they ARE good at what they do. It's just harder to begni to learn what to do. i feel Dgs could use a little less efficiency, and a little more flexibilty, and understanding.

EoE:While EoE is a far smaller clan, this has both positive and negative effects.

There are far fewer people, which creates less opportunity for actual dungoneering, especially if you are in a different time-zone than other members. There are less floors going on, and probably more less experience people, as the keyers will want to take whatever they can get. More noobs=slower floor times=less efficiency. There is less variety of floors, and if you don't like someone, chances are you'll be stuck with them now and then.

now let's look at the positive side of the "small clan"

Because it is a small clan, everyone will know each other, to varying degrees. This means that in most floors, there will be one or two friends, who can potentially create the backbone of a team. Also, instead of there being people who are always keying, less people creates for more variety of keyers, because, people have to settle with who they have for keyer.

Also, because everyone has some knowledge of how to key, and how floors work, everyone can have a bit of understanding of each other. In addition, because everyone knows each other, they can trust, or at least rely on 1-2 members of each team.

Conclusion. In MY opinion, Dgs is better for those who are already good at dging, and want to minimise floor times.

Eoe is better for learning to dg, and actually enjoying dg.

Please note that i don't have anything against either clan, and I have attempted to portray both without Bias. I am a member of both clans, and have friends/floor in both.

81-102 dg with dgs, 102-108 with dgs/eoe.

TL:DR DG IS FUN IF YOU ARE IN A GOOD TEAM, AND WHICH SORT OF TEAM IS BEST IS UP TO YOU, BE IT UNDERSTANDING, OR EFFICIENCY.

Meamzed.

meamzed.png

Like Meamzed touched on, the worst part of DG is the social aspect. It's the first and only skill that requires you to group together to get the best XP rates, and most scapers are no doubt used to the solitary gameplay of overworld RS. So when they get thrown together, it can cause a lot of stress and anger.

If the solo DG XP rates were equal to slightly lower than group rates, I'd definitely prefer doing that, and most people would agree with me, I think.

noobs crowding hill giants? not on my watch

Like Meamzed touched on, the worst part of DG is the social aspect. It's the first and only skill that requires you to group together to get the best XP rates, and most scapers are no doubt used to the solitary gameplay of overworld RS. So when they get thrown together, it can cause a lot of stress and anger.

If the solo DG XP rates were equal to slightly lower than group rates, I'd definitely prefer doing that, and most people would agree with me, I think.

But then i can see group DG as non-existant, apart from a group of friends of course, but 90% of teams are artoficially made for 1 dungeon. And remember, 89% of all statistics are made up.