Riddle me this, Tip.It.

@Dudecrush8 has kindly written a riddle for us. The importance of it may not be immediately obvious, but it's important. ;)

The first person to PM me the correct answer to the riddle gets a custom member title of their choosing, and then the answer will be revealed to all...

If you found a hatch in the floor,

or stumbled across a dark wooden door.

What would you do to said thing

if the desired result was merely a swing?

A point, a pinprick in space

A thing you wouldn't want on your face.

The buggy little princess that feels,

And crawls all over your banana peels.

A friendly piece of advice,

Sought by those of great avarice,

The words given and meant to aid,

With absolutly no price to be paid.

The thing we had in stanza two,

we need another one in here too,

The earth appears like it in pale blue,

From six billion kilometers from you.

The word that could refer to a king,

A person, a place, or a thing,

It's pro at it to you see,

And cannot be heard by those who say 'ni!'

My God that was intense. Thanks, Killer.

Edit: I see that DarkDude, myself, and Hartlar who came close, are all from England - could it be that the 'ni' reference stumped our Americans, Dutch and so on? :P

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

It all makes sense now! I thought open was literally 'open' a new webpage so I tried spot.tip.it. :P

Was good fun, thanks for that. Website looks awesome as well. ;)

Ah unlucky then, you were very close.

Edit: I see that DarkDude, myself, and Hartlar who came close, are all from England - could it be that the 'ni' reference stumped our Americans, Dutch and so on? :P

The ni reference actually made it harder. With that there and reference to kings I had no idea what it was talking about. Without that I'd probably have gotten it quicker :P

The ni reference actually made it harder. With that there and reference to kings I had no idea what it was talking about. Without that I'd probably have gotten it quicker :P

Strange - the ni reference was the only thing I got straight away, followed quickly by the tip and open. The dot took me a while.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Strange - the ni reference was the only thing I got straight away, followed quickly by the tip and open. The dot took me a while.

I got Tip first and had a bunch of options for the first part (Open/Pull/Push) and had things such as Ant and Fly for the second part :D.

Then I suddenly got it and open made the most sense for the URL :P

With Ni there I was thinking of all things related to Camelot and King Arthur and things due to the King being mentioned there too, without Ni I'd probably have gotten it quicker.