Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
400 replies to this topic

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Tripsis

If you don't care enough about rs to play $6 a month, why in the world would you care about highscores ?

Also, what is the purpose of a business but to make money ? Jagex's goal isn't to be nice to people, it's to make money.

I understand businesses are about making money.. but if they're actually TAKING AWAY a feature from the F2P game, that would be a really desperate money-making move. Enough to suggest that they're not just money hungry, but low on money and need to get it anywhere they can.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

obfuscator
[ Display Name History ]

obfuscator

Tanned Caveman

• Members
  • 20,231 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
Wow. Awful high-scores update.

I understand removing inactive accounts, but come on...

polvCwJ.gif
"It's not a rest for me, it's a rest for the weights." - Dom Mazzetti

sohkmj1
[ Display Name History ]

sohkmj1

Ghost Cloak

• Members
  • 1,918 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:Stack
  • RSN2:sohkmj1
Seriously...? I can only hope that F2Pers get their own highscores page. This is simply not being fair to the F2Pers who put up with botting crap (which is far worse than P2P) for such a long time.

Crossed_Body
[ Display Name History ]

Crossed_Body

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,245 posts
  • RSN:Crossed Body
Posted Image

^Jagex
Posted Image

ilovecuttingyews
[ Display Name History ]

ilovecuttingyews

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,008 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
'Now you must have logged on in the last two months to see yourself on the highscore table.'
There you go Jagex, I just fixed the inactivity problem without alienating half of your users. You're welcome.

I have been a member many times in the past (probably a year total spread over like six), but I keep coming back to F2P because it feels more homely. While I don't play to gain ranks, it is nice to see how I stack up against others in the game. Now I can't do that when I'm F2P, even though I've put nearly $100 into this game?

Sinkhan
[ Display Name History ]

Sinkhan

Ex-Website Crew

• Members
  • 2,662 posts
I think a separate F2P highscore table would be reasonable; I don't see how it would be that difficult to implement and given how much harder it is to level skills in F2P, it's basically a different game anyway.

My condolences go out to all that had F2P blogs with progress trackers :(

In-regards to Wiki-style RS main page, I think it's a reasonable change, but it would be difficult to moderate. Both the RSKB and current RSWiki are filled with inaccuracies and sometimes poorly written articles. I'm interested in seeing how people qualify for Wiki updates.

The problem with Tip.it and other sites that cannot be freely edited is that they are relatively slow to update, although they are generally more accurate.

I will also openly admit that I primarily use the RSWiki for information since the search algorithm and format setup within wiki software is simply more robust and elegant than Tip.it's current Google search method.

Den
[ Display Name History ]

Den

Movie Director

• Members
  • 8,257 posts
  • RSN:Rainy
The highscores thing doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother many here. Probably because I've never cared about the highscores. :P

I'm looking forward to the Main Page update, and the wiki-area sounds very interesting. As long as blocking troll-accounts and the requirement to edit it is good enough, I think it's going to be very cool.

Of course I'll still use Tip.It, I'm here for the talk anyway. No calculators have pleased me as much as the ones Tip.It has either. It might be a hit for new players looking for fan-sites however. I can't say for certain.

Auror
[ Display Name History ]

Auror

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 772 posts
  • RSN:Don Auror

If you don't care enough about rs to play $6 a month, why in the world would you care about highscores ?

Bro, this is tip.it forums, not RSOF

Rainy_Day
[ Display Name History ]

Rainy_Day

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 8,968 posts
  • RSN:Duffman19910
  • RSN2:Yeahduffman
I've got to say, personally, the hi-scores becoming members only is very depressing. There are some very dedicated F2P players who have very good stats, and this is only taking away any glory they may have had.

Not a great move in my mind, and definitely not community-friendly.
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
RIP Michaelangelopolous

Zantareous
[ Display Name History ]

Zantareous

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 424 posts
> we will be making hi-scores a members-only feature

Posted Image

RuneScape/Jagex is officially stupid and dead.

Zanty.jpegsigquotes.png

Flyingjj
[ Display Name History ]

Flyingjj

Skeleton Shield

• Members
  • 1,181 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None
  • RSN:flyingjj
I must express my disapproval of removing F2P high scores. As said before, being F2P is a horrible indication of active playing.
Posted Image

Mirror
[ Display Name History ]

Mirror

Use Herring -> Tree

• Members
  • 7,247 posts
  • RSN:Mirrorforced
At first I was excited but now that I think about it, I'm worried. I dislike f2p getting kicked off for the sole reason of legit f2p accounts. I wonder how the RSOWiki will look like. Hope it isn't full of trolls.
A reflection is just a distorted reality held by glass and your mind.

Posted Image

Returnofmic
[ Display Name History ]

Returnofmic

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 562 posts
  • RSN:Ts Return
  • Clan:TeamSweden
Since my account is F2P, there are essentially no records of me ever having played?

Right. Well that seems marvellously fair, doesn't it?

Goodness sake JaGeX, I thought you could do better that this.

Posted Image

138 Combat as of Summer 2010 - Retired Summer 2010

Leik
[ Display Name History ]

Leik

Super Moderator

• Senior Moderator
  • 2,584 posts
  • RSN:Leik
That highscore update is incredibly stupid. Seems rather low, even for Jagex. However, I hope they fix the highscores a bit and make them viewable in just 1 page like on their old site, rather than having to scroll down multiple times to be able to view all of it.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Makoto_the_Phoenix
[ Display Name History ]

Makoto_the_Phoenix

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,997 posts
  • RSN:Makoto D

That highscore update is incredibly stupid. Seems rather low, even for Jagex. However, I hope they fix the highscores a bit and make them viewable in just 1 page like on their old site, rather than having to scroll down multiple times to be able to view all of it.

It may be. But Javascript trickery need not apply.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

@Dan3HitU
[ Display Name History ]

@Dan3HitU

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,304 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:3___Hit___U
  • RSN '07:3___Hit___U
If that's how the front page will look, I have one concern, the "Play Now" link/button may be hard-to-see for younger audiences that like things smack-bang in the middle, I'd suggest having a "Play Now" button right under the new RuneScape logo (which I think actually looks pretty nice).

HunterDexter
[ Display Name History ]

HunterDexter

Hobgoblin Killer

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
Hmmm, weren't they always bragging on how much time some F2P'ers invested into the game? Seems like money is becoming the sole reason of JaGex' excistance... (instead of providing a fun game)

Jonanananas
[ Display Name History ]

Jonanananas

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,308 posts
  • RSN:Jonanananas
  • Clan:World60pengs
Tbh, even if we say Jagex 100% only cares about money and nothing else(and on top of that say that we're okay with that), it's STILL stupid.

Runescape from the outside frankly, looks like a horrible game. Only if you have played it for a while you do understand why it's actually a great game. By continuing to deteriorate the F2P game, they essentially destroy their game in the long run. Sure, if you think simply, more membership incentives -> more members, but it doesn't work like that. Would you be the full version of a bad game? Obviously not. The same applies here. Of course member's runescape should be far superior, but f2p should still be a good game, just with less stuff to do. As said, for most players, you will actually spend months in f2p before you even think about getting members. If something in f2p makes you quit before you get to the stage of thinking about membership, that's one customer lost. And f2p runescape to a large portion consists of levels. There aren't that many activities to do. How in seven hells is a game centered around levels supposed to keep the broad mass of people playing if they can't compare themselves?

I personally don't give a damn about highscores...but I really understand the frustration of those affected, and can't put into words how stupid this move really was #-o

Kirschen
[ Display Name History ]

Kirschen

Varrock Guard

• Members
  • 1,446 posts
  • RSN:Kirschen
Does this mean stat sigs for f2pers won't work?

Unsure on my stance on making high scores solely for members, but I think those with 100m+ exp should be recognized for their hard work. Also, I dislike how they pushed back Wilderness graphics since it looked really interesting.

tripsis
[ Display Name History ]

tripsis

The Fuzz

• Administrators
  • 21,534 posts
  • RSN:Tripsis

Does this mean stat sigs for f2pers won't work?

Unsure on my stance on making high scores solely for members, but I think those with 100m+ exp should be recognized for their hard work. Also, I dislike how they pushed back Wilderness graphics since it looked really interesting.

Correct. F2P will not be able to use stat signatures or the tool on calculators that automatically retrieves their stats.
Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -
- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users