15-Nov-2011 - Coming Next Week: New Website!

tripsis

I really hope Jagex reconsider because this is just wrong. Removing f2p people from the hi-score lists after some months of inactivity would make more sense than this.

sig3j.jpg

If you have a goal, go for it :D Work hard, be proud and be yourself ;)

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow... F2p only highscores is a terrible idea

Yes there are old inactive accounts up on the highscores... But those people earned their places there, aside from sad losses to first 200m players, old inactive players like larryr who has been on the first page of runecraft for as long as I can remember, or 'the old nite' will just completely disappear from runescape.

It is not like the old nite is going to ever be renewing membership, but why should the account be completely removed from the runescape highscores.

It is basically saying, as you no longer pay us, your achievements no longer deserve to be recognized.

I am not a f2p player at all, and never interact with the f2p game, but still understand how much not being able to use runetracker and other stuff must suck.

Well said.

VJH7N9F.png

zuzmo.png 

Same old Jagex... One step forwards, two steps back. :blink:

I'm reminded of "Chutes and Ladders". They've made a huge climb to the near top, but then manage to get to the same slide that puts 'em back at square one every single time. :|

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, this is not anywhere near as game-changing so as to nullify the good work with bots, dicing and RWTing that's been done recently. Yes, this is an extremely poor idea that should be scrapped straight away, but it's not on the same scale. Hyberbole is only going to make us look irrational to Jagex, which is giving them enough reason for them to ignore us.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

You know the reason there are so few free players right now is because of bots...

No one wanted to put up competing with 600 bots on every world for resources, and now that they're gone all that's left is the fans. About a fifth of the people logged in are F2P now, I expect it to be an eighth pretty soon.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

wow... F2p only highscores is a terrible idea

Yes there are old inactive accounts up on the highscores... But those people earned their places there, aside from sad losses to first 200m players, old inactive players like larryr who has been on the first page of runecraft for as long as I can remember, or 'the old nite' will just completely disappear from runescape.

It is not like the old nite is going to ever be renewing membership, but why should the account be completely removed from the runescape highscores.

It is basically saying, as you no longer pay us, your achievements no longer deserve to be recognized.

I am not a f2p player at all, and never interact with the f2p game, but still understand how much not being able to use runetracker and other stuff must suck.

I agree. Players of old can not be forgotten. I don't know how I'd feel if Zezima, a huge motivation when I was a tiny level 3, got removed from the highscores or from the game altogether.

Player achievements must be honored.

You can be glad, Zezima is member and is working on 200M dungeoneering

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

The solution for stale people on the highscores would be an activity filter. People who no longer train/play could simply be removed, and added again if they start playing. Nice to see them admit its a marketing thing for once though. I mean, they had their silly excuse (with an obvious better solution), but they did come out and admit that they are hoping this will encourage membership. At least they are being honest about it.

Hell, why not have filters that players can toggle? Active F2P, Active P2P, inactive F2P, inactive P2P, all inactive, all active, so on, so forth. Have active P2P be the default.

Or at least make it so that you can look up the stats of any player, whether they're ranked or not. Never understood why they only let you see players' ranked stats, especially since adventurer's logs don't do the same.

Jagex made up a reason to remove f2p from the highscores... the reason they give does not justify the action taken at all. Hope to see this scrapped ASAP.

As for the wiki idea, I wonder how crappy it's going to be. On one hand, people like Oblivion may be able to create an article on max hit/dps calcs, on the other hand, people might be making dungeoneering guides that recommend arrows + warhammer + longsword binds.

Supporter of Zaros | Quest Cape owner since 22 may 2010 | No skills below 99 | Total level 2595 | Completionist Cape owner since 17th June 2013 | Suggestions

99 summoning (18th June 2011, previously untrimmed) | 99 farming (14th July 2011) | 99 prayer (8th September 2011) | 99 constitution (10th September 2011) | 99 dungeoneering (15th November 2011)

99 ranged (28th November 2011) | 99 attack, 99 defence, 99 strength (11th December 2011) | 99 slayer (18th December 2011) | 99 magic (22nd December 2011) | 99 construction (16th March 2012)

99 herblore (22nd March 2012) | 99 firemaking (26th March 2012) | 99 cooking (2nd July 2012) | 99 runecrafting (12th March 2012) | 99 crafting (26th August 2012) | 99 agility (19th November 2012)

99 woodcutting (22nd November 2012) | 99 fletching (31st December 2012) | 99 thieving (3rd January 2013) | 99 hunter (11th January 2013) | 99 mining (21st January 2013) | 99 fishing (21st January 2013)

99 smithing (21st January 2013) | 120 dungeoneering (17th June 2013) | 99 divination (24th November 2013)

Tormented demon drops: twenty effigies, nine pairs of claws, two dragon armour slices and one elite clue | Dagannoth king drops: two dragon hatchets, two elite clues, one archer ring and one warrior ring

Glacor drops: four pairs of ragefire boots, one pair of steadfast boots, six effigies, two hundred lots of Armadyl shards, three elite clues | Nex split: Torva boots | Kalphite King split: off-hand drygore mace

30/30 Shattered Heart statues completed | 16/16 Court Cases completed | 25/25 Choc Chimp Ices delivered | 500/500 Vyrewatch burned | 584/584 tasks completed | 4000/4000 chompies hunted

Same old Jagex... One step forwards, two steps back. :blink:

I'm reminded of "Chutes and Ladders". They've made a huge climb to the near top, but then manage to get to the same slide that puts 'em back at square one every single time. :|

Let's not get too far ahead of ourselves here, this is not anywhere near as game-changing so as to nullify the good work with bots, dicing and RWTing that's been done recently. Yes, this is an extremely poor idea that should be scrapped straight away, but it's not on the same scale. Hyberbole is only going to make us look irrational to Jagex, which is giving them enough reason for them to ignore us.

Mm, fair enough.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

The problem is these materials aren't going to be from Jagex.
Essentially it's going to be a fansite just like all the ones we have now except hosted by on Jagex servers. If all new players see this when they start playing will anyone even bother looking for a different resource? Jagex seems to be pushing for one big community which if successful will hurt other fansites and the communities they have built up. This won't improve game information at all, just make it so that players never have to leave runescape.com.

It won't improve access to information, indeed the information given will, arguably, be of even less quality than the RSKB currently provides... but players will engage less in information-seeking behaviour (i.e. looking for fansites)? I'm just not following the logic behind this assumption. :huh:

Delay on the website dicking around? C'mon it's like they take the last six months of the year off.

What a joke, the preview of the website looks like the same stupid ass thing we have now.

We all deserve a 50% discount in membership fees.

I am growing tired of funding their beer bash/runefest thing along with 6 months vacation each year.

Also, I am kinda surprised about the reaction here to removal of high scores from ftp.

Everybody, [bleep]es about how the game was ruined with skill capes and nobody plays the game for fun or community anymore.

Personally, I think they should remove all high scores.

It will be the best thing to happen to runescape.

Just think, it will help all the nutters with their inane goals of 200mil xp in every friggen thing get on with their life.

Imagine a runescape as a fun place, not the place where you piss your life down the drain to be #1.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

You can be glad, Zezima is member and is working on 200M dungeoneering

There was a time where he was not. And there will be a time where he will not again. My point is still valid.

He has been member since 2 days after it was actually possible to become member and he has been member non stop since then...

Iconic players like Zarfot and such for example will get removed tho.

So actually even if you're still the best player out there it doesn't matter any more.

Remarkeble for a game that calls itself the best Free MMORPG out there and actually claims RL cash shouldn't influence your status ingame or on the hiscores.

The solution for inactive players is to let them be. People will pass them up and feel good about themselves.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Hiscores members only for more competition? I know f2pers who are really in it with ranks and love to keep up with their progress with trackers... all tracking sites for f2p will show 0 xp in every skill... Very bad move from Jagex imo. :thumbdown:

w3bi.png

7ahl.pngZr.png1buy.png

eblo.png

Guest jrhairychest

I'm glad I found League of Legends, it's a much better free game than Runescape :thumbup:

For this reason I refuse to give any money to Jagex, they don't deserve any of the money they have right now.

This pretty much sums up the attitude of F2P for me. Now that Jagex is taking away things it's spit the dummy out time. Considering what they gave you and others for free for so long it's not suprising that you and numerous others repay that with contempt. The only mistake Jagex made on this issue was to let players play for free with an unlimited time scale. No idea why you're stating you refuse to give money to Jagex because I don't think you've ever given money to them have you? *Hint hint*

I'm glad I found League of Legends, it's a much better free game than Runescape :thumbup:

For this reason I refuse to give any money to Jagex, they don't deserve any of the money they have right now.

This pretty much sums up the attitude of F2P for me. Now that Jagex is taking away things it's spit the dummy out time. Considering what they gave you and others for free for so long it's not suprising that you and numerous others repay that with contempt. The only mistake Jagex made on this issue was to let players play for free with an unlimited time scale. No idea why you're stating you refuse to give money to Jagex because I don't think you've ever given money to them have you? *Hint hint*

He did, he tried members on an other account.

What will fix this problem is just to ask money for services, like 1dollar/euro/pound (w/e) per month for an active f2p being in the highscores.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

I would really appreciate it if someone from Jagex came along and elaborated their reasoning for the removal of f2p highscores, because a lot of people clearly aren't happy, both with the reasons and the action itself.

Also, here's something that's bothering me; why are these details being announced ahead of time, outside a BTS? This doesn't normally happen, and I don't remember them announcing it like this last time there was a page overhaul. The only reason I can think of would be because they want our feedback before they do it. That's my little bit of optimism about this for now.

~ W ~

sigzi.png

Jagex made up a reason to remove f2p from the highscores... the reason they give does not justify the action taken at all. Hope to see this scrapped ASAP.

As for the wiki idea, I wonder how crappy it's going to be. On one hand, people like Oblivion may be able to create an article on max hit/dps calcs, on the other hand, people might be making dungeoneering guides that recommend arrows + warhammer + longsword binds.

One thing is certain, Im sticking to tip.it.

No matter how good the information is on the RSOW(did I just coin that?), That information can only come from people who know what they are talking about, and those people are already in fan-sites like tip.it.

The best information I can get is already at my fingertips, I dont need more people telling me to bind longswords when searching for when to switch from a 2h to a battleaxe.

mlpfim20percentcoolersi.jpg

I'm a Brony and proud of it!

Is anyone happy with with the highscores change? Just wondering.

I can assure you no non-members are.

A lot of members aren't very happy about it either.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I just can't believe how dense they can be over there. Is there a Mod Herp and Mod Derp over there we don't know about?

What happened to Deathknell?

Couldn't get my pass to be sent to me. Dunno why, never worked. So just created a new account. It's still me. Same short legs, same boobs, and same forked tongue. :)

And Will, no they won't. They'd have to explain themselves. With this, they can just say something and then ignore us.

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!