Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Articultural

Quick note: You can't usse self checkout for RSM cards. They need to be activated, which can only be done by a store member, to prevent them being stolen. (or something like tat)

Still, I just bought a card for a friend, but ITS MINE NOW.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

• Replies 370
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New items for people who use a more expensive way of purchasing membership (compared to credit cards) :roll: :wink:

How much a month are those cards?

I pay by sms and that's €9.50 a month.

Also isn't this RWT?

Shall I bring up the pixel art contest which went against their RWT rule, but they allowed it "that one time only"?

Might as well just scratch RWT off their rules list. While you're at it, white-out botting as being illegal as well, as they clearly don't give a [bleep].

Might as well scratch off bans as a form of punishing an account while we're at it. Perm mutes so they pay for membership instead?! Heck, the bots never talk anyway. Also, add a "Buying Gold" option to QuickChat so we don't lose those customers either. Furthermore, sell gold directly from the RuneScape website and have moderators be the middlemen, more profit dis way.

Click for My Blog

Runescapew44.png

b3e1cfada6.png

670th to 99 Smithing July 21st, 07 |743rd to 99 Mining November 29th, 07 | 649th to 99 Runecrafting May 18th, 08 | 29,050th to 99 Defence October 20th, 08 | 20,700th to 99 Magic November 8, 08 | 47,938th to 99 Attack December 19, 08 | 37,829th to 99 Hitpoints December 24, 08 | 68,604th to 99 Strength February 4, 09 | 27,983rd to 99 Range February 9, 09 | 9,725th to 99 Prayer June 8, 09 | 6,620th to 99 Slayer December, 12 09 | 4,075th to 99 Summoning December, 28 09 | 3,551th to 99 Herblore February 24, 10 | 3,192th to 99 Dungeoneering November 11, 10 | 146,600th to 99 Cooking December 29th, 10 | 11,333rd to 99 Construction June 7th, 11 | 16,648th to 99 Farming August 1st, 11 | 19,993th to 99 Crafting August 2nd, 11 | 89,739th to 99 Woodcutting Janurary 1st, 12 | 55,424th to 99 Fishing May 9th, 12| 60,648th to 99 Firemaking May 12th, 12 | 16666th to 99 Agility May 17th, 2012 | 24476th to 99 Hunter June 1st, 2012 | 57,881st to 99 Fletching June 1st, 2012 | All 99s June 1st, 2012 | 3183th to 120 Dungeoneering July 24th, 2012 | 2341st to 2496 Total level July 24th, 2012 | Completionist Cape July 24th, 2012

Sooo instead of paying easily by card online, we have to cancel our membership, drive to a store, pay MORE money than we already are, and in return get the embaressment of actually purchasing one of these things, before then driving home again to see some crappy katana sitting in our bank that will, when wielded, ilicit mocking from all members of the Runescape community. Yknow what Jagex? [bleep]ing wonderful idea :)

EDIT: Also not announcing it on their main page was just... wow... All time low much, they've obviously had so much fun copying Farmville (8realms) that they think we should all share :)

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

They may not have announced this, but they have started advertising it on the main page.

rscardad2.png

Apparently Jagex felt they needed to limit the offer even further, it seems to only be available in the US and only with 90-day cards. :wall:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

"3. Why is the promotion not available in my country?

We work hard to ensure that promotions are available in all countries that sell RuneScape Game Cards. In some instances this is not always achievable, as we rely on retailers to help support the promotion. This may mean promotions are either delayed or unavailable."

Gotta give it to Jagex, they really do work hard; to not manage to distribute these things to the SAME COUNTRY as they work in must take a LOT of negotiation...

tifsiggy.jpg

Thanks to Quarra for the awesome sig!

Xbox360 Gamertag = Tintin113

FAQ came out, pasted relevant part.

"Why were the vanity items not announced via a newspost?"

Mod Nexus: They were not officially announced as the promotion hasnt been launched yet. Watch this space!

"Why did you make vanity items only attainable through game cards? Will they be available via other methods of payment?"

Mod Nexus: The Katana is going to be used for a promotional period with game cards to begin with; and will be used for other offers in the future (including other payment methods).

"How long will the Katana offer be available for?"

Mod Nexus: The Katana can and will be used for future promotional offers, but they will not run 365 days of the year.

"Why do short-term game cards qualify for the katana, whereas loyal members that pay for year-long subscriptions get nothing?"

Mod Nexus: As mentioned above, other offers and promotions will become available. Also, dont forget about the upcoming Members Loyalty program!

"Is this the beginning of introducing micro transactions to the game?"

Mod Nexus: This isnt a micro transaction. You are paying for membership and a whole host of other benefits. A micro transaction would be give us $2 and well give you a cabbage (regardless of free or members).

Please note, a separate FAQ will be posted once the promotion has been launched (June 20th).

Hameigh.png

"3. Why is the promotion not available in my country?

We work hard to ensure that promotions are available in all countries that sell RuneScape Game Cards. In some instances this is not always achievable, as we rely on retailers to help support the promotion. This may mean promotions are either delayed or unavailable."

Gotta give it to Jagex, they really do work hard; to not manage to distribute these things to the SAME COUNTRY as they work in must take a LOT of negotiation...

You think they tried.... haha silly goose, they don't try to please customers! They add stuff to the game for a limited amount of people, which makes everyone else go mad.

Me and the wise old man go way back.... he was a foolish boy back then.

My crystal armour idea.

They may not have announced this, but they have started advertising it on the main page.

rscardad2.png

Apparently Jagex felt they needed to limit the offer even further, it seems to only be available in the US and only with 90-day cards. :wall:

The ad should read 'power to the payers'

Currently - Slaying to 99!

Monkeyannie.pngMonkeyannie.png

[hide=Drops]Notable drops-

Dragon- 10 Platelegs / 3 Med Helms / 10 Plateskirts / 1 Spear / 3 Left Halves / 4 Claws / 3 Ruined Armour Lumps / 200+ Boots / 3 Pickaxes

Godwars- 1 Bandos Chestplate / Shard 1 / Shard 2 / 4 Sets of ancient robes

Barrows- 250M+ LOOT Including 10 Spears (back in the day) / Guthans spear and Dharoks helm in 1 chest (at the time it was worth 8M, a big deal to many people then lol) / 8 Guthans helms / 3 Dharoks helms / 4 Veracs Helms / etc.

Other Slayer stuff- Whips 20 / Dark Bows 3 / Granite Mauls 20 / Ranging Ammys 6 / 1 Visage (steel dragons) / 40+ effigies

I play on and off. I'll play the game solidly for a month then quit for the next 3, lol.[/hide][/size]

rscardad2.png

The ad should read 'power to the payers'

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

VsaJs.jpg

Dear Jagex,

Please take your loyalty Reward Bull**** and Shove it up your ass.

I've been loyal for 6 years, not to mention we don't need more decorative "bronze-rune" garbage amour and weapons.

How about devoting less time to garbage updates and send these people to help with quests that have been "loyally" waiting 5+ years to finish *cough*elves*Cough*

Yes I am mad, but not just about this, some irl stuff and needed to vent a bit

/Ragerant

xSoulgazer

Elysian Sigil ---- 11/24/10 ---- 550M

It's easily the dumbest thing I've seen from this company. Why do something that alienates item collectors around the world?

It's just freakin' pathetic.

Linux User/Enthusiast Full-Stack Software Engineer | Stack Overflow Member | GIMP User
s1L0U.jpg
...Alright, the Elf City update lured me back to RS over a year ago.

amazing isnt it, didnt this kick into overdrive in like last December or something, it looks like its we're backtracking on everything important that made runescape unique, Im making the prediction here that next we'll see a full downloadable client written in like c++ or something with J-ex a new scriptish tab/window/frame to give easy convenient access to various commonly used actions

I suppose only time will tell

... hmm, perhaps we should interrogate time :-?

Anyone got some rope?

if the world didn't suck, we'd all fly off into space

never have a battle of wits with a fool, they'll only bring you down to their level and beat you with expierience

I wouldn't actually mind if they added microtransactions for useless cosmetic items in game.

But just claiming it's a promotional thing that is only possible to be used in Gamestop stores in the US? That just pisses me off.

I'm not an efficienado.

You know, I stopped playing RS at the end of May for reasons completely unrelated to my dis-satisfaction with Jagex... and [bleep] me, the more I see this month, the happier I am that I did.

On the other hand, I kind of wish I was still a member just so I'd have more of a right to complain about this [cabbage].

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

inb4 Team RuneTress 2

You see that $7 hat they are selling in a $10 game? Wat.

The whole katana thing is dumb. They are just trying to milk the customers for more money. When micro-transactions are implemented, I'm leaving.

Cancelling membership with debit card to get that katana, like $4 extra bucks for the three months total.

The fact that I'd probably lose the old membership price of $5, an extra dollar every month after that.

fizzzard.png

66,275th to 99 Cooking 73,802nd to 99 Fletching 8,839th to 99 Smithing 71,320th to 99 Magic

alivepeople.png

What a waste of time.

This is just another step toward the boiling frog metaphor. We really are getting closer to real micro-transactions. (This technically is a form of microtransaction. From a certain perspective, you're paying for an item, the membership is a plus.) This will broaden yet another section in the black market for goods like this under account trading. People do, and will, pay for something like this that they couldn't have at first.

As for those who pay 3.90 a month and expect more for your loyalty, be grateful it's still 3.90. Heh.

Not worth it to cancel membership and pay out the nose for a low-level item.

Prepare to Die! Path of Exile RPG

1emk2e.png

"Think where man's glory most begins and ends, and say my glory was I had such friends." Yeats