Articultural

Vanity Items - RS Prepaid cards and Ornate Katana

Seriously, the vanity items offers need to stop. They're implying acts of desperation and give the message you're focusing on profit than players. Yes, the economy is a bit messy, but this is a bad way to do things.

Maybe not stop, but just make them more available to people who wither can't or don't buy game cards from specific stores. I for one wouldn't mind if they released the katana/green skin as a loyalty reward, but people who subscribed with the cards get it as a free bonus.

The turkey hat, however, is more deserving of being killed with fire than anything. Especially when they could have made it one of those pilgrim hats, like the one the turkey hat is wearing.

cardbonuses.png

Anyone posted this yet?

"A hat-wearing turkey, or a turkey wearing a hat?"

35b9enp.jpg

It. Never. Ends.

The greed.

I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles

php1CLVGLAM.jpg

At least the katana looks nice when you're wielding it. That is just an eyesore. :???:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

cardbonuses.png

Anyone posted this yet?

"A hat-wearing turkey, or a turkey wearing a hat?"

Is the man wearing the turkey or the turkey wearing the man? Shakespear asked.

It. Never. Ends.

The greed.

It'll end when a company no longer aims to profit.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If they're gonna do this shameless shilling, couldn't they spend a little extra time and make them look cool? That thing looks like shit. <_<

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

It. Never. Ends.

The greed.

It's greedy to want to draw more people into the member game? I hope that some of you guys and gals never go into business. Special promotional offers are not new within the MMO market, nor a foreign business practice. I really do think that some of you would prefer Jagex not do anything to try to increase membership.

Let me rephrase for them.

The. Hypocritical. Behavior. Of. Saying. One. Thing. And. Doing. Another. Never. Ends. :rolleyes:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

I think maybe Jagex should make a new membership status, and have Free to play, members, and the new such as Gold members. Gold members get these new vanity items, new areas in the game, new gold member quests, and only way to get Gold membership is to buy game cards...

I think maybe Jagex should make a new membership status, and have Free to play, members, and the new such as Gold members. Gold members get these new vanity items, new areas in the game, new gold member quests, and only way to get Gold membership is to buy game cards...

Please, don't give them any ideas like that. :ohnoes:

Please, don't give them any ideas like that. :ohnoes:

Hate to say it, but: this.

Not everyone can buy game cards. Ifsomething like this WERE to happen, there would have to bean option to add an extra £1.50 a month or something.... But even then. No. Don't go there Jagex.... :ohnoes: :ohnoes: :ohnoes:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

oh, precisely what i need! o wait.. i already have 300 days left...

tbh, jagax, work on new content for everyone! no real new player cares about the free items :S atm ppl are buying more membership than they can use X) and those like me who has bout 1 year, don't feel like buying so much extra :S

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

It's getting ridiculous now. If you got the turkey hat then this "offer" overlaps.

No rewards for people like me who have had a recurring payment non stop since 2007

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

they could give the items to the rest of p2p, like 2 months after? or make them com to loyalty point shop after the campaign? I really want that katana..

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Tbf they SHOULD make all the membership vanity items available to ALL membership types. I certainly wouldn't object to throw an extra month onto the end of my membership via paypal to get them, but game cards are like impossible for me to get.

This ice mask is ugly, but 6 for the price of 4? I'll take tht ta muchly. Got membs til sept 2012 now.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

If the fine print is to be believed, they did learn something. This is available to credit card/paypal subscribers.

Still nothing for recurring memberships, of course, but it's 'progress'.

I'm perfectly happy paying my current monthly rate at 4.60 - buying a bulk of 6 months would be pointless.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

If the fine print is to be believed, they did learn something. This is available to credit card/paypal subscribers.

Still nothing for recurring memberships, of course, but it's 'progress'.

Not really learnt anything.

Sure this one doesn't exclude people unable to get game cards, but why do they have game cards?

Because not everyone can pay by credit card or paypal; so they are jsut excluding thoose people this time.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Not really learnt anything.

Sure this one doesn't exclude people unable to get game cards, but why do they have game cards?

Because not everyone can pay by credit card or paypal; so they are jsut excluding thoose people this time.

Hence 'Progress'. With the single quotes. :razz:

Yet another one... <_<

icemask.png

At least it's got a rebate. If you see yourself playing for the next 6 months, then paying for 4 months and getting 6 is a good deal.

2480+ total

I actually don't mind the new offer. All it is really, is a discount of two months and I mean the item is just a bonus to me. I'll probally never use it but as I normally wait last minute to buy membership I normally end up using my phone because I don't have a credit card nor a store that sells game cards reasonably close. $10 a pop, Bam. ..But convient. This offer gives me 6 months ($60 my cost) for 24 and change using paypal. Thats a savings of $36 off or over three months free. Pretty awesome, no?

Also for you long term monthly members, You save money every month, Do you not? I would think this would be as big or bigger of an advantage over an 'ugly mask' that you probally wouldn't use anyways. Thats pretty awesome as well, I think. Also there is nothing stopping you from accepting this offer either as far as I know. A friend of mine pays by monthly credit card payments and now I from what I get he hasn't lost his discount except hes paid for the next six months before it comes off again. So I don't get the negative part to be honest. Jagex has done some shifty things recently involving things in the past although I do not believe this is truly one of them. For those of you who already have a year or even half a year and don't want to re-up I can see being fustrated although this offer still would effect the majority of players.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

offer cool katana, sell stupid cards

offer stupid mask, sell normal membership

umad members?

something seems off about this mask though

derp.png

8f14270694.jpg

Wow that mask is hideous. Maybe it looks better when reversed on the normal side.

2480+ total