How quickly do you type?

champion

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For some reason, my WPM is terrible on the tests and yet I am way faster when it comes to deciding what I want to type/topic.

The most I got was 72WPM in a computer tech class in Freshman year of High School, but I was doing the "improper way" (not typing certain keys with the "right fingers"), which was a lot faster than when I did it the way the teacher expected.

Also, I'm not really mad.

typing.jpg

I'm sure I could do better - I might go again :P

For some reason, my WPM is terrible on the tests and yet I am way faster when it comes to deciding what I want to type/topic.

I know what you mean. I'm loads faster when I'm thinking about what I want to type and then typing it vs looking at something else and trying to type that.

EDIT: Take two (different script):

typing2.jpg

Edited by tripsis

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

That test I scored 65 WPM, but I don't think I do so good on tests I type. I sort of do inverted touch typing. I tend to use just two fingers and stare at the keyboard without looking up and then I type much faster, probably close to your 90 odd WPM score; thought obviously this cannot transfer to tests as you have to look at the screen in order to do the typing so it can only really test the childish typing of looking between screen and keyboard and proper touch typing. As others mentioned I think they thinking about what you want to write and not trying to read and copy also speeds you up as it becomes sort of a direct action of brain to movement opposed to vision to brain to processing it to movement.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I had 51 WPM, but I can type way faster if I know what the words are in my head before I type them. My conscious streams of thought are way faster than predetermined sentences. I won't argue with the word accuracy though. Sometimes I feel like I have dyslexia lol.

Anyone who likes tacos is incapable of logic.

Anyone who likes logic is incapable of tacos.

PSA: SaqPrets is an Estonian Dude

Steam: NippleBeardTM

Origin: Brand_New_iPwn

typing.jpg

I'm sure I could do better - I might go again :P

I know what you mean. I'm loads faster when I'm thinking about what I want to type and then typing it vs looking at something else and trying to type that.

In my case, my WPM drops *drastically* when it comes to the tests (rather noticeable too). Also, your WPM is just amazing.

EDIT: 57 WPM (62 with 5 errors) on Oz setting. Will wait awhile since I do worse on the 2nd time since I type like a madman. It was rather fun.

Tripsis...just holy shit. Replace your keyboard often?

I got 61 wpm, with 8 errors, which sounds about right, so 53 wpm, which again is about right. I might type a bit faster when I think up the words myself, but I also pause to think. I never learned to touch type either. I learned to type by playing runescape. If you type enough, you start to remember where the keys are, but my fingers don't follow the right patterns or stick on the right keys (I know how your supposed to do it. I normally only use 3 fingers on my right hand, and mostly two on my left (my left ring finger handles the A key, and not much else). My pinkies only get used for the shift key. I also don't bother to always use the same fingers for the same keys, it kinda depends on where my hand is on the keyboard, so I guess all that is slowing me down lol.

But yeah. Wow Tripsis. Just wow.

I've got a nice durable one :mrgreen:

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

I got 68 on the Astronauts... but that test sucked with its numbers, names and random punctuation. I was up to 85 on Wizard of Oz when I bumped my trackpad and my browser went away.

Oh yeah, I'm lying down on my laptop, perhaps I'd be better with proper posture on a desktop, sitting upright?

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

Acting so humble when you could be God's computer programmer if you wanted too. Oh how I envy you. :(

Curious, which theme did you pick on both tests, tripsis?

Acting so humble when you could be God's computer programmer if you wanted too. Oh how I envy you. :(

Curious, which theme did you pick on both tests, tripsis?

The first one was "Tigers in the Wild." For the second time I chose "The Enchanted Typewriter."

Posted Image

The tests deffo gotta play a part in final wpm Wizard of Oz I did worse than test rules, because the dated and oddly placed punctuation in wizard of oz made me keep stumbling to find the right keys; what don't help is continually moving from mac to windows so the punctuations moves around a bit.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Yeah, it's weird. Not only the subject is different, but the way it was written makes it conflict with the typing style you are used to.

I think I'll try "Tigers in the Wild" in a few minutes. Will post results after it.

61 and 3, so 58 adjusted on "Astronauts".

~60WPM is about where I peaked during my typing class back in grade 9, and apparently I haven't gotten much better. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...