How quickly do you type?

champion

80 WPM with my pointy fingers. I would argue that I type at the most ideal speed for a human being. Any faster and your eyes wouldn't be able to catch all the mistakes. Or maybe you're just a cheater.

And I can consistently break 110 WPM by just typing. I just have fast fingers. I play StarCraft, see?

I was going to eat hot dogs for dinner tonight. I think I will settle for cereal.

OPEN WIDE HERE COMES THE HELICOPTER.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel like I actually try during typing tests. I type easily tens of thousands of characters per day on a daily basis as part of my job and I don't really try to go fast. Generally, I make very very few typos in my "regular" typing activities but I still assert that the vast majority of people have a natural tendency to try harder than usual during tests like these (reaction tests as well, though I find I tend to react faster when I just sit back and relax rather than focusing intently on the screen).

Follow my road to 5.6/Gold Reaper/True Trim - DAT BLOG

Is there any point to typing any faster than 100wpm, though? Unless the job role is data input, I can't see any practical uses for anything beyond 100.

In response to the natural tendency to try harder; I find that I type at a better pace if I don't 'try' to type fast, as making the effort is likely to cause more typing mistakes due to poorly allocating concentration.

Is there any point to typing any faster than 100wpm, though?

It's the same as if you could bench press 400lbs or own a car that goes 200mph - bragging rights. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Is there any point to typing any faster than 100wpm, though? Unless the job role is data input, I can't see any practical uses for anything beyond 100.

Isn't that a bit relative though? The only reason I said 80 was the ideal typing speed was to make the point that there is no "ideal typing speed". :P

My best was at 45 WPM. I'm just so slow... :mellow:

35bvvh1.png

[hide=Quotes]

Albel/Justin

Albel doesn't say anything anymore, just comes in, leaves an arrow and vanishes into the night :(Probably
practising some euphonium

You nearly had me fooled, you fooler you

Euphonium/10.

9/10. To me, always associate Albel with musical stuff in OT.

Everyone with a goatee and glasses is Albel now.

lmfao albel m8 wat r u doin, hi though.

[/hide]

[hide=Runescape Achievements]99 firemaking(2007), 99 woodcutting(2008), 99 fletching(2009), 99 magic(2010), 99 cooking(2010), 99 farming(2011), 99 construction(2011), 99 runecrafting(2012), 99 Hunter (2014),  99 ranged (2015), 99 HP (2015), 99 Slayer (2015), 99 attack (2015) 99 Defense (2015) 99 Prayer (2015) 99 Summoning (2015) 99 Strength(2015) 99 Herblore (2015) 99 Dungeoneering (2017)  99 Mining (2017) 99 Crafting (2017) 99 Smithing (2017) 99 Thieving (2017)  99 invention (2017) 99 Fishing (2018), 99 Divination (2018), 99 Agility (2018), MAXED (05/17/2018)[/hide]

63 words per minute with 100% accuracy. Meh.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

i scored 28 wpm, my typing is alot faster when i don't have to read it tho :S but even then i would probably put it at 50wps :(

50wps

128830047172460832.jpg

I'm connecting my brain strait to the keyboard using a USB 3.0 connection :shades:

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

I have a weird style of only using my index fingers to type, I sometimes hit space with my thumb and I use my left pinky to hit the shift button.

Still type pretty quick and don't need to look at the keyboard to type, but it helps if I do of course.

Type around 75 wpm which is pretty good. My accuracy could use some work but thats because I havn't had to do much typing recently so I'm out of pracrice i guess.

Doomy edit: I like sheep

• 2 weeks later...