Runescape Discussion: Why do you play?

Kilo

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been play around 10 years, I've never quit, but I've not played for months at a time due to travelling & other activitys. When I first started RuneScape was my first MMO, it was amazing to me, just loved every aspect. What I've never done is really trained a skill.

Trouble is with me, if I don't like it I won't do it. As I say 10 years or so, with 170 days played is pretty good, in that time I've done so much with my life it's unreal. The games always been something I can't quit, but it's something I can stop playing for long periods of time if I get bored.

But even when I don't play, I'll always jump on for updates or holiday events & that's when I tend to start playing again, I'll enjoy an update & get back into the game again.

• 2 weeks later...

@RoswellCrash, 10 year vet here too! :thumbup:

Regarding the original post and question...

I play for fun and escapism.

Gone are the days where Runescape was competitive, due to effigies and the fact that if you have money, you can buy skills through cannonballs & effigy camping.

2vuhgcn.png

• 2 weeks later...

I Played generally because this game was so entertaining. I basically quit only because I didn't have enough time to continue playing - due to job and real life issues. Most people quit because they're either bored with it or annoyed.

I've played for nearly 10 years now. I was already an adult when I first started playing so I was past the stage in my life of wanting to go out every night and spent most evenings at home anyway.

My husband started playing and he played so much that I thought if I played too it might be a good way to do something together instead of just having separate hobbies. I had never really been into gaming and runescape was the first mmo I played. I loved it. I found it to be fun and a relaxing escape while still having a social aspect to it.

It has never been something I felt addicted to and I can't remember ever choosing runescape over a real life commitment or social event. It is just a fun hobby. Sometimes other adults will look at me funny when I tell them I play but these are the same people who sit and watch TV every night so I don't really see the difference. At least I am interacting with people. I have to agree with Blyaunte, it is a good way to socialize for those of us who have small children and who can't or don't go out all that much. I have made some very good friends who are now friends in game and/or outside of the game. For a long time I was an admin on another fansite which was a good way to meet people and work with them as well.

As far as my play style goes, I like to work at a few goals at a time so I can alternate and not get bored with one. I am not a power skiller by any means and I only have one 99. I just play when I want to and work on what I can. I play a couple hours here and there, not every night, and I do other hobbies and activities as well. For the last couple years I didn't play much at all since I was playing another mmo but recently I have come back and found rs to be a lot of fun once again.

zillah.png

I know I have a fickle heart and a bitterness and a wandering eye and a heaviness in my head.

It's an old familiar friend.

Well kinda an old friend with a huge makeover and a new obnoxious personality...

Anyhow, despite all the things that Jagex gives me to [bleep] about they still aren't bottom of the barrell like some outfits.

(FYI, HoN by S2 is definitely at the top of my shit list since it's like the only game I have ever been banned from...)

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol