22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

Hmm, looks like exploiting f2p has been shot in the foot. Given you can still kill trade, the only way is with unnoted expensive items. Unless I'm mistaken, that's only with rares which I doubt will happen. Normal players looking to make pures can still get their "donation" so there shouldn't be too many complaints. Time to see how it'll pan out.

nukemarine.png

Learn how to Learn Japanese on your own - Nukemarine's Suggested Guide for Beginners in Japanese
Stop Forgetting Stuff for College and Life - Anki - a program which makes remembering things easy
Reach Elite Fitness - CrossFit

I just went up over 500k ranks in Woodcutting :thumbsup:

Great work on the trade restrictions though. I don't think that's anything that would prevent new players from starting the game (though there might be some other reasons, of course) But i hope they will give up on the stance that f2p is a separate game - it's turning more and more into a demo, but imo there's nothing wrong with that.

Patch notes if you want to read:

Graphical:

Katrine from the Shield of Arrav quest now holds her dagger correctly.

Some banners near Al Kharid have been fixed.

Aquanite projectiles no longer render through everything.

Desert sandstorms no longer have shadows.

A bed in Paterdomus no longer flickers.

A building in Port Sarim now looks connected to its wooden supports.

The Asgarnian goldmine area no longer has flickering issues around the edges of the mine.

Water on the Lunar Isle has been made to look less flat.

The red floor marker from the Evil Twin random event now appears in any graphical mode.

An archer in Lumbridge now holds his bow correctly.

The Curse of Arrav dungeon no longer has flickering issues.

Some wall kits in Burgh de Rott no longer appear to be floating.

The minimap near the Mage Training Arena is now less turquoise.

White Robin Hood hats no longer look so grey in Photo Booth pictures.

Flickering issues in low detail modes around the Grand Exchange have been fixed.

A missing wall in a tower in Lumbridge has been replaced.

Quests:

The One Piercing Note investigator’s notebook, hymn book, and lyric sheet are all now contained in a Player Owned House bookcase.

The investigator's notebook now contains all of the clues from One Piercing Note after the quest is completed.

Citharede Requiem is now sorted correctly on the music interface.

A chest in Perils of Ice Mountain now opens towards the player.

Skills & Minigames:

Dominion Tower weapons now have slightly more charges before crumbling, and the crossbow has been given a ranged strength boost.

The goliath gloves’ special attack no longer blinds the wielder.

Some capitalisation has been fixed on The Everlasting and The Illusive’s fight in Dominion Tower.

Dreadnips now function better in multiway combat.

The description for Flambeed in Dominion Tower has been updated to prevent confusion about what the ice gloves do.

The Untouchable's sound effects have all been updated.

It is no longer possible to spam audio during chat with Arrav in Dominion Tower.

Karamel now restores players' Dungeoneering stat after the battle.

A typo on "Telekinesis" has been fixed in Dominion Tower.

A second copy of a Barrows brother will no longer appear in the tunnels if there is one already spawned nearby.

It is no longer possible to use an aura in a duel.

Performing the "Yes" emote is no longer considered repetitive during a Circus event.

Barbarian Assault, The Great Orb Project, and Shades of Mort'ton now have minimap "minigame" icons.

Placing a Dominion Marker no longer allows you into the Stealing Creation waiting areas.

Dominion Markers can now be freely taken into Soul Wars and Castle Wars.

Several bosses in Dominion Tower that regenerate (such as Count Draynor) now give no combat XP after they've regenerated several times.

Several potion effects are now cancelled on entering a "No potions" Dominion Tower match.

Dominion Tower XP books are no longer bankable.

Completing an endurance Dominion Tower fight now plays the correct boss death animation.

Other:

The White Knight store can now be accessed via a handy "Trade" option.

The cutscene music from Love Story has been added to the music interface.

Using unpoisoned javelins, knives or darts, whilst having a single item in the players quiver after summoning any familiar, will no longer cause players to poison NPCs.

Overload potion timers are no longer delayed when an interface is opened.

Clan vexillums can now be taken onto Entrana.

Ilfeen will now recognise that you have enough money to recharge your Crystal bow when you have more than enough coins.

Sir Tiffy now recognises the correct spelling of "Triumvirate".

Using a bonecrusher whilst using falconry will now calculate the required free inventory spots correctly.

Drinking barbarian potions now drinks from the slot that was clicked.

A lantern outside the Edgeville general store no longer moves players off of it.

The amulet of zealots is no longer referred to as the amulet of hopelessness in the skill advance guide.

Akrisae's mace now degrades at the correct rate.

Dungeoneering surgeboxes and blastboxes now have a "Check charges" option when equipped. They can also now be left-click equipped.

The Living on Borrowed Time emote can no longer be used whilst waiting for a Great Orb Project game to start.

Selecting a note on the notes tab is slightly less laggy.

It is now possible to use mouse-cam during a Court case.

Zanaris choirs are no longer considered followers.

Crafting a wooden knot is now counted as gaining XP in the crafting skill for the Jack of Trades aura.

The skill advance guide for Runecrafting now reports the correct level for Dungeoneering blastboxes.

Dragonbane arrows and bolts now function correctly on all kinds of Frost dragon.

The Drunken Dwarf no longer appears inside bank booths at the Grand Exchange.

Several more NPCs have been given left-click attack. This includes Pest Control NPCs, skeletal wyverns, and the Chaos Elemental.

The Advisor System and related micro-tutorials have been removed from the game.

• Like 1

EDIT : THE ADVISOR BUTTON IS GONE OH GOD YESSSSSSSS

Why is that so great? I loved it, was a nice quick access to the forums or to be logged in on the homepage. It was nice. :(

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

How come mining golds gets a custom clan logo?

clanmotif.png

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

I am alright with the new interface change, but can't seem to understand why people make a giant deal out of those changes when they'll end up getting used to them within a week tops. As for the trade restrictions, I am glad they are continuing to patch up the hole they mostly covered with botting.

Of course, my opinion of their Hiscore change hasn't altered one bit.

Overall, mostly good week. Still waiting for the new dungeon.

EDIT : THE ADVISOR BUTTON IS GONE OH GOD YESSSSSSSS

Why is that so great? I loved it, was a nice quick access to the forums or to be logged in on the homepage. It was nice. :(

The site/forum login process is now much smoother nand quicker, so not really a problem.

"Overload potion timers are no longer delayed when an interface is opened. "

Even without going into the hideous new site and interface, this is enough to ruin the update for me :(

safersbanner.png

Play Safe! smile.gif - Got useful information for the tip.it website? Post here!

Hey look guys, the hiscores update made Jagex lose all of their fanbase. :P

I like the new website and I can't see the forums yet so I'll figure out what they've done there eventually. I think this means the end of RS Wiki though. The trade update was clearly very well thought out and doesn't take anything away from existing players. Once the existing RWTers are banned, it should have more of an effect.

Oddment1.png

Only three of my F2P skills are 100k+ ranks now due to the update.

I don't feel like I really achieved anything from jumping tens of thousands of ranks because they removed F2P from it. I find it amusing they titled the top 10 "Hall of Heroes".

Nice

High

Score

Stats

Page.

..Can they waste anymore space if they tried?!! Even more space wasted than previously.

Might comment more later - Helping gf move house atm. Annoyed names are gone from HS.. I gone up two smith ranks =/

edit: Just quickie look at game. Hope sk removes that banner at top lol >.< My monitor looks widescreen with it. Rest is fairly interesting but cant look properly right now.

The players online concerns me but im not sure how many it usually is tbh. Seems ... low.

One Piercing Note is now f2p?

fuaxdg.png

Didn't see that mentioned... :wall:

2d26mw.gif

Why can't the Big Bang be done by the hand of God?

It could have, but it is next to impossible because it also could have been caused by the flying spaghetti monster, or one of the other infinite number of deity possibilities.

Really like the new website in general. Looks very... mmo-y. :P

The ingame interface looks cool, but some areas are very bulky and big imo. (Chatbox having an arrow through my private messages and the different tabs in the right corner look very big.

Having max in every skill, I was surprised how much I went up in some things.

39759058.png

Skills - Rank

Overall +62

Attack +6.5k

Defence +12k

Strength +4k

Constitution +8.1k

Ranged +16k

Prayer +1.2k

Magic +2.5k

Cooking +2.2k

Woodcutting +2.2k

Fletching +2.1k

Fishing +2k

Firemaking +423

Crafting +550

Smithing +239

Mining +3.4k

Herblore +1.3k

Agility +716

Thieving +2.2k

Slayer +1.8k

Farming +416

Runecraft +3.2k

Hunter +4.7k

Construction +467

Summoning +1.5k

Dungeoneering +134

Overall +2.2k

Attack +88k

Defence +84k

Strength +42k

Constitution +65k

Ranged +69k

Prayer +16k

Magic +765

Cooking +28k

Woodcutting +168k

Fletching +32k

Fishing +31k

Firemaking +52k

Crafting +1.8k

Smithing +2.5k

Mining +23k

Herblore +14k

Agility +4.1k

Thieving +7.1k

Slayer +46k

Farming +18k

Runecraft +8.1k

Hunter +15k

Construction +10k

Summoning +27k

Dungeoneering +26k

M3DO.png

Mamiću odlazi!

Click through chatbox, no more adding people while tanking. #

Changeable in settings.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

idiotsb.png

Not even gonna mention the cat-puke excuse for text..

EDIT: Of course I figure out how to fix this RIGHT after I post a screenshot. :wall:

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!