22-Nov-2011 - RuneScape Revolution v3 & Anti-Gold Farming Measures V2

Carl

My main issue with the new interfaces is why the smeg has a load of it been left unchanged?

For example:

Chat box has new scroll bar, yet friends list, clan cc etc all have the old brown one.

Xp counter is in its old brown box.

All the interior icons on skills, combat, the chats etc. all look wrong in their old brown.

At the very least you'd expect them to of fixed all the front end interface up to same style, even if like bank etc. retained the old brown look (which kinda looks odd as well)

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

Does anyone know if it's still possible to view details on adventures logs? Such as the dungeoneering bosses killed etc. It doesn't appear so and now you can only see the most recent 4 events which is even worse than before.

Also, some Wiki pages I'm sure aren't meant to be viewable :P

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/JAGEXADMIN_-_Wiki_Report_Procedure

http://services.runescape.com/m=rswiki/en/JAGEXADMIN_-_Training_Documents

Probably some more but those two came up lol.

Is it just me or does the new website seem quite sluggish to load? The new highscores are just confusing. I guess I could get used to the new UI but can't really think what was wrong with the previous one.

Sephy.png

Meh.

Terrible text on the website. Some of the text is really bad. Really really really bad. I can't figure out why would they use text that looks that ugly.

Also the highscores are really confusing

Also, i really wish they brought news back to the front page.

/Ok, now it appears that the news are in the front page. How come i didn't see them before.

I'm not even going to talk about the icons on the new interface... The interface itself is just fine, but the icons. Jesus Christ their fugly.

So I guess Jagex's stance on Runescape not being a children's game has gone right out the window. The artwork on the website and its pages is super cartoony and colourful. I'm not against advertising your product, but I feel like every time i go to the site I'm playing Barbie horse adventures 2: Revenge of the Teletubbies, The Maple Story Edition.

Sylpheed.png

Ingame loading times are a lot faster for me now - I'm loving this while doing agility. Floating tooltips are nifty too.

Don't like the new interface icons though. They're not consistent with the rest of the game art (like skill icons) anymore.

dont know if its been said yet, but if you examin something a text box comes up on top of the object instead of in the chat box

Glacors Drops - 33 shards.

Armadyl Drops - 1 Chestplate. 1 Hilt. 2 gloves . 2 Skirts.

Tdc.png

Meh.

Terrible text on the website. Some of the text is really bad. Really really really bad. I can't figure out why would they use text that looks that ugly.

Also the highscores are really confusing

Also, i really wish they brought news back to the front page.

/Ok, now it appears that the news are in the front page. How come i didn't see them before.

I'm not even going to talk about the icons on the new interface... The interface itself is just fine, but the icons. Jesus Christ their fugly.

Pretty much this...ALL OF IT...

Ingame loading times are a lot faster for me now - I'm loving this while doing agility. Floating tooltips are nifty too.

Don't like the new interface icons though. They're not consistent with the rest of the game art (like skill icons) anymore.

Only plus ive noticed thus far...

The fact that it appears stuff is loading faster, even world map didnt make me wanna punch babies by the time i pulled it up. Then again, all these speed things seem to be making it back to what it was speed wise BEFORE the bot nuke. So its not like they really improved it (or anything else IMO) for that matter, just merely fixed a few things and caused a lot of visual discomfort for me (and apparently others as well).

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Little glitch i've noticed, if you're playing on re-sized or full-screen there is a chance u can click through the text box, Skill tab, icons etc etc. Anything that should have a wall on it so to speak is clipping.

Love the fact that i'm not lagging as much though.

Koolcookie0.png

Runescape Player Since '04 | Tif Member since '06 | Max Combat | Too Busy Playing MW3

Remember: Anyone who is worse than you is a noob. Anyone who is better has no life!

Hardly anyone posts about what Jagex does right... but I'll do it here. The website looks incredible compared to its predecessor and I've got no real complains with the new interface. It looks very nice, and the new "in-field" pop-ups are quite useful.

Perhaps I'm being sycophantic though.

I like quite a few aspects of this update. Whoever planned out the trade limits thing did it really well. Great job. Try and give them some time to fix the in game parts and whatnot, Sure they'll piece it all together soon. Going to go do the thanksgiving event soon. I love the holiday items.

On a cool personal note I jumped about 13k ranks. ..and over 1.1m strength rankings. Who knew there were that many inactive players and whatnot above me. O.O Also almost back to my orignal place to 99 range. ^^ Exciting.

34zljex.png

Huzzah.png

Hardly anyone posts about what Jagex does right... but I'll do it here. The website looks incredible compared to its predecessor and I've got no real complains with the new interface. It looks very nice, and the new "in-field" pop-ups are quite useful.

I agree, if Jagex actually has more plans for the in-field pop ups (like, viewing stats of items like in other games)

I think that'd be a great step forward.

The website is pretty but the functionality is nerfed. =\ Hard to find buttons. or maybe they're just gone.

Still hard to navigate too.

Naaxi.png

I agree, if Jagex actually has more plans for the in-field pop ups (like, viewing stats of items like in other games)

I think that'd be a great step forward.

The website is pretty but the functionality is nerfed. =\ Hard to find buttons. or maybe they're just gone.

Still hard to navigate too.

Navigation is a bit of a problem, but then it always is whenever a website is renovated. I'm prepared to give it some time to see if I can get used to it first, and if I still can't, then it is probably more of a problem their end. The hiscores need shrinking again... I'm not sure why they've put the names of the skills underneath the icons since that's what the icons are there for in the first place. But generally, there's nothing seriously wrong with this update. If people are complaining about a one-pixel border around the XP counter, then I say that's a job pretty well done.

Also, good job on making a CSB one-clickable. The fact that staves are unequipped by a 2h before a CSB isn't so much of an issue now and it makes it much easier to switch into surges.

Did they get rid of the player gallery? I was looking forward to seeing if my entry would ever get displayed.

I really don't know about this, they're changing their views too much to cater to marketing schemes. I think my next membership card will be my last.

Did they get rid of the player gallery? I was looking forward to seeing if my entry would ever get displayed.

I really don't know about this, they're changing their views too much to cater to marketing schemes. I think my next membership card will be my last.

Game Info > RuneScape Wiki > Scribbles & Sketches (near the bottom) > Players' Gallery

I've decided that I'm not a fan of the website changes :( I was a little put off when I saw the teaser screenshot but I tried to reserve judgement until I saw the whole thing.. now I've really decided I don't like it. The design does feel very cartoony and "younger" than the previous layout. It feels a lot bulkier. There was something about the other design that made it feel cleaner and a bit more simple, and I liked that. Idk if it's just me but it this newer site feels more difficult to navigate through (for example, having to navigate through like 4 things to get to the Players' Gallery) and seems slower in general.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

7FxQh.png

What

:mrgreen:

modmarkl.jpg
~ 3,072nd to 99 Mining on August 30th, 2009 ~
~ 112,084th to 99 Magic on April 16th, 2011 ~

~ 131,681st to 99 Crafting on March 29, 2019 ~

~ 178,385th to 99 Prayer on April 2, 2019 ~

~ 234,921st to 99 Defence on May 9, 2019 ~

~ 173,480th to 99 Herblore on June 21, 2019 ~

~ 155,160th to 99 Smithing on July 16, 2019 ~

The text really is goofy looking. I want to read the prices on the GE in simple text, not ornate calligraphy.

Overall the site feels really clunky and bloated. I've always been one for minimalist interfaces and this is just incredibly packed with huge text/buttons.

The Wiki seems ok, though it really does seem extremely unpolished. I think the reqs for editing should be increased though, perhaps from 10 to 30+. However, I guess you really can't judge how intelligent someone is at a game based on any of those qualifications.

I really like the leprechaun update. Some extra storage is nice, especially with the vines (wish he carried seeds as well <_< )

Also rofl I jumped 750k spots in strength