[Space Scenes]- Few of my latest.

Nadril

Well, while scape was down I was still working on space scenes, and now i shall show one (or 2) of my best ones.

Out there: http://www.deviantart.com/view/8037358/

Out there Wallpaper: http://www.deviantart.com/view/8063062/

Also check around my devart account, i got a lot of new stuff on there. :P

~Nadril

25 favourites!? What the hell...

Edit: And you didn't even make the planets? God.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Dreaming of that face again

It's bright, and blue, and shimmering

Grinning wide

And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

what in the world is that suposed to mean...

its about the composition, making planets isnt that hard anyway. But putting it together to make it look good is a different story.

dangermouse01sy3.jpg

Visit my DeviantArt Page at http://vladmoney.deviantart.com

its about the composition, making planets isnt that hard anyway. But putting it together to make it look good is a different story.

Yeah. Anyway's i can make preaty good planets, but i'm keeping them behind the scenes untill they can look realy nice in scenes and the such. Once i do than i will make my own planets once again. :wink:

I think it's fairly obvious that people were favouriting the planets, not the starfield. The starfield is just a Greg Martin tut. It looks totally unrealistic. I know you could say that "I wasn't going for realism, I wanted to make it look good!". Well, sorry mate, but it doesn't look good either.

Nice job by Mr-Frenzy on the planets though.

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

It's nice to see the flaming starting up so soon after the new boards are up haha.

I figure it's frustrating for someone like you to see an artist with lesser skills than you have more recognition on devART, and that huge number of favs is probably due more to the "popularity" nadril has built himself up than to the quality of the piece (see http://www.deviantart.com/view/5720958/ ), but nevertheless, you really shouldn't put him down like that. Let him bask in his glory.

Good job Nadril. One of the best I've seen you make. Maybe next time, as Danabis said, try making your own planet, and try to make the star field blend a little better- right now it's pretty obvious where you changed brushes and what not. Also, work on getting the lens flare to look less like a lens flare and more like a star- there is still quite a bit of pinkish red around it.

Keep up the good work.

-Chicken

It's nice to see the flaming starting up so soon after the new boards are up haha.

I figure it's frustrating for someone like you to see an artist with lesser skills than you have more recognition on devART, and that huge number of favs is probably due more to the "popularity" nadril has built himself up than to the quality of the piece (see http://www.deviantart.com/view/5720958/ ), but nevertheless, you really shouldn't put him down like that. Let him bask in his glory.

Good job Nadril. One of the best I've seen you make. Maybe next time, as Danabis said, try making your own planet, and try to make the star field blend a little better- right now it's pretty obvious where you changed brushes and what not. Also, work on getting the lens flare to look less like a lens flare and more like a star- there is still quite a bit of pinkish red around it.

Keep up the good work.

-Chicken

Thanks Chicken. As i said, i'm working on them in the background, once they get good enough i will have 'em in there.

ps: who is Danibis anyways... :?

The star field looks better than what you used to do, but can still use some better blending. When you get your own planets in there, it will be even better

Thanks. I'm planing on my next work to have my own planets in there, and a kick wagon starfield :)

Argh. Stupid piece of [cabbage]! I wrote a lot but it keeps telling me there's no data and won't let me post. Anyways, Nad I've used other people's work too (like the stock renders in my sig to practice on brushing) and I just get the feeling like it's not my work and hard to be proud of it...but it just seems like you're so proud of this work. Guess just a difference in character.

Hope you're using those planets as a guide tomake better ones. Looks good but try and do your own work now.

Argh. Stupid piece of cabbage! I wrote a lot but it keeps telling me there's no data and won't let me post. Anyways, Nad I've used other people's work too (like the stock renders in my sig to practice on brushing) and I just get the feeling like it's not my work and hard to be proud of it...but it just seems like you're so proud of this work. Guess just a difference in character.

Hope you're using those planets as a guide tomake better ones. Looks good but try and do your own work now.

I am using them as a guide :) infact, i'm not gunna post another space scene untill it use's my planets in it.

ps: i guess i'm proud of it because it got 25 fav's. my next best work was like 5-6 favs.

Argh. Stupid piece of cabbage! I wrote a lot but it keeps telling me there's no data and won't let me post. Anyways, Nad I've used other people's work too (like the stock renders in my sig to practice on brushing) and I just get the feeling like it's not my work and hard to be proud of it...but it just seems like you're so proud of this work. Guess just a difference in character.

I am using them as a guide :) infact, i'm not gunna post another space scene untill it use's my planets in it.

ps: i guess i'm proud of it because it got 25 fav's. my next best work was like 5-6 favs.

I see. Just make a goal to get more then 25 fav's with something that's completely your own work now :wink:

:o I like! Am I the only person who thinks that the left of the pice looks a little empty though? Perhaps if you extended the light patch in the centre to the left, it would improve the composition?

Apart from that, it's really nice :D .

I see. Just make a goal to get more then 25 fav's with something that's completely your own work now :wink:

Definitly man :)

very nice! especially the clouds, i never know how to make clouds on planets :( but the stars are a bit strange, very blurry

See what I mean, Nadril?

thirdeyesig0tl.jpg

Grinning wide

very nice! especially the clouds, i never know how to make clouds on planets :( but the stars are a bit strange, very blurry

See what I mean, Nadril?

1 person.... :| (on scape at least)

who are you anyways? :S

I used to be here too.

I wanna see if anyone figures it out though. You'll probably realise when I post some work.

yeah i read that too. I'm just trying to figure it out...