25-Nov-2011 Quick Poll: RuneFest 2012 Location

Mercifull

While our bodies may have only just recovered from the massive celebration that was RuneFest 2011, our heads are already filled with excitement at the thought of Runefest 2012!

Our crack team of RuneFest organisers are now embedded deep in the studio working around the clock dreaming up our biggest and best RuneFest ever.

Since RuneFest 2011, weve been inundated with questions about RuneFest 2012 and the most popular question by far has been: "Where will it be?". Weve not answered that question because, well, there are just so many major factors to consider that we dont actually know yet. One such factor is, of course, what you think.

So, which city do you think should host RuneFest 2012?

- New York

- Los Angeles

- Chicago

- London

Today we launch a quick poll for you to tell us your preferred city. We cant guarantee that the most popular city will host Runefest 2012, but we can promise you that your opinion is an essential part of that decision making process.

The poll can be found on the main page of Runescape.com and is open for the next two weeks. That should give you just enough time to rally support for your chosen host city.

Cant wait to see the results!

The RuneFest Team

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kinda silly if you ask me. Everyone know it makes more sense to hold it in the UK. Its easier for Jmods, cheaper to organise and has the least impact on the game from developers and other mods being away from Jagex Towers. But if having it in Chicago means tickets end up at £500 then lets see how dedicated those people voting for US cities really are...

~ RuneFest attendee 2010 and 2011

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

"We don't want players to be able to buy their way to success in RuneScape. If we let players start doing this, it devalues RuneScape for others. We feel your status in real-life shouldn't affect your ability to be successful in RuneScape" Jagex 01/04/01 - 02/03/12

Oh. My. GOD!

I'd totally go New York or Los Angeles, probably more Los Angeles time and money permitting. :D

If it were in NY next year then I might consider it, anywhere else just isn't an option for me sadly.

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

London's currently leading. I like the fact that they added Chicago as an option, because if they didn't, New York would probably get their votes and vin.

Seriously though - stuff like this can be a pain when working in counsils or other places where votes are cast.

London's currently leading. I like the fact that they added Chicago as an option, because if they didn't, New York would probably get their votes and vin.

Seriously though - stuff like this can be a pain when working in counsils or other places where votes are cast.

If you adjust for people who wouldn't vote for NY if Chicago wasn't there, London would still come a very close second. It's stated that Jagex won't necessarily pick the one with the most votes to host Runefest, so I'd think in that case they'd still pick London because it's way more convenient for them and still came close second. They'd consider going elsewhere if the results were significantly in favour a different location, which it isn't. This is all speculation, but I reckon that's the most likely thing that's going on.

I over-analyse polls way too much. laugh.gif

~ W ~

sigzi.png

The thing with this is:

Unless the poll answers get weighted and American location is bound to win just cause of population.

~300mil vs ~60mil means about 5:1 population ratio so get a REAL answer shuld really weight it so that 5 votes to the us answers is equal to 1 vote for uk since with 5 times larger population (and therefore presumably simialr ratio in rs population) they have a voting advantage.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? How do you know British players don't want a trip to New York, and vice versa?

Sure some might, but you have to factor in its a £3 a month of membership game played primarily by teenagers/young adults most can't afford to travel to America; heck most people I know can barely afford or can't afford to go to London as between stupidly high ticket costs, travel and accommodation it still racks up quite a bill.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

I could maybe justify NY or LA, but Chicago would be awesome for me. A bit self-centered probably, and yeah in the overall scheme the extra money probably wouldn't be worth it, but I'd love to attend a Runefest and all of the other locations are pretty far away.

http://i700.photobucket.com/albums/ww6/aspeeder/Siggy_zpsewaiux2t.png

99 Strength since 6/02/10 99 Attack since 9/19/10 99 Constitution since 10/03/10 99 Defense since 3/14/11

99 Slayer since 8/30/11 99 Summoning since 9/10/11 99 Ranged since 09/18/11 99 Magic since 11/12/11

99 Prayer since 11/15/11 99 Herblore since 3/29/12 99 Firemaking since 5/15/12 99 Smithing since 10/04/12

99 Crafting since 9/16/13 99 Agility since 9/23/13 99 Dungeoneering since 1/1/14 99 Fishing since 2/4/14

99 Mining since 2/28/14 99 Farming since 6/04/14 99 Cooking since 6/11/14 99 Runecrafting since 10/10/14

9 Fletching since 11/11/14 99 Thieving since 11/14/14 99 Woodcutting since 11/20/14 99 Construction since 12/03/14

99 Divination since 2/22/15 99 Hunter since 2/23/15 99 Invention since 01/20/17 99 Archaeology since 5/14/22
Quest Point Cape since 08/20/09
Maxed since 2/23/15 Fire Cape since 02/27/13
Slayer: 3 Leaf-Bladed Swords, 8 Black Masks, 2 Hexcrests, 26 Granite Mauls, 5 Focus Sights, 32 Abyssal Whips, 9 Dark Bows, 1 Whip Vine, 3 Staffs of Light, 15 Polypore Sticks

Dragon: 9 Draconic Visages, 7 Shield Left Halves, 20 Dragon Boots, 40 Dragon Med Helms, 8 Dragon Platelegs, 6 Dragon Spears, 20 Dragon Daggers, 5 Dragon Plateskirts, 1 Dragon Chainbody, 63 Off-hand Dragon Throwing Axes, 19 Dragon Longswords, 27 Dragon Maces, 1 Dragon Ward
Treasure Trails: Saradomin Full Helm, Ranger Boots, Rune Body (t), Saradomin Vambraces, Various God Pages
Misc:1 Onyx,1 Ahrim's Hood, 1 Guthan's Chainskirt, 1 Demon Slayer Boots

That's a bit presumptuous, don't you think? How do you know British players don't want a trip to New York, and vice versa?

It's a safe assumption that the time and expense necessitated by the weekend event will not be justified by the 'fun' experienced - especially for the relatively poorer younger audiences.

I still think it's more likely that JaGex will still choose London for 2012 - they can't bring an impressive HQ to America. Only time will tell, I guess.

Flying from Norway to London + RF ticket costs enough as it is. Would be a ton more expensive if I had to fly all the way over to the US.

Coming as no surprise, I voted London.

The thing with this is:

Unless the poll answers get weighted and American location is bound to win just cause of population.

~300mil vs ~60mil means about 5:1 population ratio so get a REAL answer shuld really weight it so that 5 votes to the us answers is equal to 1 vote for uk since with 5 times larger population (and therefore presumably simialr ratio in rs population) they have a voting advantage.

Don't forget there are more locations for Americans to vote for (if they did vote for their closest venue) than for UK players.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

Anywhere butLondon and I will rage. Old enough to go without Parental permission next year, but can only afford travel as far as that. It would be ideal if it were in Cambridge, but I highly doubt that will happen.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

Host in NY, invite Jay-Z to perform

>WinFest

Uggh, don't be selfish, British players! You already had it twice in a row, give us 'Murrikans a chance!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

The thing with this is:

Don't forget there are more locations for Americans to vote for (if they did vote for their closest venue) than for UK players.

Still doesn't change much at a 5:1 ratio

5 votes between 3 choices means against uk means

2,2,1 on American vs 1 on uk

Which would still give a population based advantage to us places.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Uggh, don't be selfish, British players! You already had it twice in a row, give us 'Murrikans a chance!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Selfish... perhaps. But then here in the UK we don't have TemleCon or Total Confusion or ConnCon, Intercon, Havoc, Vericon, Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East, OGC, Huzzah, Carnage, DexCon, Fall In!, Historicon, I-CON, MEPACon, PrinceCon, UberCon, World Boardgaming Championships, Arcon, Council of Five Nations, Queen City Conquest, A&G Ohio, Bashcon, Con on the Cob, D&D Experience, Games Day, Gaming Hoopla, Gary Con, Geek.Kon, Gen Con, Marcon, Marmalade Dog, MichiCon, Origins Game Fair, Penguicon, PentaCon, StarCon, U-Con, WinterCon, Winter War, Wolfcon, Masquerade Society, Gamicon, Fields of Honor, Nuke, Con of the North, Gamer's Reunion, Bayou Wars, CharCon, Con Carolinas, DragonCon, Euro Quest (EQ), Heat of Battle, MACE, Mini MACE, MAGFest, MegaCon, Momocon, PeliCon, [southern Front], Stellarcon, SynDCon, Trinoc*con, Waterloo, Winter Activation Meeting (WAM), CoastCon, Hypericon, MidSouthCon, MOBICON, Tennessee Game Days, Chattacon, PlayOnCon, [gamecon Memphis], Texicon [1] General Gaming Convention, ScrewAttack Gaming Convention (SGC), BGG.CON, TrollCon, Phoenix Vul, GEEX Show, NeonCon, BlizzCon, DunDraCon, Celesticon, E For All, Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), GameStorm, Games Day, Gamex, Gateway, Kublacon, Enfilade, MineCon, Northwest Pinball and Gameroom Show, OrcCon, [Pacificon Game Expo], Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) Prime, RadCon, Science Fiction and Fandom Convention or Pasco...

612d9da508.png

Mercifull.png

Mercifull <3 Suzi

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Selfish... perhaps. But then here in the UK we don't have TemleCon or Total Confusion or ConnCon, Intercon, Havoc, Vericon, Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) East, OGC, Huzzah, Carnage, DexCon, Fall In!, Historicon, I-CON, MEPACon, PrinceCon, UberCon, World Boardgaming Championships, Arcon, Council of Five Nations, Queen City Conquest, A&G Ohio, Bashcon, Con on the Cob, D&D Experience, Games Day, Gaming Hoopla, Gary Con, Geek.Kon, Gen Con, Marcon, Marmalade Dog, MichiCon, Origins Game Fair, Penguicon, PentaCon, StarCon, U-Con, WinterCon, Winter War, Wolfcon, Masquerade Society, Gamicon, Fields of Honor, Nuke, Con of the North, Gamer's Reunion, Bayou Wars, CharCon, Con Carolinas, DragonCon, Euro Quest (EQ), Heat of Battle, MACE, Mini MACE, MAGFest, MegaCon, Momocon, PeliCon, [southern Front], Stellarcon, SynDCon, Trinoc*con, Waterloo, Winter Activation Meeting (WAM), CoastCon, Hypericon, MidSouthCon, MOBICON, Tennessee Game Days, Chattacon, PlayOnCon, [gamecon Memphis], Texicon [1] General Gaming Convention, ScrewAttack Gaming Convention (SGC), BGG.CON, TrollCon, Phoenix Vul, GEEX Show, NeonCon, BlizzCon, DunDraCon, Celesticon, E For All, Electronic Entertainment Expo (E3), GameStorm, Games Day, Gamex, Gateway, Kublacon, Enfilade, MineCon, Northwest Pinball and Gameroom Show, OrcCon, [Pacificon Game Expo], Penny Arcade Expo (PAX) Prime, RadCon, Science Fiction and Fandom Convention or Pasco...

To summise mercifuls point:

We, in the uk, have NOTHING for any sort of gaming, tech, tv, movie, genre or other franchise that holds a convention. USA has them all.

Plv6Dz6.jpg

U-S-A! U-S-A!

You couldn't hold all those on your dinky little island anyway. :lol:

Was Deathknell, but the password recovery never worked for me. So I'm this now. Whatever. Someone get me some damn fried chicken!

U-S-A! U-S-A!

You couldn't hold all those on your dinky little island anyway. :lol:

Oi! *Threatens with thermos of tea*

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]