Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Most Embarrasing moment

• Please log in to reply
59 replies to this topic

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Retired
If you're not going to drink, then be the designated driver. Don't waste someone's alcohol.

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

If you're not going to drink, then be the designated driver. Don't waste someone's alcohol.

Agreed. Also, you don't have to pretend to drink to be accepted at a party... That's just asinine.

Kevin
[ Display Name History ]

Kevin

Goblin Armour

• Members
  • 96 posts
This is one of those times I would quickly move to the food stand, but I don't think Tip it has one.

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
Definitely not my most embarrassing moment, but it is one nonetheless. Was eating breakfast in the breakfast room of the hotel and there were a lot of people there. I managed to get a table, but this other guy (older, probably late twenties/early thirties) couldn't find an empty one, so he asked if he could sit with me. I said of course. We both ate without talking, which was what I expected (aside from him saying, "Making one of those [belgian waffles] is a good idea."). The embarrassing part was when I got up to leave, I said, "See you later man." I was like, wow, I'm not going to see him later... this is a hotel and he's probably leaving today since most people who check into the hotel leave on Sundays. Plus, there would be no reason that I would actually see him later. He responded with, "Take it easy." And I thought to myself, golly, that's much better than what I said. I had debated saying, "Have a good day." or something like that, but now that I think of it, I should've just said, "Have a good one, man."
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

Crocefisso
[ Display Name History ]

Crocefisso

Il Barone

• Members
  • 1,718 posts
That doesn't sound too bad. Poor choice of words, but little else.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

Star.
[ Display Name History ]

Star.

Retired Moderator

• Members
  • 4,338 posts
It's a common phrase used when parting with someone, I wouldn't be so embarrassed of its usage if I were you Duff. I've said 'see you' to cashiers at the tills despite having the intention of never seeing them again.

I've had many embarrassing moments when riding my bicycle in traffic. One of the most embarrassing is when I misjudged the speed of a car (or to be more precise, how fast a car accelerates) and I forced the car to slow down else it would have touched me. The car was at some red lights which turned green and I was already going quite fast so I didn't want to lose my speed. I didn't ride my bicycle for two weeks after that but the situation made me a better cyclist.

Posted Image
☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

The_Gabe
[ Display Name History ]

The_Gabe

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,503 posts
  • RSN '07:The_Gabe555
Yeah I don't see how that's embarrassing at all.
Posted Image

Three months banishment to 9gag is something i would never wish upon anybody, not even my worst enemy.

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
When the front wheels of your skateboard catches onto some irregularity in the pavement and your body subsequently catches onto all the irregularities in the pavement. It's especially bad when you just got on.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Camera guy: Whoa, haha, are you okay dude?
Matt: You want anything funny that happens, don't you?
Camera guy: still laughing
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Camera guy: runs away still laughing
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down
Camera guy: Hoooholy [bleep]!
Matt: FUNNY ISN'T REAL! FUNNY ISN'T REAL!

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
My freshman year of college, when I was first getting used to my longboard, I was riding to class, and a group of people decided not to give me space. So, instead of getting off my longboard (I figured it wasn't 'cool') I tried to steer around them. Ended up running straight into a curb and flying straight forward while my longboard shot back the way i came. Let's just say it would've been a lot less embarrassing to jump of my board.

There was another instance where I was riding and I was really comfortable on my board. I was on smooth pavement and had nothing to worry about. Again, my board stopped suddenly and I went flying forward. A pinecone had perfectly blended in to the weird orangeish pavement and had stopped one of my wheels. A girl had to jump out of the way so my board didn't mess up her ankle. :\
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

Lord Paul
[ Display Name History ]

Lord Paul

The answer is Quyneax

• Members
  • 1,540 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Lord Paul
On the topic of "see you later man", that's not nearly as bad as telling your waitress "you too" after she says "enjoy your meal".

Done that multiple times. Basically if you are leaving, I'm going to say "you too". Makes for some humourous events, needless to say. :P
Working on max and completionist capes.
2435/2475

Randox
[ Display Name History ]

Randox

The Consultant

• Administrators
  • 6,605 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired
  • RSN:Randox
  • Clan:All Friendly

On the topic of "see you later man", that's not nearly as bad as telling your waitress "you too" after she says "enjoy your meal".

Done that multiple times. Basically if you are leaving, I'm going to say "you too". Makes for some humourous events, needless to say. :P

That's a good one. For me, there are certain trigger phrases that cause certain responses as a result of my time in the service industry, especially since taller was one of my jobs. More than once I have found myself accidently reversing the role of teller and customer, where I guess I am essentially thanking them for letting me shop there. I'm not even sure if they notice, or if I just seem ridiculously polite or what, but it embarrasses me.

Tesset
[ Display Name History ]

Tesset

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,070 posts

That's a good one. For me, there are certain trigger phrases that cause certain responses as a result of my time in the service industry, especially since taller was one of my jobs. More than once I have found myself accidently reversing the role of teller and customer, where I guess I am essentially thanking them for letting me shop there. I'm not even sure if they notice, or if I just seem ridiculously polite or what, but it embarrasses me.

I say thank you to cashiers. I've always viewed that as more of a "Thanks for helping me" kind of thing than a "Thanks for letting me shop here."

My skin is finally getting soft
I'll scrub until the damn thing comes off

Hedgehog
[ Display Name History ]

Hedgehog

???

• Monster Hunting Team Leader
  • 7,789 posts

It's even more awkward if you say that after someone says "happy birthday".

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts

I say thank you to cashiers. I've always viewed that as more of a "Thanks for helping me" kind of thing than a "Thanks for letting me shop here."

I greet and thank bus drivers and cashiers, and well, pretty much anyone I (indirectly) pay to do something. I figure it doesn't cost me anything and it might make their day just a bit brighter.
Matt: You want that eh? You want everything good for you. You want everything that's--falls off garbage can
Matt: You want the funny shit that happens here and there, you think it comes out of your [bleep]ing [wagon] pushes garbage can down, don't you? You think it's funny? It comes out of here! running towards Camera guy
Matt: You think the funny comes out of your mother[bleep]ing creativity? Comes out of Satan, mother[bleep]er! nn--ngh! pushes Camera guy down

Riku3220
[ Display Name History ]

Riku3220

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 7,800 posts

I greet and thank bus drivers and cashiers, and well, pretty much anyone I (indirectly) pay to do something. I figure it doesn't cost me anything and it might make their day just a bit brighter.

Next time just reach over and give them a big hug. If they start screaming and trying to get away then you just need to hug harder.
Posted Image

Omar
[ Display Name History ]

Omar

Dragon Slayer

• Members
  • 6,722 posts
That has landed me in trouble before...

Plugpoint
[ Display Name History ]

Plugpoint

Dark Wizard Robe

• Members
  • 973 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:0utkast
  • RSN '07:Iron 0utkast
I put my hand in human poo once...

Some society at uni had a dare to deliver a shit in a pizza box to the flat of the year, which was a few floors above me. Somebody decided to drop it down the stairwell. A while later I was leaving my flat and put my hand on the brown bannisters, and I then had the brilliant idea to tell all my Facebook friends to watch out for mud on the bannisters, only for everyone to comment on it saying I'd actually put my hand in shit. Luckily not quite as bad an incident as this though.

Iron_0utkast.png

Maxed 15/06/13

Duff
[ Display Name History ]

Duff

Moss Giant Whipper

• Members
  • 2,667 posts
EDIT: Wrong topic...

That was embarrassing.

har har
Posted Image
| My Tumblr |

extremetexanfan
[ Display Name History ]

extremetexanfan

Rat Meat

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

EDIT: Wrong topic...

That was embarrassing.

har har

Nice, fits right in :)
And that was my story.

the voice of reason
[ Display Name History ]

the voice of reason

Chicken Feather

• Members
  • 16 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Raphael
when i was young i was playing hide n seeek with my friend and we walked in on his parents while they were having sex... awkward.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users