Diablo III

The Observer

MY COUNTRY DOES NOT HAVE MIDNIGHT SALES WHAT THE [bleep]

Guess I'll be sleeping tonight lol

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Funny because my installation is now at 37% lolol

Retired

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

Login server down again it's peak time for EU, lvl 13 and just killed the spider queen. Witch doctor is sooo epic.

EDIT: Read this on forums

In Diablo, you fought a Lord of Hell on earth

In Diablo II, you travelled to Hell to defeat a Lord on his own plane

In Diablo III, Hell is brought directly into your living room, and the Lord bangs your sister in the kitchen while you cry in front of your monitor.

Lol'd hard

Retired

Not a huge fan of how the leveling up works; I miss adding points to stats. :sad: The whole rune aspect is pretty cool though. Started as a Monk for my first character, but only got to level 7 due to being kicked off multiple times <_<.

Unfinished netherrack symbol of Khorne.

Never forget. ~creeper face w/single tear~

DO YOU HEAR THE VOICES TOO?!?!

How easy is this game to pick up? I've been thinking of getting it, but I've never really played a game like in.

It's so easy it's a disappointment.

Definitely having buyers remorse on this.

The game is pure hype.

It's too easy.

The graphics are like tier 2.

The pathfinding is so bad it reminds me of old runescape where you get stuck on everything.

Its unoriginal.

I could go on, but after 2 hours of it plus lag (lag in single player WTF), i'm probably going to shelf it.

Its a $20 game and if you buy shit through their pay2win auction house you are a FOOL.

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

How easy is this game to pick up? I've been thinking of getting it, but I've never really played a game like in.

The game is pure hype.

It's too easy.

The pathfinding is so bad it reminds me of old runescape where you get stuck on everything.

Its unoriginal.

I could go on, but after 2 hours of it plus lag (lag in single player WTF), i'm probably going to shelf it.

Its a $20 game and if you buy shit through their pay2win auction house you are a FOOL.

Did you not play D1 or D2? Everyone i've talked to who have been die hard fans of the prior games love D3 as do I.

Low_C.png

The game is pure hype.

It's too easy.

Its unoriginal.

Did you not play D1 or D2? Everyone i've talked to who have been die hard fans of the prior games love D3 as do I.

Nope, and with an objective opinion I can safely say that this is going to be an even bigger nickel and dimer than mass effect 3 and day 1 dlc and extended ending dlc and whatever bullshit they figure they can tack on to a dead franchise.

As for Diablo, well the whole game is geared for one thing.

You buy shit through their auction house and Blizzard gets a cut of the action.

If EA wrote the obtuse and open ending for mass effect 3 that requires further purchases to understand then Activision designed the lack of options in character development which can only be remedied by endless rare items bought in their auction house.

And you thought Jagex was money grubbing...

Exclusive Legacy Mode Player

Golvellius.png

He just successfully trolled you with "courtesy" and managed to get a reaction out of you. Lol

The game is pure hype.

It's too easy.

Its unoriginal.

Nope, and with an objective opinion I can safely say that this is going to be an even bigger nickel and dimer than mass effect 3 and day 1 dlc and extended ending dlc and whatever bullshit they figure they can tack on to a dead franchise.

As for Diablo, well the whole game is geared for one thing.

You buy shit through their auction house and Blizzard gets a cut of the action.

If EA wrote the obtuse and open ending for mass effect 3 that requires further purchases to understand then Activision designed the lack of options in character development which can only be remedied by endless rare items bought in their auction house.

And you thought Jagex was money grubbing...

I don't know which of these posts are dumber, "objective opinion" or judging the difficulty of the game when you're only two hours in to the easiest mode of the game. And your bizarre rant about 'pay2win'.

Similarly, if you bought Diablo 3 expecting it to break the mold it's pretty much got down to a science at this point, I don't know what to say.

@Spork - it's easy to get into, and incredibly enjoyable. It's pretty cheap for a AAA release, too.

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

The game is pure hype.

It's too easy.

Its unoriginal.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think that sums it up

also normal difficulty with 3 people done in a bit under 15 hours

So the idea of the game is basically you hoard better and better stuff and level up your character, so you can kill more mobs my hack'n'slashing through a dungeon?

What a winner concept.

Those that say they played through it in X hours, was there any point in the game where your decisions mattered at all, or was it all linear?

the decisions pertaining to gear and such yeah, as for chat/story or whatever you don't even have options to respond back, which is fine by me but I can see how that would be annoying to some.

also as of right now my party and I are just running through the difficulties for 1. entertainment(personal preference) 2. max lvl/gear in preparation for PvP.

enaidlool.png

If you quote me please be sure to note that I'm extremely mad.

What I am reading about the game is making me warry of buying it. Right now, I am not normally with my PC so its immaterial, I have to wait to play anyway so no sense getting it now.

A few things have me bothered:

[*]The first is the whole needing a constant connection to play single player, though I figure I can deal with that. If that'e where piracy has put us, then so be it. The problem is that it seems to keep going down (at least twice now I think), and for added hilarity it seems that it crashes all their games that use battle net (so WoW). I will not buy the game for sure until that stops happening though.

[*]My first really big worry is how fast people are getting through the game, even accounting for the whole co-op aspect of single player. I probably couldn't get through act 1 of D2 much faster than that, even on a speed mission. Granted, the hold up was mostly needing more levels and just trying to find things in their mazes (catacombs anyone?), and my tendency to generally like being a level or two above where your supposed to be (which does slow things down a bit). Still, D2 was never a game I could just blast through, not without being in multiplayer, so now I need to figure out if other people are just that much faster than I am (which would be ideal), or if the game is legitimately shorter (which means I'm getting ripped off and potentially buying a parade of expansions).

[*]My third gripe is that the game guide for the game is...well its wholly incomplete, which just seems lazy. I want to know what changed, because I'm getting the feeling that in addition to the skills just coming to you, and the new mechanic where weapons also determine magic damage (which I love), I am wondering if armor is even something you find, or if it just kind of upgrades. I really want to see how the game works before I go to it.

I guess at the end of the day, I liked single player as well as multiplayer, and now it seems one has suffered at the expense of the other. I am also worried from my experience with sequels (AoE 3 and Red Alert 3) that they might have made just the wrong changes for me, and I am wary of short hack and slashes after force unleashed 2, which was probably the worst gaming experience I have ever had by the end (being hard in just the right places to make you repeat all the tedious stuff). That or Red Alert 3 which is just awful for someone who likes long and drawn out battles.

A few things have me bothered:

[*]The first is the whole needing a constant connection to play single player, though I figure I can deal with that. If that'e where piracy has put us, then so be it. The problem is that it seems to keep going down (at least twice now I think), and for added hilarity it seems that it crashes all their games that use battle net (so WoW). I will not buy the game for sure until that stops happening though.

What people don't seem to realize is that the game JUST CAME OUT. Yes, their servers weren't exactly tested to see how they would handle when THOUSANDS of people tried playing at once. Give it a while, sheesh.

[*]My first really big worry is how fast people are getting through the game, even accounting for the whole co-op aspect of single player. I probably couldn't get through act 1 of D2 much faster than that, even on a speed mission. Granted, the hold up was mostly needing more levels and just trying to find things in their mazes (catacombs anyone?), and my tendency to generally like being a level or two above where your supposed to be (which does slow things down a bit). Still, D2 was never a game I could just blast through, not without being in multiplayer, so now I need to figure out if other people are just that much faster than I am (which would be ideal), or if the game is legitimately shorter (which means I'm getting ripped off and potentially buying a parade of expansions).

I play the same way (completing an area's map before moving on if possible), and so far I haven't even left the first hub area (so just past the spider queen). I am currently about 10 hours in, so people saying they've beaten it so quickly (dem asians) did it just to say "lol we beat it really fast".

[*]My third gripe is that the game guide for the game is...well its wholly incomplete, which just seems lazy. I want to know what changed, because I'm getting the feeling that in addition to the skills just coming to you, and the new mechanic where weapons also determine magic damage (which I love), I am wondering if armor is even something you find, or if it just kind of upgrades. I really want to see how the game works before I go to it.

The game quide... really... I haven't played the wizard class, but I've seen items (eagle orbs) that seem to add damage to spells. Of course you find armor, it's Diablo! If you really want to try-before-you-buy, I'll PM you with something.

Yeah, I did more digging, and most of my fears are just me being confused. And while opening day crashes are expected and reasonable from a technical standpoint, I still don't agree with the concept of not being able to use something you paid for.

And I feel a bit better about the time now. Glad to hear its just speed runners (figures).

Just remember, Diablo is a game meant to be replayed a lot (with different characters, and harder difficulties). Those guys that beat it in a few hours A) Had a big team, and B) were on the easiest difficulty.

I wonder what they'll do with the expansions. I assume there aren't anymore Evils around, leaving only the Angels... Hmm.

The reason you cant play online is simply to prevent hacked items entering the auction house. Blizzard is taking a small cut but you can make real life money through the auction house.. I would prefer a balanced economy.

I'm 10 hours in and only level 23 on normal mode. Play Diablo 1 or 2 or both.. If you like those you'll love this game.

Low_C.png

Let me just go ahread and say, I was not expecting a fight QUITE THIS EPIC at the end of Act2. I was impressed. Also it was pretty tough to solo as a barbarian, took me like 6 tries (though it should have been 4 but I was too worried about keeping all 5 stacks of frenzy and took a ton of damage during this attack (its 2hit kill)

screenshot004bf.jpg

Sig