Tip.It Times - 18th December 2011

tripsis

I was surprised by your answer, what on earth is the point? :blink:

Didn't know about Blizzard and Activision...always good to find out something new

Gossip is a positive evolutionary adaptation in a small tribal setting. Gossip about multinational corporations, based on limited information and in an impersonal internet setting, is partly just humans acting out biological imperatives despite their unsuitedness for the modern world; while sometimes actually effective, if you look at the effectiveness of prediction by virtual stock-market simulations for various economic and political future happenings, in the various tests that have been set up to measure the accuracy of "mob think".

that RWT is not tolerated[/b] (leading linkage of promotion benefits to RWT);

This is a misleading argument, Jagex has multiple times pointed out that paying for membership is exchanging RL cash for ingame benefits, and so by your definition below going P2P is already RWT. Obviously then, we see that we must be careful to avoid equivocation with our definitions of RWT.

I agree with most of what you say in regards to F2P "neglect", except for the crucial conclusive statement which is where you make the link that F2P neglect will be bad for P2P as well.

Membership isn't RWT because it's a different game from F2P. You get a better game, yes, but you don't gain direct advantages over your fellow players like you would in one of those pay2win schemes.

And yes it will be hurtful to P2P in the long run if F2P gets neglected. There will be a lack of new players, and when there are no new players they can't get membership either. Note that F2P getting attention does not necessarily mean updates for F2P - but it's something that simply should be kept in mind, and it doesn't feel like Jagex is really doing that atm.

Speaking of RWT, i fail to see how the loyalty rewards aren't RWT.

Basically your being told "Be consistent with payment and you receive points which you can spend on in-game rewards".

I thought paying for membership was enough to access in-game rewards.

Basically your being told "Be consistent with payment and you receive points which you can spend on in-game rewards".

And loyalty rewards are just another in-game reward that you get for your membership. You get them by paying for membership, and you get them with all of the other member content.

And loyalty rewards are just another in-game reward that you get for your membership. You get them by paying for membership, and you get them with all of the other member content.

Well, it could be considered RWT for those months where you are not playing Runescape but staying subscribed for more loyalty points. Meh. I still think RAF is by far the clearest example of RWT, but I guess it doesn't matter that much.

Right.... I'm not trying to zombie an old topic, but these (types of) people are the ones I aimed my article at:

Click here, but be warned its not for children

Former Leader of The Tal Shiar Alliance - An Original Tip.it Clan
Member of the Wilderness Guardians and Founder of the Silent Guardians
Founder of The Conclave - A Tip.it Clan institution
Tip.it Times author (click for all my articles) - When I use the wrong reasons to make the right statement, argue the reason, not the statement.
MSSW4 General - Did we kick your ass too?

Check us out!
wildsig3.gif
clanmotif.png
==> No seriously, if you like FREE GP, XP and Dung tokens, as well as Community, Opportunity and above all FUN... <==
CLICK IT!