Dark Knight Rising

The Observer

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark Knight was only one of the best movies in history of mankind so yes, I'm definitely going to see this one.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Oh dear lord yes! Anne Hathaway as Catwoman? Me-yow! <3:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Oh great, another Christopher Nolan film I will dislike but apparently everyone in America will love. :mellow:

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Oh great, another Christopher Nolan film I will dislike but apparently everyone in America will love. :mellow:

How can you dislike his films? They're all amazing. D:

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

I'll see it

I have all the 99s, and have been playing since 2001. Comped 4/30/15 

My Araxxi Kills: 459::Araxxi Drops(KC):

Araxxi Hilts: 4x Eye (14/126/149/459), Web - (100) Fang (193)

Araxxi Legs Completed: 5 ---Top (69/206/234/292/361), Middle (163/176/278/343/395), Bottom (135/256/350/359/397)
Boss Pets: Supreme - 848 KC

If you play Xbox One - Add me! GT: Urtehnoes - Currently on a Destiny binge 

I kind of agree with Range This. I didn't dislike either film, but I wouldn't say they were amazing. I'd give them a solid 7/10, as they didn't do anything wrong, but I do find them incredibly over-hyped.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I kind of agree with Range This. I didn't dislike either film, but I wouldn't say they were amazing. I'd give them a solid 7/10, as they didn't do anything wrong, but I do find them incredibly over-hyped.

Totally agree, they weren't awful but they weren't amazing.

I'll say what I have before. Keep in mind I am a complete movie snob :P

I strongly believe Nolan focuses too much on developing the plot and in the case of Inception, tries to go too far in creating a "crazy" story. He fails to inject any of his characters or his plot with real human emotions. His movies are aesthetically pleasing and very often entertaining, but I always walk out of the theatre thinking "Okay, so what?" There's nothing deeper than the surface in his films in my very snobbish opinion.

phpFffu7GPM.jpg

"He could climb to it, if he climbed alone, and once there he could suck on the pap of life, gulp down the incomparable milk of wonder."

Personally, I'm a fan of his films. I loved Insomnia and The Prestige, but I haven't seen Inception yet.

When Batman Begins came out, I was completely blown away. I've always been a big Batman fan and after a lifetime of Adam West, campy cartoons (although the 90's cartoons with Kevin Conroy were pretty good), Val Kilmer and George Clooney I thought to myself: "Finally! Here's the Batman I picture in my head while reading the comics!" It's just too bad Heath Ledger is no longer with us to reprise his role as Joker. :(

The only other person who I thought did Batman this well (outside of the regular series, of course) was Frank Miller. What can I say, I'm fascinated with the darker side of life. :grin:

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

When Batman Begins came out, I was completely blown away. I've always been a big Batman fan and after a lifetime of Adam West, campy cartoons (although the 90's cartoons with Kevin Conroy were pretty good), Val Kilmer and George Clooney I thought to myself: "Finally! Here's the Batman I picture in my head while reading the comics!" It's just too bad Heath Ledger is no longer with us to reprise his role as Joker. :(

The only other person who I thought did Batman this well (outside of the regular series, of course) was Frank Miller. What can I say, I'm fascinated with the darker side of life. :grin:

No mention of Michael Keaton?

I'll see it, even though I find Christian Bale to be dull.

I was mostly referring to the disappointing Batmans. Micheal Keaton, along with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer were wonderful, but I have to admit I have enjoyed Christian Bale's portrayal of Batman much more.

You must not have seen Batman Begins then. As awesome and exciting as The Dark Knight was, BB was twice as terribly dull and drawn out (and ridiculous). It was like the Hulk movies. Took FOREVER for him to be Batman and by then it was a major drag. Blech.

You must not have seen Batman Begins then. As awesome and exciting as The Dark Knight was, BB was twice as terribly dull and drawn out (and ridiculous). It was like the Hulk movies. Took FOREVER for him to be Batman and by then it was a major drag. Blech.

Nope. I've seen it and I thought it was awesome, even when I had seen The Dark Knight first. Granted it wasn't as good as the Dark Knight, but I still thought Batman Begins was very good.

Been watching the trailer quite a bit lately (I'M SO EXCITED!) and everytime it finishes, I get a bit depressed. Why is the summer so far away? :( And it doesn't help that the Hobbit comes out next year as well, and the Avengers and Brave.

[bleep], 2012 is going to be amazing.

7rwjf.png
Leik.png

Nope. I've seen it and I thought it was awesome, even when I had seen The Dark Knight first. Granted it wasn't as good as the Dark Knight, but I still thought Batman Begins was very good.

Been watching the trailer quite a bit lately (I'M SO EXCITED!) and everytime it finishes, I get a bit depressed. Why is the summer so far away? :( And it doesn't help that the Hobbit comes out next year as well, and the Avengers and Brave.

[bleep], 2012 is going to be amazing.

Meh. To each his own. They could have shaved 45 minutes of backstory. Who doesn't know Batman was orphaned, left with a huge trust fund of money and trained himself to fight crime? We didn't need half the movie to explain that.

We also all know that Spiderman got bitten by a radioactive spider, Superman was orphaned on Earth as an infant, the Titanic sank, Apollo 13 returned safely, etc...It's a potential flaw that any movie based upon a well known story or event has, but it's an integral part of telling the story.

I was mostly referring to the disappointing Batmans. Micheal Keaton, along with Jack Nicholson and Michelle Pfeiffer were wonderful, but I have to admit I have enjoyed Christian Bale's portrayal of Batman much more.

Ah, okay. I would agree that Michael Keaton was the best of the old, but I still don't like Christian Bale as Batman. I strongly felt that Heath Ledger's Joker saved Dark Knight. That and the fact that Morgan Freeman and Michael Caine were in it.

I rather like Anne Hathaway (and the fact that she's easy on the eyes doesn't hurt :wink: ). It's good to see she's getting more adult oriented roles. She's come a long way from The Princess Diaries and Ella Enchanted.