Dark Knight Rising

The Observer

I'll see it because I saw the first two. I feel like the only person who didn't really like the dark knight though. I don't know what it is, I mostly enjoyed watching it the first time, but I doubt I will ever watch it again.

I think I have issues with the 'main character not being trusted' plot twist. It drove me nuts in 24, which was an epic show otherwise, and I didn't like it in Dark Knight either. Same problem with all but the first spiderman I think (I can't keep the second and third entirely seperate).

• 6 months later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was good, but it wasn't as great as everyone says it was. Bit boring in the middle.

My relaxation method involves a bottle of lotion, beautiful women, and partial nudity. Yes I get massages.

ojdv.jpg

I saw it and absolutely loved it! I might have even liked it better than The Dark Knight but I can't know for certain until I see the movie again. :P Sometimes I just have that "first time having seen the movie" glow and after watching it again I realize that I didn't like it better. Either way, I just thought it was totally awesome!

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog

One of the best movies I've ever seen. Can't really compare it to The Dark Knight just yet, need to see it again first. But I really, really loved it and it definitely lived up to its hype and expectations. It's very rare when movies can do that, but this one did it just perfectly.

I just want to see it again ASAP. :<

7rwjf.png
Leik.png
LIVERPOOL WILL WIN THE PREMIER LEAGUE THIS SEASON.
[01:24:34] CJ Hunnicutt: it takes skill to be that [bleep]ing stupid

Just saw it today and I can't wait to see it again.

Kind of adding on to what has been said above I can't really decide if I like TDK or TDKR better. Will have to see it again I suppose. :P

It fully lived up to my expectations though and it tied up the series perfectly. Oh and Anne Hathaway was a fantastic catwomen; they did a good job in developing her character and I thought she played the part really well!

SPOILER

[hide]Does anyone else wish Batman had actually died?

Also, I kind of laughed when everyone gasped when Robin was revealed. Seriously, did no one else see that coming? I mean, honestly. I thought it was pretty obvious.[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

SPOILER

Also, I kind of laughed when everyone gasped when Robin was revealed. Seriously, did no one else see that coming? I mean, honestly. I thought it was pretty obvious.[/hide]

I saw it coming from the beginning of the movie... I'm also kind of glad that he didn't die. The only reason I say that is because I felt really good when Alfred saw the two of them at the end since Bruce kind of treated Alfred poorly during the movie.

SPOILARZ Just don't read this thread if you haven't seen it tbh

SPOILER

I saw it coming from the beginning of the movie... I'm also kind of glad that he didn't die. The only reason I say that is because I felt really good when Alfred saw the two of them at the end since Bruce kind of treated Alfred poorly during the movie.

Keeping Wayne alive was one of the few areas I really felt like Nolan sold out. If you think back, a lot of the hype around this movie suggested Batman was going to die. We know almost for certain that Nolan will not be returning to the series, but it seems he left it horribly open to be ridden into the ground.

As far as the Robin thing goes, I thought it was pretty clear from the trailers. I will say, though, that the plot twist at the end with Talia was fantastic. I also thought the Scarecrow's little cameo was great.

I was blown away by Nolan's and Hathaway's Catwoman. First of all, she was not hypersexualized, despite wearing tight latex and heels for almost the entire movie. On top of that, the acting was really great. A friend of mine pointed out an important moment in her opening scene: She steals the jewels, is outed as Catwoman (or just a thief at this point), and suddenly, her body language changes. Re-watch the scene if you can, it was really amazing how she slid from being an uptight servant into this lithe, cunning antihero.

SPOILARZ Just don't read this thread if you haven't seen it tbh

SPOILER

Keeping Wayne alive was one of the few areas I really felt like Nolan sold out. If you think back, a lot of the hype around this movie suggested Batman was going to die. We know almost for certain that Nolan will not be returning to the series, but it seems he left it horribly open to be ridden into the ground.

As far as the Robin thing goes, I thought it was pretty clear from the trailers. I will say, though, that the plot twist at the end with Talia was fantastic. I also thought the Scarecrow's little cameo was great.

I was blown away by Nolan's and Hathaway's Catwoman. First of all, she was not hypersexualized, despite wearing tight latex and heels for almost the entire movie. On top of that, the acting was really great. A friend of mine pointed out an important moment in her opening scene: She steals the jewels, is outed as Catwoman (or just a thief at this point), and suddenly, her body language changes. Re-watch the scene if you can, it was really amazing how she slid from being an uptight servant into this lithe, cunning antihero.

[spoiler=Spoilers]Or that moment when the cops come into the bar, guns out, she escapes by acting like an innocent bystander yelling her head off, then instantly collects herself and slips away when they're gone.

I also wanted to see Batman die. Would have been a good, heroic ending to the trilogy if he went off in the sunset with an armed nuke in tow.

22031_s.gif

Just seen this film; absolutely incredible :D This was a much larger world I felt than what Nolan has previously constructed; the threats to the city were much greater than previously seen. I thought Hathaway did a brilliant job, and Tom hardy's voice from the offset was chilling and brilliant. Going into this having seen the trailers I had my preconceptions about Nolan's Gotham compared to conventional films and comics, i.e Bane seemed overly intellectual from the trailer than the powerhouse I think of the character as. However I think this was done incredibly well, he played the part beautifully, especially towards the end.

Now, some spoiler discussion, don't click if you don't want things ruined!

[hide]

The only thing I disliked about this film was Blake announcing himself as 'Robin'. I'll admit I didn't see it coming, though I did see the hints and wondered which character he would become. I think if he pronounced himself as Dick Grayson, fans would have been thrilled, but I think this was kind of a pointer to some who maybe don't know the Batman franchise at all going into this film seeking action and going from recommendations. Admittedly, you wouldn't perhaps know who Dick Grayson was purely from Nolan's trilogy, and after all this is his Gotham. I don't know though, just seemed a little commercial. However it does open up a whole host of ideas, what will come next I wonder; Batman & Robin films or even just robin?

[/hide]

dczlnn.pngUSPPEP8.pngdczlnn.png

Just seen this film; absolutely incredible :D This was a much larger world I felt than what Nolan has previously constructed; the threats to the city were much greater than previously seen. I thought Hathaway did a brilliant job, and Tom hardy's voice from the offset was chilling and brilliant. Going into this having seen the trailers I had my preconceptions about Nolan's Gotham compared to conventional films and comics, i.e Bane seemed overly intellectual from the trailer than the powerhouse I think of the character as. However I think this was done incredibly well, he played the part beautifully, especially towards the end.

[hide]

The only thing I disliked about this film was Blake announcing himself as 'Robin'. I'll admit I didn't see it coming, though I did see the hints and wondered which character he would become. I think if he pronounced himself as Dick Grayson, fans would have been thrilled, but I think this was kind of a pointer to some who maybe don't know the Batman franchise at all going into this film seeking action and going from recommendations. Admittedly, you wouldn't perhaps know who Dick Grayson was purely from Nolan's trilogy, and after all this is his Gotham. I don't know though, just seemed a little commercial. However it does open up a whole host of ideas, what will come next I wonder; Batman & Robin films or even just robin?

[/hide]

[hide]I'd love to see a Justice League movie. Just saying[/hide]

sig2-1.png

Last.Fm

My Bloggy

Proud to have served on Tip.it Crew

[hide]

[/hide]

[hide]I'd love to see a Justice League movie. Just saying[/hide]

[hide]I hear Superman is next on the list, plus Nolan claims he won't come back to Batman, plus Bale doesn't want to be in a movie with Robin. We'll see what happens. [/hide]

Just saw the film, i could barely speak for the next five minutes it was that good. I was overwhelmed by the scale and at how much was at stake. Then when i got home i read some reviews expecting to read masses of praise but instead to my complete surprise there was mostly criticism which i couldnt believe. It was such a good and the characters were so good. The twists and the plot were amazing. Still cant understand the reviews

SUPER.gif

Just saw the film, i could barely speak for the next five minutes it was that good. I was overwhelmed by the scale and at how much was at stake. Then when i got home i read some reviews expecting to read masses of praise but instead to my complete surprise there was mostly criticism which i couldnt believe. It was such a good and the characters were so good. The twists and the plot were amazing. Still cant understand the reviews

There's always people who pick on these things just to have a non-mainstream viewpoint, probably to get views for their blog or whatever. I thought this movie was really really good. I was just sitting still and staring at the scream because it was so intense while my friend was freaking out beside me. She was squeezing my hand pretty hard haha. Then a couple seats down from her, our other friend was getting pretty emotional. I don't think many movies makes you do that.

I just ignore the critics who are obviously negative just to get attention.

Staurolite.png

Idk which one was better. Dark knight lived with the Joker, and Heath Ledger did an amazing performance there. Dark Knight Rising did not have this kind of absolute jewel, but it still was an awesome film all around. It felt more...complete?

After seeing this movie, I felt that The Dark Knight was a bit out of place in the trilogy. Also, mentally the biggest problem I had with the film was the technology. The tumbler was awesome because it was realistic. The bike that spawned from the tumbler required a little suspension of disbelief, but otherwise worked. The flying thing in this movie was just... bleh. It don't work that way.

99 dungeoneering achieved, thanks to everyone that celebrated with me!

♪♪ Don't interrupt me as I struggle to complete this thought
Have some respect for someone more forgetful than yourself ♪♪

♪♪ And I'm not done
And I won't be till my head falls off ♪♪

I've seen Dark Knight Rises twice now and, as much as I enjoyed it, I have to say that I still believe The Dark Knight is a better film for a few reasons.

[spoiler=Spoilers]The Dark Knight was a darker and more serious film with more focus on the plot and message than fitting in as many characters and explosions as possible into the last movie. As much as I liked Bane, the Joker was still a better villain as he achieved most of his goals and the chaos he caused set up much of the plot for the next movie, whereas Bane/Talia failed to destroy either Batman or Gotham. I also didn't care for the whole Occupy Wallstreet vibe I was getting from Bane. I don't feel that adding political connotations to his crimes was necessary, even if that was how Bane was created in the comics (during the 80s, I might add). There was also the scene at the stock exchange around noon and they set up the iPad(?) that took 8 minutes to load. By the time the fifth minute of that passed, it was somehow night time.

There were a few awesome parts of Dark Knight Rises, though. The music was well-placed to perfectly set the mood, the concept of controlling a city like that for five months is still a very interesting premise (that Nolan should have expanded upon more), and the ending was outstanding. With that ending, a sequel could be set up for either Batman or Robin and, since they left her background so vague, a Catwoman prequel. I would like to see more of this series from Nolan, but I doubt that will happen. Overall, it was an outstanding trilogy that set the bar for future superhero films. As much of a Marvel fanboy as I am, I have to say that I haven't seen a better series of superhero movies. 9/10 for the movie, 9.5/10 for the trilogy.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I've seen Dark Knight Rises twice now and, as much as I enjoyed it, I have to say that I still believe The Dark Knight is a better film for a few reasons.

[spoiler=Spoilers]The Dark Knight was a darker and more serious film with more focus on the plot and message than fitting in as many characters and explosions as possible into the last movie. As much as I liked Bane, the Joker was still a better villain as he achieved most of his goals and the chaos he caused set up much of the plot for the next movie, whereas Bane/Talia failed to destroy either Batman or Gotham. I also didn't care for the whole Occupy Wallstreet vibe I was getting from Bane. I don't feel that adding political connotations to his crimes was necessary, even if that was how Bane was created in the comics (during the 80s, I might add). There was also the scene at the stock exchange around noon and they set up the iPad(?) that took 8 minutes to load. By the time the fifth minute of that passed, it was somehow night time.

There were a few awesome parts of Dark Knight Rises, though. The music was well-placed to perfectly set the mood, the concept of controlling a city like that for five months is still a very interesting premise (that Nolan should have expanded upon more), and the ending was outstanding. With that ending, a sequel could be set up for either Batman or Robin and, since they left her background so vague, a Catwoman prequel. I would like to see more of this series from Nolan, but I doubt that will happen. Overall, it was an outstanding trilogy that set the bar for future superhero films. As much of a Marvel fanboy as I am, I have to say that I haven't seen a better series of superhero movies. 9/10 for the movie, 9.5/10 for the trilogy.

Agreed i think the trilogy was the best superhero film/s and they were some of the best films i have ever seen. They were different to most superhero films and i liked the darker side of it

SUPER.gif

Can't believe i wasted 2 hours and 45 minutes of my life on this crap. I was utterly disappointing with the movie. It just didn't have anything the first 2 movies had. Non of it. If i have to be honest, the only good part of the movie was like the last 15 minutes of it. The rest was an utter let down. I'm a big fan of Batman, i'm pretty much a fanboy really. And this made the film even worse for me. I don't know, it just wasn't as captivating as i hoped it would be. It probably had a lot more action than the first Dark Knight, but the action just wasn't that good. I'm not making much sense now, i guess i'm still in shock at how bad this movie was.