20-December-2011 Christmas Event

Cheefoo

While there are some wizards who wish it could be Christmas every day' date=' Sedridor isn’t one of them. He’s been tasked with organising this year’s Wizards’ Christmas Banquet: an annual gathering of RuneScape magic-users usually hosted by the Magic Guild.

Not to be outdone, Sedridor and the tower wizards have an ambitious plan to create an extra-dimensional tower dedicated solely to seasonal cheer. It’s been an administrative nightmare, though: the imps, conjured to act as waiters, are missing; animated decorations are running amok; and the eccentric goblin and troll chef duo are taking a scarily explosive approach to Christmas catering.

Lend a helping hand to decorate the tower, organise the staff and whip up a feast to challenge even the most rotund of robed bellies. As well as a chance to meet plenty of old friends from the wizarding world, there’s also a new emote to be unlocked, a wand to spread festive goodwill to other players, and a tinsel snake pet for members. You’ll also unlock a minigame, only available over the Christmas period, where you can pit parties of battle-ready snowmen against each-other in stone-cold thaumaturgical throw-downs!

To start A Towering Feast:

Speak to Wizard Sinterklaas, outside of the Wizards’ Tower, south of Draynor Village.

Requirements

There are no level requirements, and the event may be completed by both members and free players.

Members will receive a tinsel snake pet, in addition to the other rewards.

Mod Pi

In Other News...

It seems that some of the frosty creations from the Wizards’ Christmas Banquet have escaped and are roaming through the world of Gielinor. Lend the wizards a further helping hand by bringing these unruly creations under control! They may appear anywhere, at any time, so keep an eye out; they may also have some snowy surprises hidden on them!

Miners will notice some extra sheen on rocks containing ore. As well as being a shiny visual improvement in itself, this will make it easier to spot rocks that are ready to be mined.

Don’t forget: During the period of 25th of December to the 5th of January you’ll receive 500 bonus loyalty points for each day you log in!

Nex has had the following changes made, in line with player feedback:

Nex no longer attacks while performing a "siphon" attack.

The landslide loses its "climb down" option after you have descended.

The spirit cape's message about cheaper Summoning specials has been added to the spam filter.

The click area on Nex has been doubled.[/quote']

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And they still haven't fixed leech curses, god damn it.

Eh? What was wrong with leech curses?

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Patch notes

20-Dec-2011 17:08:35

The following small fixes and adjustments have now been made to the game. If you spot any further bugs in-game, please use the Bug Report feature.

Quests & Tasks:

Some additional dialogue has been added to a certain stage of My Arm's Big Adventure directing players to the tool leprechaun.

Astral rune shards from Dream Mentor now have a left-click option for grinding.

Rune shards from Garden of Tranquillity now have a left-click option for grinding.

Skills & Minigames:

Scrapey tree logs from Trouble Brewing now have a Scrape option for use with the toolbelt.

The checks to see if players can purchase a granite body from Barbarian Assault now occur before any coins are taken.

Other:

Kuradal now assigns between 20-35 mithril dragons.

Some disabled toolbelt images have been made darker to distinguish between the disabled and enabled states.

Farmers now tell players that their greenfingers aura is protecting their crops when trying to pay farmers.

The Giant Mole now drops loot if it is killed whilst players are digging.

The amount of thread the player has is correctly checked when crafting lunar clothing.

It is now possible to clear a fruit tree patch using a spade in the toolbelt.

The resourceful aura now works correctly with chopping down trees without having killed an Evil Tree.

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

None of the leech curses activate if you're using combat spells anymore, save for the polypore staff. The bug has been around for about three weeks now.

patch notes:

Quests & Tasks:

Some additional dialogue has been added to a certain stage of My Arm's Big Adventure directing players to the tool leprechaun.

Astral rune shards from Dream Mentor now have a left-click option for grinding.

Rune shards from Garden of Tranquillity now have a left-click option for grinding.

Skills & Minigames:

Scrapey tree logs from Trouble Brewing now have a ‘Scrape’ option for use with the toolbelt.

The checks to see if players can purchase a granite body from Barbarian Assault now occur before any coins are taken.

Other:

Some disabled toolbelt images have been made darker to distinguish between the disabled and enabled states.

Farmers now tell players that their greenfingers aura is protecting their crops when trying to pay farmers.

The Giant Mole now drops loot if it is killed whilst players are digging.

The amount of thread the player has is correctly checked when crafting lunar clothing.

It is now possible to clear a fruit tree patch using a spade in the toolbelt.

The resourceful aura now works correctly with chopping down trees without having killed an Evil Tree.

Stats[hide]Z_e_n_o.png[/hide]

Well fudge sticks, that's a bit annoying for me. Rather liked the small amount she gave.

Last year's Xmas event was surprisingly fun, I guess they've listened to feedback for once.

rc1tzc.png

☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢ CAUTION ☢

None of the leech curses activate if you're using combat spells anymore, save for the polypore staff. The bug has been around for about three weeks now.

They were changed three weeks ago because some friends of me used them to scam people.

The Christmas event is upon us once again! Time to get my Santa suit back from Diango and pay a visit to the Wizard's Tower. :grin:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

They were changed three weeks ago because some friends of me used them to scam people.

So it's not a bug? They deliberately changed the way curses work? How did your friends scam others?

So it's not a bug? They deliberately changed the way curses work? How did your friends scam others?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjT6rKQvYCY&feature=channel_video_title

Different version of that. Don't ask me how because tip.it mods will h8 and I wouldn't tell you anyways.

No discussion after my post.

screenshot20111220at191.png

Nice jagex.

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING TODAY JAMFLEX?

Seriously, 4th system update of the day...woohoo...taking me close 30 minutes now to finish the last 30 dusties of my task! Only took me about 20 to kill the first 180. lmfao.

CLICK - 770th to 99 SLAYER 2/4/08 - 204th to 99 Summoning 7/1/08 CLICK

tifovsigev3.jpg

Druminator17.png

[Hide=List of Drops That I haven't updated in Years but want to keep in my Sig anyways...]VISAGE DROP - 12/06/07

3 Duo Sara Hilts, 3 Duo Arma Hilts, 2 Trio Arma Hilts.

Dark Bows: (11) Dragon Boots: (50!)

Whip Drops: (42!!!) Dragon Drops: (90+!!!!!) 2 D CHAINS!, 3 D Axe, 8 D meds, 7 left halfs, 7 D legs, 6 skirts, 8 Spears[/hide]

Yeah, clearly they're having some issues today. More bugtesting = less updating, guys... c'mon now...

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg