Tribes: Ascend - free-to-play multiplayer FPS

Azvareth

I play a couple of CTF rounds every week or so. I generally play a Tech or Brute on base defence/generator offence respectively as I can shoot and I can ski, but I can rarely do both well.

But going fast and nailing someone with a direct Spinfusor hit is easily the best feeling of accomplishment I've ever had in an FPS. I love the game, I just wish I was better at it. :v

FBqTDdL.jpg

sleep like dead men

wake up like dead men

I've moved away from Tech a while ago, can't remember the last time I actually played one. But I feel it is probably the most beginner-friendly class in the game. At least in CTF games, because you generally get a good sense of how it all sort of works, the teamplay, protecting the flag, keeping the generator/turrets/sensor up, upgrading, paying attention to the voice chat etc. Plus if you are actually doing what you're supposed to do as a Tech by maintaining base defenses, you're also helping out a lot. And it is quite an easy job, but pretty damn fun and hectic when you play against a good team. Compare this to a soldier mindlessly dancing around in midfield, or a raider just messing around in the enemy's generator room the whole game, both of which are far too common btw. They should really be playing TDM instead, not CTF.

Currently I'm mostly playing Pathfinder, focusing on flag capping and sometimes flag defence/chasing. There are few things quite as satisfying as doing a really clean flag cap at 370 km/h.

2009rb9.jpg

• 2 weeks later...