Tip.It Times - 1st January 2012

tripsis

Loved the survey data. Hated the fake behind the scenes because it will obviously confuse some people and has no basis on anything besides stuff hinted at Runefest.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aww, it was made up. Ah well.

I dunno, there are a lot of graphical updates this month... :shock:

That's why I found it more weird than entertaining I think. It wasn't true, but then it wasn't completely NOT true either.

Wrong thread

Talking about the BTS 2012 article published in the times...

Also, I did enjoy reading the "Understanding Efficiency" article. In my opinion, it was necessary as a counter to the other article published recently regarding efficiency.

How credible is the BTS article? I can't tell in the midst of all the parody (which I did enjoy).

It's not meant to be true at all, alg only used some references to real updates here and there.

Oh, I see. It was entertaining.

crossed_body.png

Great to see that all the effort Ham put into the survey is being appreciated.

"Imagine yourself surrounded by the most horrible cripples and maniacs it is possible to conceive, and you may understand a little of my feelings with these grotesque caricatures of humanity about me."

- H.G. Wells, The Island of Doctor Moreau

I grouped all the similar genres together. There's a lot of gray area between the similar ones. For instance, take bands like Breaking Benjamin, System of a Down, and Disturbed. Some would consider them metal and others would consider them hard rock. Obviously, they aren't the same, but appeal to similar audiences for the most part. Granted, a rock band like Radiohead probably wouldn't appeal to someone who listens to death metal, but still.

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

Guest jrhairychest

A good times this month. Enjoyed Blyaunte's efficiency article and Hamtaro's survey results which were very interesting. Much better :thumbup:

I don't see the merit in Blyaunte's article, in all honesty. Where's the revelation, i.e. promoting something we don't already know? I don't see it as beautifully articulated, eloquent piece of art either.

Well, apparently people didn't know much of that, seeing as the last times article on efficiency was a completely horrid attack on efficient players.

crossed_body.png

Regarding the first article, if possible, could you please post a pie chart of opinion of Jagex for only the players who identified themselves as P2P? Thanks :).

"Fight for what you believe in, and believe in what you're fighting for." Can games be art?

---

cWCZMZO.png

l1M6sfb.png

My blog here if you want to check out my Times articles and other writings! I always appreciate comments/feedback.

Regarding the first article, if possible, could you please post a pie chart of opinion of Jagex for only the players who identified themselves as P2P? Thanks :).

lntqa.png

Player since 2004. All skills 1M+ XP.

Hamtaro.png

"If it were possible to cure evils by lamentation..., then gold would be a less valuable thing than weeping." - Sophocles

"Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around the laws." - Plato

I don't see the merit in Blyaunte's article, in all honesty. Where's the revelation, i.e. promoting something we don't already know? I don't see it as beautifully articulated, eloquent piece of art either.

Apparently, not everyone has your breadth of revelatory knowledge. I thought it was well written and presented some things in a way that I had never thought of. Just because something did not appeal to you or reveal something to you does not mean it is unmerited. Perhaps you were not a part of the target audience, in which case, you are welcome to continue reading in future issues.

Binyam.png

Wow Ham's and Alg's articles this week were really great reading. I am still chuckling over Alg's commentary. Ham, thanks for extrapolating the information about our fanbase here at TIF -- it was very enlightening.

Thanks one and all for your kind words regarding my own article. I merely felt it was a necessary response to this article in clarifying certain points made at that time.

In any event, thanks again everyone.

nyuseg.png

Ham's article was extremely interesting, and the data shown is very intriguing.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Thanks one and all for your kind words regarding my own article. I merely felt it was a necessary response to this article in clarifying certain points made at that time.

Thank you for giving us the other side of the efficiency debate.

The EP is full of writers and editors, none of us are very efficient. :P

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Thank you for giving us the other side of the efficiency debate.

The EP is full of writers and editors, none of us are very efficient. :P

If you're implying that the efficiency of the Tip.it Times Panel is poor, then how do you guys publish your works on time? :sarcastic:

If you're implying that the efficiency of the Tip.it Times Panel is poor, then how do you guys publish your works on time? :sarcastic:

House elves. But it's a secret, so don't tell anyone. :-$

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

I don't remember any house-elves last I checked >.>

On the topic of the actual articles; I liked the data gathered in the Tip.it survey. When's the next one being conducted?

On the topic of the actual articles; I liked the data gathered in the Tip.it survey. When's the next one being conducted?

You want another one? What kind of information do you think that it should collect?

You want another one? What kind of information do you think that it should collect?

I agree with Skeptic, another article survey like that in a more private fashion would definitely be more of a read to me. I'd feel like a poll dealing with favorite skills, or 99 emotes, there are so many possibilities. Possible ideas would include some of the ones that are just around on these forums, but not found by most.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:
[hide=Wio, lol]logioh.png[/hide]