Welcome to Rune Tips, the first ever RuneScape help site. We aim to offer skill guides, quest guides, maps, calculators, informative databases, tips, and much more to help you get the most from the Massive Online Adventure Game, RuneScape, by Jagex Ltd © 2009.

Report Ad

Welcome to Forum.Tip.It
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Tip.It Times - 1st January 2012

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Binyam
[ Display Name History ]

Binyam

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 546 posts
  • RuneScape Status:P2P
  • RSN:Binyam

I don't see the merit in Blyaunte's article, in all honesty. Where's the revelation, i.e. promoting something we don't already know? I don't see it as beautifully articulated, eloquent piece of art either.

Apparently, not everyone has your breadth of revelatory knowledge. I thought it was well written and presented some things in a way that I had never thought of. Just because something did not appeal to you or reveal something to you does not mean it is unmerited. Perhaps you were not a part of the target audience, in which case, you are welcome to continue reading in future issues.

Blyaunte
[ Display Name History ]

Blyaunte

Demon Vanquisher

• Members
  • 2,051 posts
  • RSN:Blyaunte
Wow Ham's and Alg's articles this week were really great reading. I am still chuckling over Alg's commentary. Ham, thanks for extrapolating the information about our fanbase here at TIF -- it was very enlightening.

Thanks one and all for your kind words regarding my own article. I merely felt it was a necessary response to this article in clarifying certain points made at that time.

In any event, thanks again everyone.

nyuseg.png

Ezkaton
[ Display Name History ]

Ezkaton

#1 Bad Maxer

• Members
  • 2,387 posts
  • RSN:Ezkaton
  • Clan:EoE
Ham's article was extremely interesting, and the data shown is very intriguing.

34gU8.png

ezk120dg_zps0de40221.png

zP2k8Ej.png

7d95f5db02.png

Reacting impulsively and saying what's on your mind feels oh so good.. for a little, until you realize you just started WWIII.

2672nd person to reach 2496 total.
Thanks to Wicked for the awesome siggy :D

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

Thanks one and all for your kind words regarding my own article. I merely felt it was a necessary response to this article in clarifying certain points made at that time.

Thank you for giving us the other side of the efficiency debate.

The EP is full of writers and editors, none of us are very efficient. :P

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

Thank you for giving us the other side of the efficiency debate.

The EP is full of writers and editors, none of us are very efficient. :P

If you're implying that the efficiency of the Tip.it Times Panel is poor, then how do you guys publish your works on time? :sarcastic:

Kaida23
[ Display Name History ]

Kaida23

Retired Staff

• Members
  • 4,533 posts
  • RuneScape Status:F2P
  • RSN:Kaida23
  • Clan:Total F2P Skillers

If you're implying that the efficiency of the Tip.it Times Panel is poor, then how do you guys publish your works on time? :sarcastic:

House elves. But it's a secret, so don't tell anyone. :-$

Posted Image
Check out my blog to read the Adventures of a Big Damn (F2P) Hero.

Posted Image

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Assume Nothing
[ Display Name History ]

Assume Nothing

Ice Giant Melter

• Members
  • 4,191 posts
  • RuneScape Status:Semi-Retired

I don't remember any house-elves last I checked >.>

On the topic of the actual articles; I liked the data gathered in the Tip.it survey. When's the next one being conducted?

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
  • RuneScape Status:None

On the topic of the actual articles; I liked the data gathered in the Tip.it survey. When's the next one being conducted?

You want another one? What kind of information do you think that it should collect?

mlskid
[ Display Name History ]

mlskid

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 667 posts
  • RSN:mlskid

You want another one? What kind of information do you think that it should collect?

I agree with Skeptic, another article survey like that in a more private fashion would definitely be more of a read to me. I'd feel like a poll dealing with favorite skills, or 99 emotes, there are so many possibilities. Possible ideas would include some of the ones that are just around on these forums, but not found by most.

Mlskid.png
Summoning help:

Wio, lol

Vezon Dash
[ Display Name History ]

Vezon Dash

Black Knight Trainer

• Members
  • 3,276 posts
The EP will keep that in mind then.

pal2002
[ Display Name History ]

pal2002

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • Location:Thine alabaster cities gleam, Undimmed by human tears
Finally, I can rest easy knowing I didn't pm a bunch of info to a stranger :P

I think the most telling result is the 10% ish female thing... It not 0, but being out numbered 9 to 1 is still very imbalanced.... If only girls played more video games...
I would prefer even to fail with honor than to win by cheating - Sophocles
Posted Image

armybuilder
[ Display Name History ]

armybuilder

Scorpion Pit

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • RSN:Armybuilder
  • RSN2:Army and Ice
Was wondering when the survey results would be out. Nice to see tipit is a mixed bunch +)
Posted Image
Clans

Erewhon2
[ Display Name History ]

Erewhon2

Bear Fur

• Members
  • 288 posts
  • RSN:Aquillegia
Good to see the results of the survey, I wasn't sure what it was for and actually quite interesting results although not many surprises. Although I have to agree with the author that the one surprise was to see an equal balance between positive and negative outcomes about Jagex. The negatives have previously come out very strongly in the forum posts.

I found Blyaunte's article on understanding efficiency very good. A method of game play that I do not really comprehend and is definitely not for me! However, she explained how it was fun for hobby mathematicians (is there such a thing? :shock: ) and gave me a greater understanding of true efficiency players. It also widened the gap between those who complain about the game being boring and 'grindy' and throw the word 'efficiency' around, those like myself who play erratically in the most enjoyable way for me, and the truly efficient players who take pleasure from their planning and strategic approach.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users