A Very Barrows New Year

Saradomin_Mage

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and Ezy were discussing that we didn't really like the new design...

I pointed out that it may be the fact that they no longer look like ancient armor and weapons

EAVnEYl.png

Visit my blog! Click the madness for more madness!

Only sold my DFS once made for 8.2m, pretty poor but expected now ive seen 5 in one world in an hour....

Is it me of does jagex want every piece of armour to look like PVP armour (vesta, statius, ect...) now?

The_Diamond.png

1593th to 99 Farming - July 08.

Barrows Brothers, a 1 in 10 chance of getting double rewards, and the draconic visage added to their drops!

poorly worded, does this imply a 1/10 chance of a visage per chest?

Check it out, huge amount of effort has gone into this massive mod!

ODG6e0M.png

[hide=old sig]

newsig.png

[/hide]

So visages are a permanent drop at Barrows now?

Also, not a fan of the new look. I like green, but I'd rather they have stuck with the brown for Barrows. All the green stuff just seems... off to me.

Oh well, time to go see if they screwed up the tunnel mechanic.

a70c7.png

The GE on the rs page not working for anyone else?

edit no more spade needed for barrows

3 years after barrows becomes obsolete they finally add that, wow lol.

Retired

2146 overall - 136 combat - 6 skillcapes

Plus I think the whole teenage girl thing will end soon (hopefully), because my girlfriend is absolutely in love with him(she is 18), and im beginning to feel threatened by his [Justin Bieber] dashing looks.

I don't know why people are throwing the word obsolete around. Only a small percentage of players can afford Nex armours and Barrows armour is still widely used by mid to high level players.

Sylpheed.png

I don't know why people are throwing the word obsolete around. Only a small percentage of players can afford Nex armours and Barrows armour is still widely used by mid to high level players.

It's probably the most used armor outside of Bandos, and Ahrim's and Karil's gear is still widely used, since Armadyl has melee penalties and ganodermic has much higher requirements.

Obsolescent is the word you are looking for. A few of the Barrows armor is far from being obsolete at any rate.

I wonder if Jagex goof'd the visage rate from Barrows.. it sure seems fairly common so far.

Working on max and completionist capes.

2435/2475

Mahogany and teak logs now have a "Craft" option.

1234931504682.jpg

What about Eucalyptus?

And leech curses still haven't been fixed. Zzz...

Huh? Were they ever broken?

93959819.png

Leaaf.png

It's probably the most used armor outside of Bandos, and Ahrim's and Karil's gear is still widely used, since Armadyl has melee penalties and ganodermic has much higher requirements.

Meh - I have one friend who refuses to use anything other than his Torag's for ALL combat situations and he's level 137.

Then again, he also generally walks around in a Guthan's skirt, calling it a "kilt", so ... :rolleyes:

I shall be keen to see what happens when he logs in this evening and discovers his "kilt" has been changed. :lol:

nyuseg.png

Some of the sets look better, some worse. Veracs looks pretty cool but I kinda wish they kept the skirt look to it. And it might be just me or the fact that they're new items, but the barrow items seem a lot harder to tell apart. Or what they are. (In inventory.)

Squab unleashes Megiddo! Completed all quests and hard diaries. 75+ Skiller. (At one point.) 2000+ total. 99 Magic.
[spoiler=The rest of my sig. You know you wanna see it.]

my difinition of noob is i dont like u, either u are better then me or u are worst them me

Buying spins make you a bad person...don't do it. It's like buying nukes for North Korea.

Well if it bothers you that the game is more fun now, then you can go cry in a corner. :shame:

your article was the equivalent of a circumcized porcupine

The only thing wrong with it is the lack of a percentage for when you need to stroke it.

7ApdH.png
squabharpy.png
Poignant Purple to Lokie's Ravishing Red and Alg's Brilliant Blue.

Please fix:

Indication arrows appearing on someone else's spawn

Poor visibility due to random walls in tunnels

Monsters spawning on the wrong side of doors in tunnels

One person at a time-use doors

Small clickable space for spades

Barrows Gloves from RFD

Right-click "enter crypt" would be nice

No gamebreaking bugs and the sets have been brought into 2012 RuneScape without looking terrible. :)

Not a half bad update.

2dgucz6.png

Mahogany and teak logs now have a "Craft" option.

1234931504682.jpg

What about Eucalyptus?

And leech curses still haven't been fixed. Zzz...

Huh? Were they ever broken?

Yeah, and they still are. Other than the polypore staff, leech curses don't activate when you're casting combat spells.

Obsolescent is the word you are looking for. A few of the Barrows armor is far from being obsolete at any rate.

I wonder if Jagex goof'd the visage rate from Barrows.. it sure seems fairly common so far.

I'm not looking for any word. It was the guy I quoted that used the word obsolete.

Sylpheed.png

Idk if it's just me, but I seem to have no melee accuracy on karil/ahrim/akrisae. Using rapier+ddef, it's taking me ~30-45 seconds to kill them and I frequently hit 5 or more 0s in a row. Is anyone else having these problems?

flere_imsaho.png

As the size of an explosion increases, the number of social situations it is incapabale of solving approaches zero.

Ensure you are not a social situation.

Idk if it's just me, but I seem to have no melee accuracy on karil/ahrim/akrisae. Using rapier+ddef, it's taking me ~30-45 seconds to kill them and I frequently hit 5 or more 0s in a row. Is anyone else having these problems?

Not particularly, but I know that's just how it goes sometimes. I usually just have faith that where one brother might take that long to kill, I'll probably 2-hit another one. Or the rest.

Having more trouble with getting through all 7 brothers without OVL running out early, but then sometimes I finish in 4 min and have to wait -.- But it goes back to the above I suppose...

I'm actually also a bit disappointed visages were all they added. I had hoped for possibly Glacor boots or sigils to be added for a short time, even if only at like dchain from dusties kind of rates.

2dgucz6.png

I don't like the designs of barely any of Jagex's newer armours, including the new barrows sets. They seem to go overboard on spikes and details instead of focusing on the main parts of the armours. The old barrows armours (Especially Dharoks and Torags) looked incredibly bulky and solid, reflecting their high armour ratings, but now they just look brittle and weak.

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I don't think I'm liking the new designs :( And they have a horrible, sickly green colour.

Posted Image

- 99 fletching | 99 thieving | 99 construction | 99 herblore | 99 smithing | 99 woodcutting -

- 99 runecrafting - 99 prayer - 125 combat - 95 farming -

- Blog - DeviantART - Book Reviews & Blog