The Firemaker's Curse - 11 - Jan

Carl

Fires go out too fast. I was looking forward to this quest, but now it seems I can't even get past the second puzzle.

Also, there being no reference for how big the shapes should be is bloody annoying.

If you take a peek in the journal you picked up, it'll show you the pattern.

It shows you the pattern, yea. But it doesn't show you how many fires per line, where to build it, how many spaces between lines, etc. Making it a pain in the ass.

hzyi3.gif

Thanks to Iglw for the amazing signature!

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't understand what people are finding hard about the fight. I just got her to half hp on my first attempt that was with no food.

You run around, lighting as many fires as possible, when she rages just stay away (or run into the water to get it off asap) and attack when you have lots of fires lit + got a buff. Then dodge the wall of fire as before.

I beat her! :D

Add 110 for each fire lit, that's the damage you'll hit. Don't bother about the safespot thing I said, Just run around lighting a lot of fires when She's in her rage mode. Don't care about luring her down to the water. Then just hit her as much as you can in between.

The buffs aren't important, they are just helpful, and they'll be lured into your fires every once in a while if you've have around 10-12 fires lit in the room anyway.

This boss is proving a pita.

Basically if you accidentaly hit when shes enraging = 1 hit death

Each fire lit = 101 damage if you manage to hit her

Her attack is typeless so no prayer blocking.

Hard to get more tan 10 fires going at once, and 1011 damage barely makes a dent in her bar.

Her normal attacks hit like 200-300

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

How to kill the boss

Char has 2 different attacks: A basic melee attack that hits ~274 (changes throughout the fight) at the beginning, and a "rage mode" attack that with K.O. you most of the time. What you're going to want to do is spam click fires in a large oval pattern around the edge of the arena, and after she exits her rage mode (don't bother luring her into water, her rage mode is short-lasted) attack her as you regularly would. Each fire that is up (you can see how many you have in the top left corner) will damage her for 101 life points. She has quite a few lifepoints, so it will take a while. As soon as she begins to glow, make sure to run away to avoid being K.O.'ed or taking high damage.

When she is around half health, walls of fire from one of the previous puzzle will appear and begin to hit you for 300-400 damage if you don't line yourself up in the empty row. Simply continue this method until she's dead. Don't worry about collecting buffs. Your ordinary attack will do enough damage, and if you spam enough fire on the ground buffs will sort of "be captured in your web of fires". It helps to bring an EEE, unicorn, and rocktails just in case. Afterwards, just walk out of the exit and there you go:

120111074841.png

Edited by Ezkaton
Removed SK Link.
Trollbomber.png

Beat it 2nd attempt, used 5 sharks.

[hide]ScreenShot710.png[/hide]

Simply spam fires while running, attack her when her rage mode runs off, you should never be close to being hit by it either way and her normal attacks do next to no damage most of the time. Dodging fire waves is easy enough and that's all there is to it. The sparks are meaningless and don't do any damage.

I really must say. Shes probably like the Nomad version for skillers. Lots of running around and avoiding things.

Elricedward.png
Barrows Items: 1x Dharok's Platelegs, 1x Veracs's Plateskirt, 1x Dharok's Greataxe, 2x Torag's Platelegs, 1x Akrisae's War Mace, 1x Ahrim's Robeskirt, 3x Akrisae's Robetop, 1x Guthan's Warspear, 1x Akrisae's Robeskirt, 1x Torag's Helm, 2x Verac's Brassard, 1x Karil's Pistol Crossbow

New equipment from circus (Think only these two)

[hide]ScreenShot711.png[/hide]

The two firemaking events are Firebreathing and some thing with a fire stick which you spin around :P.

Both have 6 tries (rather than 10 in the others). Got 19k xp from each (So 38k total) but I'm not high enough for most of the tasks (95 is max for both)

I got the top from the agility part btw, not from firemaking

More info on those items.

firemakersclothes.png

Firemaker's Trousers

Firemaker's Tabard

Both have no stats. Both weigh 0.5kg

Fires go out too fast. I was looking forward to this quest, but now it seems I can't even get past the second puzzle.

Also, there being no reference for how big the shapes should be is bloody annoying.

If you take a peek in the journal you picked up, it'll show you the pattern.

It shows you the pattern, yea. But it doesn't show you how many fires per line, where to build it, how many spaces between lines, etc. Making it a pain in the ass.

In general, none of the lines are really broken, except for the second puzzle, which is a bit of a stretch because it's not a solid pattern anyway. Granted, you don't have a lot of specifics, but the important details are there...the fires do need to last a bit longer though, I can barely get them set up fast enough while running and switching colors.

I'm not really sure about the third possession room, because the setting yourself on fire thing could go either way.

8f14270694.jpg