16-Jan-2012 - Hati & Sköll

Saradomin_Mage

Sköll almost killed me in Virtus. :huh: Eh?

Got gloves and cape. Another holiday item to my POH.

Saw you getting ripped^^

Is the xp boost time based or xp based? Like can I semi-afk the agility course and still gain the same total bonuses? Do I get better xp when I only equip the gloves while doing the last obstacle of the course?

1) Equipping the gloves won't help you any doing agility. Gloves = cmb, Boots = agile and wc

2) As with the gloves the boots drained based on xp gained; therefore just leaving them on is best whether you gain 1mil lots of 1 xp or 10 lots of 100k xp you still get the same outcome.

Also Jagex failed with copy and pasting, when you hit 90% on boots you get the fell power ebbing chat box message...but it says gloves

Plv6Dz6.jpg

Operation Gold Sparkles :: Chompy Kills ::  Full Profound :: Champions :: Barbarian Notes :: Champions Tackle Box :: MA Rewards

Dragonkin Journals :: Ports Stories :: Elder Chronicles :: Boss Slayer :: Penance King :: Kal'gerion Titles :: Gold Statue

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a big fan of the metallic style they used for everything. But I really hate how the xp you gained now pops up in the middle of the screen, any way to make it stop?

I hope next year we get the top & bottom to the wolf outfit.

2480+ total

Not a big fan of the metallic style they used for everything. But I really hate how the xp you gained now pops up in the middle of the screen, any way to make it stop?

I wonder if Kyatt top and bottom would go well with the gloves, boots, cloak, and head. Is it weird the wolf that drops the item that gives a boost to two noncombat skills happens to be stronger than the one that drops the combat xp-boosting one? :P

Give it about 5 days before the hype dies down, then try to solo both. Even with 15 people i went from 990-210 hp in a matter of seconds thanks to the Sköll. Interested to see what he's like to solo

I believe that massive damage is Skoll's entrance attack, i.e. the massive flame thing he brings down with him. If you're within that square you'll get damaged a lot.

icecube7.jpeg

Right click the XP button, select Toggle XP Pop-Up.

Got all the stuff within 10 minutes. Free exp ty. |^_^|

When are they going to learn 99% of the RS Community doesn't like the orange font in the skill tab?

Be careful with that though...I've heard of a lot of people who had their xp reset despite not clicking reset. Not 100% sure if that's legit though.

Seems like the xp popups are sometimes incorrect (the round progress icons while skilling).

I had a full bar while i still had like 10-20% left to the next level

"The more persistence a game tries to have; the longer it is set up to last; the greater number (and broader variety) of people it tries to attract; and in general the more immersive a game/world it set out to be--then the more breadth and depth of human experience it needs to support to be successful for more than say, 12-24 months. If you try to create a deeply immersive, broadly appealing, long-lasting world that does not adequately provide for human tendencies such as violence, acquisition, justice, family, community, exploration, etc (and I would contend we are nowhere close to doing this), you will see two results: first, individuals in the population will begin to display a wide range of fairly predictable socially pathological behaviors (including general malaise, complaining, excessive bullying and/or PKing, harassment, territoriality, inappropriate aggression, and open rebellion against those who run the game); and second, people will eventually vote with their feet--but only after having passionately cast 'a pox on both your houses.' In essence, if you set people up for an experience they deeply crave (and mostly cannot find in real life) and then don't deliver, they will become like spurned lovers--somebecome sullen and aggressive or neurotic, and eventually almost all leave."

Mike Sellers' Hypothesis

Be careful with that though...I've heard of a lot of people who had their xp reset despite not clicking reset. Not 100% sure if that's legit though.

Those are legit and it is not a bug. If you click on any other stat then the stat you are tracking your xp in the prev stat will reset automatically.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

What does the circle around the skill icon at the top of the screen signify? I thought perhaps it represented the percentage of xp til your next level in that respective skill because it fills the more xp you get, but I have 170k to my next level and its full already.

kaisershami.png

He who wears his morality but as his best garment were better naked... Your daily life is your temple and your religion

When are they going to learn 99% of the RS Community doesn't like the orange font in the skill tab?

After they try it of course!

...over and over again.

Albert Einstein once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." So when are they removing the wild and enacting trade limits again? :lol:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

My gloves have 89% of the charge remaining in them. Meaning that's what's left over from last year. Am I able to use up that 89% and recharge them completely, afterwards?

RIP Michaelangelopolous

...over and over again.

Albert Einstein once said "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." So when are they removing the wild and enacting trade limits again? :lol:

I hope they are considering that.

Newb, I don't think so. Although, I used my 100% on stringing (any magic exp counted towards) but if you did have 89% left over, it wouldn't matter because the glove's power vanished after a certain date anyway last time.

My gloves have 89% of the charge remaining in them. Meaning that's what's left over from last year. Am I able to use up that 89% and recharge them completely, afterwards?

I was under the impression all unused charges were removed of May last year, but maybe they came back? If you haven't killed Hati again this year, I would wager yes, you could use your current charge then recharge later.

trains2.png

[spoiler=I LOVE MY STATION]

01001001001001110110110100100000010101000111011101100101011011000111011001100101

00100000011000010110111001100100001000000111011101101000011000010111010000100000

Well yes I haven't been to Hati yet and haven't used my gloves, so the 89% must have carried over. I know I never used them to their full potential last year, anyway. Perhaps the charge was simply disabled for the year, not actually depleted.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

Well yes I haven't been to Hati yet and haven't used my gloves, so the 89% must have carried over. I know I never used them to their full potential last year, anyway. Perhaps the charge was simply disabled for the year, not actually depleted.

Since you didn't recharge them yet, there is a 'check' option to confirm if that is true or not.

Obviously not as it's the 2nd/3rd time they change it from yellow to orange and it's the 2nd/3rd time people complain about it.

I'm not a fan of the new Skill Guide interface when you select a skill. Personally I like being able to see what's going on in-game when I'm using an in-game guide.

RIP Michaelangelopolous

I'm not a fan of the new Skill Guide interface when you select a skill. Personally I like being able to see what's going on in-game when I'm using an in-game guide.

Very much agreed.

In particular, I like to be able to chat while using an in-game guide. I've never liked that I can't see the rest of the game when using the world map, but I understand that it's necessary with that; with skill guides, though, it's not necessary at all. The extra info is nice, but I'd honestly rather use Tip.It/RSWiki for the same information than use the current interface.

Obtained quest cape and base 92 before obtaining any 99s! Currently finishing out my 99s with the (long-distant) goal of comp cape.
Sorator.png
260pifq.jpg

gMIy8.jpg