Return and Recovery - :LEESTERS Blog

Oh yeah Leesters, you can make use of your coal bag when smelting addy ores :P The game will automatically use the coal in the bag first, meaning that you can do 7 bars per run. Just remember to keep filling your bag!

If you've got Varrock Armour 3 put that on too, you have a chance of double smelting bars that way, which quickens the process ever so slightly.

If you need to get feathers, start running around the fishing shops and buy their stock out each day. Each shop carries 1000 feathers, so you'll be able to get all the feathers you need fairly quickly (or you can just fork out the cash for the convenience of the Grand Exchange).

Pictures? You can use http://imageshack.us/ to upload them. Once your pictures are uploaded, just copy the forum code they provide and paste them into your reply. I'm sure we'd love to see your progress so far :)

6Ij0n.jpg

In real life MMO you don't get 99 smithing by making endless bronze daggers.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome back :)

You seem to be getting back into the game. It's nice to see you progress with the money-making.

Good luck with the smithing and killing! The best of luck to you!

lGxorje.png

Add me if you so wish: SwreeTak

It was nice talking to you in game yesterday and comparing our experiences of loss and sadness after being hacked and plans on rebuilding! Good luck with the dreadful smelting and smithing!

Peace,

Vann

Wow. I seemed to forget how long it takes to smelt 300 addy bars.

You can only do four at a time, and it took me all morning to get half of them done, and all night to get the other half done.

But, I have almost 1000 addy bars now.

I wonder if its going to take as long to smith them. :P

We'll see. Its 10pm on my clock, and I'm gonna get started on them.

Think I should do the feathers? Thats gonna take a lot of feathers, and I'm not sure what GE prices are for each.

Will let you know. :)

Glad to see you are back :)

If you plan on smelting a lot of addy in the future, maybe you should do some dunging first and buy a coal bag?

There are also other dungeon rewards that are handy for skilling. The gem bag to hold your gems when you mine (and if you look at the current price for uncut diamonds, you do want to pick up and sell the ones you stumble over), the scroll of efficiency to save bars when you smith (but mainly work for multibar items), scroll of life and scroll of cleansing for herblore and farming benefits.

Wow. I actually have a coal bag. lol.

The thought never occurred to me to use it while smithing. That will come in handy when I do the pile of mithril I have.

Thanks guys! I might just do those now.

I sold a fury ammy I still had, and got my dragon plate and legs decorated. Hated to sell it, but I will add buying another onyx as a goal. I have like 130k in tokens or whatever they're called down there. Will have to read up on onyx.

I'll let you know what I do, as I really don't have a plan. Off to the game!

A circus in Runescape?? Oh my.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

I'm back, add me if you deleted me. :)

Pictures? You can use http://imageshack.us/ to upload them. Once your pictures are uploaded, just copy the forum code they provide and paste them into your reply. I'm sure we'd love to see your progress so far :)

Awesome! Thanks! I'll see if I can post a pretty picture. Thanks for the info! Gonna go see how long it takes me to figure it out. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

REMEMBER RUNESCAPE KARMA! Be a nice player, and nice things will come back to you.

dragplate2.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-21

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

dragplate2.jpg

Shot at 2012-01-21

Wow that was easy! Thanks!

Still need to decorate the shield, and get my red phat back. (lol on that last one... unless someone has 1.3 billion laying around :P)

Okay, nice to know how to post a pic! This blog will get much more colorful now. :D

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

That's the best kind of plan. :thumbup:

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

That's the best kind of plan. :thumbup:

+1

Great to see you making so much progress this fast! :D

and I'm looking forward to see some nice pictures! ;)

sig8.png

65 67 65 68 60 91 59 64

sig9.png

82 89 84 93 83 83 82 71

sigforilufyoubyhawkxs.jpg

CLICK ME.

If U click this I won't eat your brain! I Plomise

angel2w.gifThank you Hawkxs For the awesome siggy!

Wow, an onyx is 2.7M tokkul.

No wonder it was worth so much. Raping my own bank. Shame on me! Thats gonna take forever to get.... easier to just make regular money and buy it that way.

And that's buying it BACK. They are like 9-10 M at GE price.

I feel like I cheated.

Just another thing I need to get back now.

Oh well, its lower on the importance list, so I'll just add it on the list and enjoy the full dragon in the meantime. I rarely used the dang thing anyway.

Bah. Shame on me.

Gonna punish myself by fighting the horde at the rune rocks today.

In full dragon. :P

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Wow. Torstal is a goldmine.

When your slaying, there are assignments for guys that drop the seeds. Not that rare, for some guys. And since its the highest level herb,

(is that right still? I've heard alot of herblore coming back... well lets just say the chatter I hear I don't fully understand anymore. I have heard there is a new herb as well. And the different farming locations I haven't even been to yet. Anyway....)

So... I ask the question on elders chat about an herb that is just insanely over priced right now, and that rumor is why I was at GE. Someone mentioned Torstal, and my first thought was "no, that wasn't it. I'd remember that one", and then elder ones started talking about the prices on it.

So I had 28 torstol seeds, and 43 herbs. Just from saving them up as drops. Never even knew what potions they made. Just been banking them since they came out. plopped them in GE and wow...

torstolsale.jpg

So yeah. 8.6 million for the seeds, another 1.6 for the random herbs I've been keeping, and that price I got for the seeds.... was almost exactly how much dragonfire shields were going at. As you can see, I pulled the trigger, and have a DFS again.

And absolutely no more torstol, except the bank marker.

But.....

dfswfulldragoni.jpg

That's much better. Much much better! I feel whole again.

Seriously. I feel whole, done-kinda-whole.

I'm gonna search this blog for lists of things I needed, because I really feel done. I feel rebuilt. Is it true all I'm missing from before the hack is about 43M in cash? All items replaced, party hat excluded? I'll have to comb through the blog and see if I listed stuff I needed early on.

Rebuilding this thing was sooooo much easier than I thought. But dragon plate was 8M, for some reason, I thought it was 48M. The DFS was an herb I have no interest in I had laying in the bank. The dragon gear donations were unexpected, and officially the coolest part about this little adventure. Ya'll made that part of this blog very cool, very very cool indeed. Dragon weapons were all taken care of by ya'll. I didn't have to replace a single weapon, except breaking one of my rules about not taking free stuff. For those of you who randomly wanted to give me something in the past, might have gotten the "I don't take stuff for free" speech. I drew an exception on this adventure, and it was the most rewarding thing about this blog. Still trying to figure that out. #-o

Okay, new goal is just get the 50M cash and the account is recovered, minus the party hat. ( Man, that was the happiest thing about coming back. Seeing a red phat I got ages ago being so freaking expensive. But I always said I never would have sold it, and I never would have. )

So, I am so close to 99 slayer.....

slayerxp.jpg

...and I'm a little bummed out, because I thought I was closer. :D

What's gonna come first..... 99 slayer or 50M?

*edits* Oh yeah... gotta replace the fury.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Best thing is that you feel rebuilt and you sound happy. You're ready to rock. Good on you! :thumbup:

bramady2xg.jpg

Ha! RS name is Bramady. Yell gidday if you see her as she's probably just risen from the dead or heading off to die. Blimmin cat should stay home....out of trouble. And that nice Mr Pup found her again. Ain't he choice!

Well, that was unexpectedly fast. :P

Yeah, seemed too easy, right? Well, I just seemed to forget about one of my favorite weapons I used before the hack... Sara Godsword.

Yep, still need my SGS.

Wow. Bummer. They are like 100M in GE.

Yep, gotta replace the SGS. Maybe some of my old boss hunting buddies wanna see about getting lucky, and try for a hilt drop. I got the first one as a drop, but I'm so scardey-cat over all the changes, I"ll probably walk into the room and go... What the heck is this?? I don't know if they fixed the solo-ing.

You could stand behind a certain rock, and just long range the boss. It was very easy... I was doing like 10 per trip. Did they nix that?

Anywaaaaaay.........

I got a big item to get. THat's gonna take a long time. You were right. That was too easy.

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Welcome back!

I remember reading your old blogs about mining rune and killing greaters for clues.

Good luck getting it all back!

"300 programmers make their futile but glorious last stand against 1000000 angry players in The battle of Misthalin. They fight for honor, glory and new content sacrificing themselves so that their game may live on. This is Madness! This Is JAGEEEX!"

Maybe some of my old boss hunting buddies wanna see about getting lucky, and try for a hilt drop. I got the first one as a drop, but I'm so scardey-cat over all the changes, I"ll probably walk into the room and go... What the heck is this?? I don't know if they fixed the solo-ing.

You could stand behind a certain rock, and just long range the boss. It was very easy... I was doing like 10 per trip. Did they nix that?

What that was, it's definitely been fixed :P

Try out DKs with Toast, if you can ! Whole bunch of new toys to play with that absolutely wreck them now.

6Ij0n.jpg

The last time I went to Dag Kings was maybe 3 years ago. Have there been changes since I've been away? lol. I have a feeling its gonna be completely different, I trip over my noobie shoes, and leave a gravestone I am stressing to get back to, only to die again.

You know, I'll do a couple suicide trips.. just to get a feel of 3 years worth of changes, and let you know.

As for the SGS, I'm mining rune to make cash. TONS more rune miners. Back in my day it was pretty rare to have 85 mining, or whatever it takes to mine rune. But they're still great cash, at just over 10k per. A load with a turtle, over a million.

But what a daunting number. 100 million. Have been mining rune like crazy (so much of it out of the wild now, but lots of competition) and I'm still only at 8 million. I know, its only been like 2 days.... but.......

Getting 92 million mining rune is not a fun thing to think about.

I guess I'll work on my DK skills. It will actually be fun to do some suicides down there. You still keep three items when you die, right???? lol

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

SGS is only 23.4m :P

Let's go to Dag kingssssssss

What you say?? Gotta check that out!

Leesters.png

Leesters.png

Well that's definitely made one goal a whole lot easier :thumbsup:

DK'd yet? Bet the Kings are waiting for the Master!

We need to somehow get oddfaery and trojann back, too.

6Ij0n.jpg