New Lure / Bug Abuse to Watch Out For

Riptide Mage

Interestingly this doesn't involve pvp at all. The person will claim to have a method for duplicating items and instruct you to follow them from lumbridge. They will tell you to stand at this spot:

wt7sz.jpg

The person will then instruct you to perform a few more actions before having you run to another spot and drop your item you wish to have duplicated. What really happens is as soon as you drop your item the game forces to walk off the square the item is on, and any attempts to grab your dropped item forces you to the square one south of the item. The lurer then waits until your item appears and telegrabs it.

I wasn't dumb enough to drop anything of value, but the other people weren't so lucky.

Edited by LJ13
You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

lolz Im doing it, dropped a grimy marrentil.

Pinata.png
Capes in order: Firemaking - Cooking - Construction - 99 Dungeoneering
- 120 Dungeoneering - Quest - Strength - Prayer - Herblore - Constitution
- Attack - Defence - Ranged - Runecrafting - Magic - Fletching - Mining

- Farming - Smithing - Slayer - Woodcutting - Summoning - Thieving - Hunter

- Fishing - Agility - Crafting - Divination - Max - Completionist

0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0000 0100 0101

Daym. That would suck if you fell for it. :wall:

Wonders if it's possible to make anti-scam autotypers, every world, have one set up saying "If someone has led you to this area to duplicate items, it's a scam! Report them and leave now!"

Wishful thinking. :twss:

yqe0mrU.jpg

^^My blog of EoC PvM, lols and Therapy.^^

My livestream- Currently: Offline :(

Offical Harpy Therapist of the Mad

[hide=Lewtations]

Barrows drops: Dharok's helm x2, Guthan's helm, Ahrim's top, Hood and skirt, Torag's hammers, Karils skirt, Karil's top, Torag's helm, Verac's skirt, Verac's Flail, Dharok's Platebody.

Dag kings drops: Lost count! :wall:

4k+ Glacors, 7 Ragefires, 4 Steadfasts, 4 Glaivens, 400+ shards![/hide]

In my opinion anyone who is not a newbie to Runescape would never fall for such a lame attempt at a scam...

In my opinion anyone who is not a newbie to Runescape would never fall for such a lame attempt at a scam...

Although I can imagine people trying it, not knowing there is this glitch that you can't pick your stuff up anymore.

http://sign.tip.it/1/2/79/260/essiw.png

Retired item crew

I would like to be credited as essiw at the website update & corrections forum. Thanks!

Jagex should ban the victim as well, just to send a message that they don't tolerate people breaking (or in this case attempting to break) the rules. Someone getting scammed like this and reporting the person reminds me of when you see on the news someone calling the police saying "I was trying to buy crack and they took my money and gave me nothing/plaster/baking soda, I was defrauded!" Then the police arrest the person for admitting they were trying to buy drugs.

banner6jf.jpg

jomali.png

These spaces have been around for a while...unfortunately now someone has found a way to abuse them.

What these spaces are doing is essentially this: They're supposed to be unwalkable squares, that for some reason are not. Apparently player code has some built in check to see if he should be able to stand there, and if he shouldn't be, the game will make him leave it. It was the same with the edgeville wormhole glitch that's been fixed some time ago. I'm sure there are other spaces like that around that haven't been discovered yet.

i found a place like this at the entrance to the warped torts. i was taken away by a random as i was exiting the dungeon, when i returned, my box was in a place i could not pick it up. when i tried to walk on top of it, i would be taken outside.

Bbeetuna.png

smart one, and yea i can def see ppl drop items just thinking, wth i can grab it at any time. I would never bring any value items when following scammers/bug abusers for fun. but out of 10 im sure 1 would fall for it, and that's usually enough for a scamer.

And banning the victim would be wrong, some do it to find out whats beeing abbused, so they can report it, i meen its not like LJ13 tried to double a pie? and if it had worked, its not like she would run of and get her D claws to double them? Most players when they find a glitch are vice enough to report it, then walk away.

anyways, nice to see this, was unaware of this type of spots.

fresiandthesheep1.jpg

Dyslexia lvl 99, Youtube:3D RS, My 3D on Tif, My Runetrack, My Tif Profile

Then how do you get onto that square long enough to drop something in the first place?

So you're telling me you can stand back over the item you just dropped, but not pick it back up?

This. I don't really understand how you can drop it fast enough but not pick it up.

Sylpheed.png

Then how do you get onto that square long enough to drop something in the first place?

So you're telling me you can stand back over the item you just dropped, but not pick it back up?

This. I don't really understand how you can drop it fast enough but not pick it up.

Dropping happens from inventory - at that moment your "character" won't look where it stands.

When you try to pick up you send to the sever the code where you stand and a request to pick that item up. The server than sees that you stand in a spot where you shouldn't be capable of going, and simply thinks you "hacked". As a measure it puts you away from that spot and won't let you pick up the item. You're moved away BECAUSE you interact with the world. With dropping you don't interact with the world.

First they came to fishing

and I didn't speak out because I wasn't fishing

Then they came to the yews

and I didn't speak out because I didn't cut yews

Then they came for the ores

and I didn't speak out because I didn't collect ores

Then they came for me

and there was no one left to speak out for me.

There's a similar spot at desert strykewyrms. A wyrm dropped an elite clue and I was unable to loot it... Ran to bank for telegrabs and got 100k loot from the clue lol.

As long as you have the add note or any other interface open while you are standing on the square you won't walk off it. Its just that add note allows you to switch tabs and access your inventory.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

I went there looking for scammers to report, tried it out and it seems to have been patched or something, because you can't drop on that square. If you select drop, it will just move you and you'll keep your item. Not sure if this is all locations, or just the Lumby one.