New Lure / Bug Abuse to Watch Out For

Riptide Mage

I went there looking for scammers to report, tried it out and it seems to have been patched or something, because you can't drop on that square. If you select drop, it will just move you and you'll keep your item. Not sure if this is all locations, or just the Lumby one.

Confirmed that the lumby spot no longer works.

You make it sound like running through a few level 87 monsters is hard which it really shouldn't be at your level.

riptide_mage.png

riptide_mage.png

thanks for pointing this out to me, two people just tried to pull it on me in lumbridge ... so i went along with the conversation for a bit until i had enough to show that they were 'duping' items, so i reported them as they were encouraging rule breaking, exploiting a bug, and if jagex is aware of the problem they were also scamming :P

wonder if anything will happen to em, one was a level 136 in full torva xD

Muckytears.png

Jagex should ban the victim as well, just to send a message that they don't tolerate people breaking (or in this case attempting to break) the rules. Someone getting scammed like this and reporting the person reminds me of when you see on the news someone calling the police saying "I was trying to buy crack and they took my money and gave me nothing/plaster/baking soda, I was defrauded!" Then the police arrest the person for admitting they were trying to buy drugs.

I agree with this. At least give them temp ban.

hvXho.png

99+ all 23rd March 2012 - 2496 total 13th June 2012.

9000+ dragon drops! Including draconic visage, d chains, d spears, d2h, d claws, d meds, d legs, d skirts... d bones, d hides :)?

w85p2012-1.png

I want jagex to put resource dungeons and dungeoneering skill doors to dungeoneering floors so I can dungeon and get dungeoneering xp while I dg so I don't have to dg to get dg exp, but I can dg while I dg :)?

Don't drop items you are not willing to lose.

This. Even if someone's not trying to scam you, all it would take to lose the item forever is disconnecting for any reason.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

Especially not after today's ruling against Impluse.

f2punitedfcbanner_zpsf83da077.png

THE place for all free players to connect, hang out and talk about how awesome it is to be F2P.

So, Kaida is the real version of every fictional science-badass? That explains a lot, actually...

This is one of the scams in which I feel no empathy for the victim. If you try to dupe items, you deserve to lose them. As said earlier in the thread, ban both the scammer and the victim.

smart one, and yea i can def see ppl drop items just thinking, wth i can grab it at any time. I would never bring any value items when following scammers/bug abusers for fun. but out of 10 im sure 1 would fall for it, and that's usually enough for a scamer.

And banning the victim would be wrong, some do it to find out whats beeing abbused, so they can report it, i meen its not like LJ13 tried to double a pie? and if it had worked, its not like she would run of and get her D claws to double them? Most players when they find a glitch are vice enough to report it, then walk away.

anyways, nice to see this, was unaware of this type of spots.

And then there's the Falador Massacre.

8f14270694.jpg