Controllers.

Nomrombom

You can use a PS3 or 360 controller as well if you download motioninjoy. Works perfectly, used it to play F:NV on PC (for godmode <3)

Most people have wireless controllers now and to hook your wireless controller (for xbox) to your PC you need a specific usb adapter. The recharging kit doesn't work.

The recharging cable I got with the controller worked with my PC. Any mini usb to usb cable should work...

Miniusb? Are you sure you're talking about xbox controllers? What you're saying applies to PS3 controllers.

hzvjpwS.gif

I smashed my 360 controller once in sheer frustration while playing Halo. Threw it aiming for the couch but missed and hit the floor instead. No serious damage, which is a miracle given the force I put into it, but the RB button's slightly out of place.

Usually I buy the standard controller. I don't really buy into the thought that having a special controller would help me skillwise.

I've only ever slightly broken one controller and that was my PS2 one, which I accidentally stood on and broke the two sides of the casing apart. Luckily they snapped back into place quite easily I think, or I glued them together, cannot quite remember. My controllers last a very long time. I'm currently using my original Xbox and controllers as my 360 isn't here at uni, and the analogue sticks are incredibly worn.

I don't quite understand what special controllers do to improve playing. Do they improve the reaction time between controller and console?

Want to be my friend? Look under my name to the left<<< and click the 'Add as friend' button!

zqXeV.jpg

Big thanks to Stevepole for the signature!^

I've only ever slightly broken one controller and that was my PS2 one, which I accidentally stood on and broke the two sides of the casing apart. Luckily they snapped back into place quite easily I think, or I glued them together, cannot quite remember. My controllers last a very long time. I'm currently using my original Xbox and controllers as my 360 isn't here at uni, and the analogue sticks are incredibly worn.

I don't quite understand what special controllers do to improve playing. Do they improve the reaction time between controller and console?

No. It depends what type you get. You can get ones with extra buttons for mapping, you can get extra sensitive buttons/triggers/sticks, you can get very lightweight or heavy controllers (even seen a few with adjustable weight inserts). I believe you can also have a completely custom made controller done just for your personal preference, whatever shape you like. Costs an arm and a leg though.

PM me for fitocracy invite

On topic of PS3/360 controller quality I think have to say a few things.

Close friend has gone through 5 360 controllers, yet not a single PS3 one has been broken. The first thing to be broken on 360 controller is the stick. Simply doesn't get back to the center anymore and is loose... The D-pad in 360 is simply horrible, terrible, bad thing. Why is it even there if it sucks so hard? So mushy and all over the place and unresponsive (Yes, I play fighters with original pads)... PS ones are a lot better. I've had my PS2 for 7 years now and the original controller is still in top condition and it got a lot of hard work on it. I personally even might prefer 360 controllers because of the stick position on shooters, yet anywhere else I like PS's placement better.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

Got a new controller, a USB one for my 360. Got the wired one so I could use it on the computer as well when playing games on the computer. Works pretty well. I don't understand why the Wireless one I bought a few months ago has much less quality than the 3 year old one and the new USB one, maybe the fact that I got it on sale for $20 has something to do with it, but it's still branded Microsoft.

I've grown up with Playstation controllers, so no other controller fits right in my hands. Never seen one in great detail, so I just looked up 360 controllers, they look weird as hell.

#KERR2016/17/18/19/20/21.

#rpgformod

Having owned both consoles (X-360 and PS3), I definitely prefer the xbox controller. PS controller is far to small for my hands and when I used it to play CoD I strained my thumb reaching for it. Xbox controller just feels right, I guess.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Having owned both consoles (X-360 and PS3), I definitely prefer the xbox controller. PS controller is far to small for my hands and when I used it to play CoD I strained my thumb reaching for it. Xbox controller just feels right, I guess.

Many believe that the 1980 eruption of Mt. Saint Helens was a catostrophic geological event, in reality it was the day that Jimi Hendrix returned to Earth from the next world and actually stood up next to a mountain and chopped it down with the edge of his hand.

-Random Youtuber

Doublepost much? Still, I remain to my point that the D-Pad is nigh unusable for anything needing precise input on the X360 controller... And I do prefer the joystick placement for shooters, but for anything else PS3 controller just feels better for me. Even though I have massive hands (I am a giant, I am freaking 6'9 tall just fyi) I can just hold on to that remote and keep it up without my hands being supported on anything for prolonged durations, whilst X360 remote is just too heavy for it.

t3aGt.png

So I've noticed this thread's regulars all follow similar trends.

RPG is constantly dealing with psycho exes.

Muggi reminds us of the joys of polygamy.

Saq is totally oblivious to how much chicks dig him.

I strike out every other week.

Kalphite wages a war against the friend zone.

Randox pretty much stays rational.

Etc, etc

I've never straight broken a controller, but I believe my N64 and GCube ones were worn on the sticks.

PS3 now, for several years. When Killzone 3 came out I bought a new white controller and those neat analog sticker raisers as well as attachment pieces for the L2 and R2 buttons. Not because I was trying to be superpro or because KZ3 was even worth that, mind you... Lol.

But that combination is what I use to this day. The raisers really do help to take advantage of a higher sensitivity, and the L2R2 pieces help avoid the frustration someone mentioned earlier about accidently throwing grenades, but neither are essential.

I think it's worth mentioning that the PS3 has two different official controllers that look exactly the same, and the first released one was much lighter, whereas the second one is weightier because it has forcefeedback (Dualshock). I think that's how it went anyway.

I started with whatever the first controller model was called and as I said bought the other kind and there's a big difference in feeling between them with the weight and the main body of the white one feeling nicer than the standard I'd had.

I also play XB360 at friends' houses sometimes. The controllers are okay but I find the added mass to be a negative point. The sticks and body plastic seem cheaper too, but maybe my friends' controllers are just worn.

I think it just matters what you start with lol, before this thread devolves into fanboyism.

2dgucz6.png

I don't, it was something someone else mentioned. The trigger raisers (?) are actually meant to make it take that little fraction of effort less lol. But they also provide more surface for the controller to stand on.

2dgucz6.png

Depends, the PS3 controller is a bit more sensitive from the box with just a regular one but I prefer the xbox controller for stick layout especially with the triggers and it to me just seems to be so much better and easier to use.

This comes from someone who was a straight up playstation from one until my PS2 broke and uses a PS3 on a rather regular basis even though I own an xbox. Honestly I just love the xbox controller, and on longevity I find that the first thing to go on my controllers are the buttons I use most, currently on my xbox controller the right button is dying from all the nades I've chucked (play almost exclusivly online CoD) but I just find that the xbox controller seems more right to me.